Proud Of Our Fanbase

I was in 216 and was blown away by how engaged the crowd was. Have never seen anything quite like it in all of the soccer, baseball and hockey games I have attended. We had some fairly generic "NYC, NYC" chants and some "Ole ole ole" which I could have done without. Someone started up "Seven Nation Army" at one point, though it didn't really take. There were a small group of English-sounding guys singing Man City songs somewhere behind me. We couldn't really hear the supporters section, which is not a criticism of them it's just a fact of life for a first home game and playing in a cavernous, windy baseball stadium. I'm sure the atmosphere in the bleachers will come together as the season goes by.

I was in 217, also could not hear the TR/other supporter groups. Obviously they are directly on the other side of the pitch from us but even so it would be nice to hear them...

I had no issue with the generic NYC, NYC as any other chant that was started, died. Id rather have something going then nothing.

Reactions: Bronn FC
I was in 217, also could not hear the TR/other supporter groups. Obviously they are directly on the other side of the pitch from us but even so it would be nice to hear them...

I had no issue with the generic NYC, NYC as any other chant that was started, died. Id rather have something going then nothing.
I'm fine with "NYC, NYC" also and I participated. I feel like "Ole, ole" has just been run into the ground so I wasn't crazy about that, but it was still an excellent atmosphere.

From the TV perspective, I couldn't really make much out. I could tell they did the "NYC/NYC/We are NYCFC" chant a few times, but they also had the Revs away miked and I heard a lot of "Rev-o-lution" chants. The passion came through on the TV, but it wasn't as organized. I'm not sure if there was profanity that maybe they muted the mic by the TR, though I still heard plenty.

not a huge deal since it was game 1, but definitely an area to work out. Visually, you'd like to see all of the TR sections doing something in unison even if you can't make out what's being chanted.

Reactions: Bronn FC
If it's obvious we're going to win the game, can we get an obnoxious NUUUUUU YAWWWWKKKK NUUUUUUU YAAAAWWKKKKK NUUUUUUU YAAAAWWWWKKKKKK during additional time?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
can we get everyone to stand? my section had 3 people standing while every section around us had everyone up

can we get everyone to stand? my section had 3 people standing while every section around us had everyone up
Yea I was a bit frustrated with that. My section had everyone standing at first then you had that "a-hole" yelling sit down so our area was seated most of the game. Honestly it kind of makes me want to relocate.

Reactions: Paul
They'll figure it out with time. We can't sound like 100 yr old EPL teams' fans from the first day. Plus many people wanted organic chants so that's what you get when shit is organic.
You won't sound like EPL teams the atmosphere is chronic at games .you can hear a pin drop most games .you did a good job yesterday

Reactions: Kubah
damn, why don't you non-TR folks tell us what you really think?

In seriousness, yea, we need some work: capos and/or multiple bigger drums might help (fat chance w/yankee rules in place on that 2nd item), plus distributing chant sheets out, at least at first. But Rome wasn't built in a day; it isn't as easy as ESC, TA, or some of the other more successful MLS supporters groups make it look. I'm just glad just about the whole place was singing, chanting, doing whatever to get involved, and standing mostly. At first I was a bit miffed at some of the criticism of our first go at this kind of thing as a unified group, but now I realize I'd rather 235-238 get (constructive and polite) suggestions from the rest of the stands as to how to step it up than not, because it shows how much passion is intermingled throughout the stadium.

Forza Celeste! Oggi combatiamo! Oggi conquistiamo!

Man, you should have gotten seats in the supporter section if you want to stand the whole match. I don't think there's a stadium in the US, UK or Europe where everyone stands the whole match.

Reactions: mgarbowski
Our crowd did a good job whenever the Revs fans started a chant. We need 1 shut them up chant whenever the other SG section starts that shuts them down.

Our crowd did a good job whenever the Revs fans started a chant. We need 1 shut them up chant whenever the other SG section starts that shuts them down.
The "SUCKS!" thing actually did seem to succeed in quieting the Revs supporters. Why they went back to that chant after the first time I don't know.

Reactions: JayH
Yeah I agree with the fact that we need capos and simpler chants. I sat in section 225 and didn't hear the third rail at all except for their drum. The causal fans were the ones that got the whole stadium going with the nyc and New York chants but overall it was a great game and the future looks bright

The atmosphere was incredible in 133 I thought. I've been to several MLS games, and this one was probably the best I've been to. I had a great time. Also, since when is row 11 the front row? My friend bought the tickets, and we were surprised we were somehow in the front.

Here was our view

4Precj1.jpg

The "SUCKS!" thing actually did seem to succeed in quieting the Revs supporters. Why they went back to that chant after the first time I don't know.

From the Supporters' Section you could not hear the Revs fans at all. Good job keeping them to a quiet!

Reactions: Comeonyouboysinblue
Man, you should have gotten seats in the supporter section if you want to stand the whole match. I don't think there's a stadium in the US, UK or Europe where everyone stands the whole match.

I have been to 6 EPL grounds, both stadiums in Sevilla Spain, Ajax Amsterdam, 4 matches at the Veldrome in Marseille, and El Monumental for a River Plate Copa Lberatores match. The last was the only one where the majority of the crowd stood. Hell they jumped up and down and you had to push and shove to see anything at all. It was a hell of an experience as a one off but not how I'd want to want to watch week in week out.

I figure I should elaborate on my experience. The TR (Whom I don't care for full disclosure) Was loud passionate in a Frat Boy sort of way. It's not my thing. If they get together in unison as they sounded scattered they may turn out to be a decent sound out in center field. There was no need to swear though. Not saying I am against swearing but that sounded like there main chant (Fuck New England). If a song has a swear or two fine but with all the rules already imposed by Yankee Stadium do they really want to get penalties imposed on top of the draconian rules? The fans in my section were standing the whole match which was wonderful. Backing up to the entry in the stadium there were a few problems. I wanted to walk in Gate 8 and walk around the inside going to my seats after 20 minutes in line just as I was getting to the front of the line they announced the scanners were broken get out of line and go to the next part of Gate 8. Upon over hearing that they should be open in a few minutes I said I would wait. I was the only person that stayed. 10 minutes later the scanners were fixed and I walked in. The store by there was obviously crowed but they did brisk business I bought my scarf disappointed that it was a half and half but it was what they had for the First Home Game scarf. Found my seats and settled in meeting people around me and taking the prerequisite pic from my seat. The only problem I had with some fans (besides some of the chanting but I touched on that earlier) was the amount of people that did not take their hats off during the anthem. It was an amazing match. We did get lucky a few times with misses and such that had the heart racing. I got to put the Jumbo in the Jumbotron when I got put on it. Great party out in the street with the guys from BBSC cheering and chanting. Lastly the knowing smiles and nods on the 4 train back to Manhattan from the fellow wearers of Sky Blue. What a home opener I am sure that the kinks will be worked out as the season goes on and how about that pitch wasn't it nice?