Premier League 16/17

Anyone else think it's truly bizarre how quiet it is at the West Brom match? The crowd's there and cheering and groaning a little when things happen but it's like it's halftime or something as there's almost no singing or atmosphere there. And there's also practically no traveling support from Burnley either. It feels like I'm watching a US college soccer match with 300 people attending. Weird.

Haven't been watching the game but I'd say two things are to blame - Monday nights are rubbish for football, and atmosphere often revolves around the exchanges between home and away fans. If the away fans turn up in low numbers, the atmosphere takes a plunge.

That said, I quickly turned it on and it sounds loud enough to me...

Anyone watch the Swansea match?? Holy hell what a game for Bradley's first win.

I streamed the second half of the match on my phone as my dad drove across the Midwest. Best decision I've made in a while.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Ulrich
Anyone watch the Swansea match?? Holy hell what a game for Bradley's first win.

I streamed the second half of the match on my phone as my dad drove across the Midwest. Best decision I've made in a while.
Bloody hell that was too much. Two teams fighting relegation. Game tied 1-1 through 65'.
Swansea scores 2 quickly and is up 3-1 at 68'.
But CP scores at 75', 82' and 84' to go up 4-3.
Seven minute stoppage time.
Swans score seconds into stoppage to tie 4-4.
Swans score again at 93' and hold on to win 5-4.
Bradley gets his first win.

With a couple games to be played this weekend, 6 points separate the entire bottom half of the table. The Saints are in 11th place with 14 points, and Sunderland is at 20 with 8.

Last edited:
Bloody hell that was too much. Two teams fighting relegation. Game tied 1-1 through 65'.

With a few games to be played, 6 points separate the entire bottom half of the table. The Saints are in 11th place with 14 points, and Sunderland is at 20 with 8.
It seems like it's just taking some time for the players to buy in to BB's system and methodology. Being in a position to comfortably win the game shows that they're doing the right things but perhaps just getting careless at the end. And yet they then were able to ratchet it back up. I've never thought his style was sexy, but BB is always able to to get his teams to find another gear at the end, usually because of their fitness program - 6 weeks seems about right for new fitness levels to be achieved.

I wish I hadn't left for brunch before the tides turned twice.

With a couple games to be played this weekend, 6 points separate the entire bottom half of the table. The Saints are in 11th place with 14 points, and Sunderland is at 20 with 8.
Thought of you when I saw that. Wow.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Klopp's reaction to the kid Woodburn's goal was just awesome. I am not supposed to love the guy, but Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan I can't help it.
The Welsh Pulisic smashed it, didn't he?

I'm not really the sort to get all googly-eyed over a coach myself (mostly because I think most of them aren't very smart at all). That said, he's the kind of coach that gets 100% out of every player and I totally get why the players and LFC supporters love him.

It's nice to have a coach who players on other teams target as someone they want to join. Mane (what a great story he is, too) has wanted to be on Klopp's team since 2012, and it's working out great for him now that it finally happened.

Wondering if we'll pony up and buy the American Pulisic in January. They're saying 25 million pounds might get it done, which is insane to think about an 18 year old being bought for that much. I would love it as a Liverpool supporter, but I have mixed feelings about it as a USMNT/CP fanboy. The expectations that would come with that price tag, coupled with a mid-season move to a league where he'll get kicked a hell of a lot more makes me slightly nervous for him. But all evidence says it's just me, and CP wouldn't sweat it. He's delivered on everything asked of him so far.

Wondering if we'll pony up and buy the American Pulisic in January. They're saying 25 million pounds might get it done, which is insane to think about an 18 year old being bought for that much. I would love it as a Liverpool supporter, but I have mixed feelings about it as a USMNT/CP fanboy. The expectations that would come with that price tag, coupled with a mid-season move to a league where he'll get kicked a hell of a lot more makes me slightly nervous for him. But all evidence says it's just me, and CP wouldn't sweat it. He's delivered on everything asked of him so far.
I would be excited to see that happen, and I think that there is a great chance that it does. Though like you, I would be somewhat nervous as to how he would perform with such immense pressure, and in a much nastier environment. I have watched most of the B. Dortmund games (for one obvious reason) and I do like how they have handled him - allow him to be a part rather than a focal point, and manage his time wisely. I suspect that Klopp would do the same and Liverpool certainly has the luxury of not having to rely on him while having the opportunity to ultimately build around him.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I would be excited to see that happen, and I think that there is a great chance that it does. Though like you, I would be somewhat nervous as to how he would perform with such immense pressure, and in a much nastier environment. I have watched most of the B. Dortmund games (for one obvious reason) and I do like how they have handled him - allow him to be a part rather than a focal point, and manage his time wisely. I suspect that Klopp would do the same and Liverpool certainly has the luxury of not having to rely on him while having the opportunity to ultimately build around him.
Had the luxury. I'm starting to stress out with Coutinho out at least 5-6 weeks, Sturridge not fit (today and potentially any other day), Firminho out now, Mane going to be gone several weeks at least in January, Origi limping around yesterday, and Lallana still not back.

He would definitely be starting right now and I think he would be a like for like switch on either wing. It's odd that due to us needing him so much, it makes me even more nervous.

ETA: In the longrun, I think it's almost a lock to happen. BVB is a great club, but they don't have the money to have that much young attacking talent stockpiled, especially when their defense is so shit.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC and JayH
It's must see TV in the EPL this season just watching managers on the sidelines with Conte, Pep, JM, and Klopp. That Conte celebration after the Hazard goal was priceless.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Well that was a crazy fistfight-filled ending to the Man City-Chelsea match. Two red cards, two yellows, pretty ugly.

Reactions: JayH
I don't have a link for the highlight, but Saunders was playing GK for Southampton today. That first goal allowed was vintage.

Last edited:
Reactions: BxLio91
And no lead is safe this season in the EPL. Madness.

Reactions: mgarbowski
upload_2016-12-8_14-34-20.png