Premier League 17/18

Guarantee the ending of Liverpool - Tottenham today will be better than the Super Bowl later tonight.

Won’t be such a complete cheat, in all likelihood.

I’ve never been more angry about a series of decisions. The linesman fist pumping his penalty award is disgusting.

Reactions: NickFromAstoria
In order to post an image it must be a direct link or you have to upload it. Direct links end in .jpg .gif so on.
Our upload system is very easy to use.
I don’t believe google photos allows direct linking.
Thank you!!

Here it is:

Attachments

• NewcastleVCP.JPG
    NewcastleVCP.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 94
I'm a Spurs fan and I can sympathize with pool fans feeling a bit aggrieved. Linesman missed the offside on Kane... But I think the pen on Kane was a reasonable call, and didn't matter anyway because he missed it. Second penalty was borderline. But in the end I do think a draw is a fair and deserved result. Two talented and well managed teams played hard to the end.

Reactions: adam
I'm a Spurs fan and I can sympathize with pool fans feeling a bit aggrieved. Linesman missed the offside on Kane... But I think the pen on Kane was a reasonable call, and didn't matter anyway because he missed it. Second penalty was borderline. But in the end I do think a draw is a fair and deserved result. Two talented and well managed teams played hard to the end.
Not complaining about the fairness of the result. Complaining about the fairness of how it was achieved. The refereeing was disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Jee
So I have been doing a little crystal ball gazing, and trying to figure out how the top 4 shakes out.

It’s generally accepted that 76 points gets you a top 4/champions league spot in the PL.

Based upon results thus far and upcoming fixtures, I am thinking that may not hold true. Or if it does, it will only be because 4 teams finish with over 80 points, with likely Chelsea finishing on 75.

Think about just how nuts that is - and it’s reflected on the tightness in the bottom half of the table. To have either 4 teams above 80 (81, to be precise), or a team with 77 points be left out is totally wild.

Add in the fact that it’s conceivable the PL sweeps Europe, and you could have a situation where a team on 81-83 league points is left out of the UCL next year.

That shit should make all of us LFC and Cheatingham fans nervous AF.

FTR, if City don’t hit 100 points, the scenario is likely exacerbated, unless they somehow start dropping lots to the bottom half. Which maybe they would, just for UCL? I don’t know. It could get wild. I suspect by 3/12, we’ll know if it’s going to be a blazing final couple of months. Really, it comes down to Chelsea. Go ahead and quit on the manager guys, spare us all the nerves.

So I have been doing a little crystal ball gazing, and trying to figure out how the top 4 shakes out.

It’s generally accepted that 76 points gets you a top 4/champions league spot in the PL.

Based upon results thus far and upcoming fixtures, I am thinking that may not hold true. Or if it does, it will only be because 4 teams finish with over 80 points, with likely Chelsea finishing on 75.

Think about just how nuts that is - and it’s reflected on the tightness in the bottom half of the table. To have either 4 teams above 80 (81, to be precise), or a team with 77 points be left out is totally wild.

Add in the fact that it’s conceivable the PL sweeps Europe, and you could have a situation where a team on 81-83 league points is left out of the UCL next year.

That shit should make all of us LFC and Cheatingham fans nervous AF.

FTR, if City don’t hit 100 points, the scenario is likely exacerbated, unless they somehow start dropping lots to the bottom half. Which maybe they would, just for UCL? I don’t know. It could get wild. I suspect by 3/12, we’ll know if it’s going to be a blazing final couple of months. Really, it comes down to Chelsea. Go ahead and quit on the manager guys, spare us all the nerves.
With your remaining schedule and form, ya’ll are the favorite for #2 I would think. Should be an insane few weeks. The gooner supporter clips this week have been hysterical.

With your remaining schedule and form, ya’ll are the favorite for #2 I would think. Should be an insane few weeks. The gooner supporter clips this week have been hysterical.
I think you are right, and all of the oddsmakers and statheads and analysts agree. But I don't think it's anywhere near nailed on simply because spurs are also doing well right now, and I don't discount Mourinho stringing together 1-0 after 1-0.

Reactions: JayH
You're putting a lot of faith in a crumbling Arsenal side winning the Europa League there for that to happen...
Conceivable. Not likely.

But you have to admit the bastards usually end up with some sort of silverware, despite being all crumbly for the last few years.

Conceivable. Not likely.

But you have to admit the bastards usually end up with some sort of silverware, despite being all crumbly for the last few years.

Well, in that that "some sort of silverware" is actually "just the FA Cup, not any of the other ones", and they're are already out of it, and before they hit their weird run of cup wins they hadn't won anything in 7 seasons...

Reactions: Christopher Jee
City are so good right now Conte pretty admitted to being scared to play them today. Parked the bus because otherwise he was afraid of getting scorched by 3 or more. Pretty ridiculous considering Chelsea's own budget and some of the talent they have.

City are so good right now Conte pretty admitted to being scared to play them today. Parked the bus because otherwise he was afraid of getting scorched by 3 or more. Pretty ridiculous considering Chelsea's own budget and some of the talent they have.
Shameful, you mean.

But he was so shook up about Astori, on top of it all.

I really like Conte. He was really poor today.

Weird season. From my perspective, I’m curious if/how things shake out differently if Mané isn’t sent off. Seemed a very sliding doors moment that really catapulted city. And that’s not taking anything away from their performance on the year. It seemed to really lift their confidence, though, and enable them to kick on to a different level than the rest of the league.

City are excellent, and on top, they’ve caught tons of breaks. Fully deserving of their lead, but it’s just weird that they haven’t had any/more of the sort of officiating losses/draws or just random shit storms that normally come with a season.

ETA: I think next year could be a blast with Liverpool and MCFC in a dead heat, as they have basically been since Liverpool got their shit together post Wembley debacle.

Last edited: