Race for CCL Spot 2019

Based on the Language in the CONCACAF Document, Have We Qualified For the 2019 CCL? - Moot Poll Now

• Yes - We Qualified

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • No - We Did Not Qualify

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
It can go both ways for the Canadian teams. All 3 Canadian MLS franchises can be poor, and 1 will still get a CCL berth. On the other hand, if 2 Canadian franchises are around the top of the standings, only 1 will get a CCL berth with the other one staying home - even if that other one ends up winning the league.

So what? If you're a top team in MLS, you're always playing all the other top MLS teams in the USOC (besides the Canucks) every freaking year, no matter what. Or at least the teams good enough to beat those best teams.

with the way toronto is playing im sure they rather not play the extra games. then again the other teams are not doing well it seems.....maybe Vancouver and Davies can push for it.

Next year should be interesting i guess...since the CPL launches and thats like 8 extra teams

Reactions: Kjbert
It can go both ways for the Canadian teams. All 3 Canadian MLS franchises can be poor, and 1 will still get a CCL berth. On the other hand, if 2 Canadian franchises are around the top of the standings, only 1 will get a CCL berth with the other one staying home - even if that other one ends up winning the league.

the question will be how does the canadian FA decide to give the slot next year when they have a "division 1" with the CPL.....i still think the cup will be tournament to decide it and just include the CPL teams and amateur teams

with the way toronto is playing im sure they rather not play the extra games. then again the other teams are not doing well it seems.....maybe Vancouver and Davies can push for it.

Next year should be interesting i guess...since the CPL launches and thats like 8 extra teams

Forget the level of competition, just the travel alone will be a pain in the ass.

Screenshot 2018-07-18 16.37.55.png

they probably hope its done by region and play york9 or force fc every year ( a la red bull for us)

That's FORGE FC, don't be disrespecting them before they exist and mixing them up with some quasi Jedi academy!

That's FORGE FC, don't be disrespecting them before they exist and mixing them up with some quasi Jedi academy!

lmao damn my bad, im about to start a war against them all due to a typo

EDIT: They look ready to go

Dh_cCC9W4AAyIk-.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
It’s good for CONCACAF and MLS if they do well. Provides another source of players to poach if they show well. Helps the region if Canada has a decent team.

sure, should help Canada tremendously just having league kids can grow into. As for us poaching, i feel somehow MLS Canadian have first dibs or make it hard for American ones to get a good prospect.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
sure, should help Canada tremendously just having league kids can grow into. As for us poaching, i feel somehow MLS Canadian have first dibs or make it hard for American ones to get a good prospect.
Right, but if Canadian MLS teams get dibs, then that frees up their American kids they may have to come to the stateside MLS clubs.

Reactions: Fantazma and Kjbert
SKC lost. Was that bad for us? I can't remember.

Eh. Looks like it doesn't matter based on adam's table. Carry on, dudes.

It wasn't good for us. If they were able to win the USOC it would have opened up another CCL spot for the combined table.

I think that was sarcasm. But yup, SKC’s loss hurt. And also Portland’s. They have 4 matches in hand. And although it would take a crazy winning streak to catch us, I’d rather they took the USOC and themselves out of contention.

As it stands now: LAFC v HOU & PHI v CHI does nothing for us. I’m now pulling for LA, as I feel they are the only one of the 4 that would make a decent showing in the CCL. Also, if LAFC makes the MLS Cup semi-finals (after wining USOC) and so do NYC & ATL (assuming they are top 2 on the table), we’d have a 75% of CCL right there.