Proud Of Our Fanbase

HamishBK

Registered
Feb 21, 2015
I must say that I'm very proud of our fan base tonight. I was so good to see such a grass roots support of our team from day one. The house was almost packed (save for a few who probably didn't show up due to weather) and the fans were loud and rowdy. There was so much solidarity in the house that it felt like a true family. For some of the newcomers, who you could tell having been following the sport, they were still extremely engaged. Coming home and watching the highlights we were even louder than it seemed in the stadium.

Very good showing by our team as well. Khiry Shelton is gonna be a very very good player in this league. He's definitely my favorite player to watch. From the minute he gets in the game everything changes.

Good post, man. I think we have two guys between him and Mullins who should at least challenge for b-team call-ups. Would love to see both get more time.

The atmosphere was just incredible. Everyone was into it, and it never felt dull. I hope the crowd is like this for every game.

Was TR loud enough? Hard for me to tell. I was directly across from them behind the other goal, and I heard them at times, but they didn't seem loud. I could be wrong.

I didn't really hear TR much either. Probably because they don't believe in organized chants.

They maybe ought to rethink that. I watched the first 30 minutes of the match on TV after getting home, and it didn't sound like there was an organized supporter section (because their isn't, tbf). The only chant anyone knows is the one that sounds like garbage because it's impossible to have hundreds of people concurrently shove 15 syllables into a rhythm meant for 7.

Reactions: Golazo and FCRU
I didn't really hear TR much either. Probably because they don't believe in organized chants.

They maybe ought to rethink that. I watched the first 30 minutes of the match on TV after getting home, and it didn't sound like there was an organized supporter section (because their isn't, tbf). The only chant anyone knows is the one that sounds like garbage because it's impossible to have hundreds of people concurrently shove 15 syllables into a rhythm meant for 7.

We were loud but they muted the TV mic next to us due to the profane chants. Plus, it wasn't very organized. We need capos badly.

The atmosphere was just incredible. Everyone was into it, and it never felt dull. I hope the crowd is like this for every game.

Was TR loud enough? Hard for me to tell. I was directly across from them behind the other goal, and I heard them at times, but they didn't seem loud. I could be wrong.
I was in 233B...the whole crowd seemed loud, their was a noticeable din throughout. I would say the organization of the chants was not as strong, but the party like atmosphere made up for it.