Race for CCL Spot 2019

Based on the Language in the CONCACAF Document, Have We Qualified For the 2019 CCL? - Moot Poll Now

• Yes - We Qualified

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • No - We Did Not Qualify

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
Error message on the page now.
O hell. What a joke. Now it says aggregate points again.

Which I always thought was stupid and I still do, because what if TFC or SKC repeat? You could have allowed both 2017 point winner and 2018 points winner, but now what. The agg winner goes in and you have yet another slot to fill. With no pre-announcement of how to choose them, for maximum appearance of corruption.

O hell. What a joke. Now it says aggregate points again.

Which I always thought was stupid and I still do, because what if TFC or SKC repeat? You could have allowed both 2017 point winner and 2018 points winner, but now what. The agg winner goes in and you have yet another slot to fill. With no pre-announcement of how to choose them, for maximum appearance of corruption.

i wonder if that dude went in to try and fix it and then was told no

Error message on the page now.

And now it’s back. But doesn’t say we qualify anymore. AND doesn’t say how someone qualifies now that Toronto won the MLS Cup.

Reactions: Kjbert
And now it’s back. But doesn’t say we qualify anymore. AND doesn’t say how someone qualifies now that Toronto won the MLS Cup.

No, it says aggregate over 2017 and 2018 I noted it above, but it was kind of buried.

Meanwhile, I imagine that reps from MLS and CONCACAF are on a conference call trying to sort it out, with the latter insisting we're in and MLS that we're not, and going through the email chain to figure out where they got confused, and it involves a combination of bad copy and poor translations.

No, it says aggregate over 2017 and 2018 I noted it above, but it was kind of buried.

Meanwhile, I imagine that reps from MLS and CONCACAF are on a conference call trying to sort it out, with the latter insisting we're in and MLS that we're not, and going through the email chain to figure out where they got confused, and it involves a combination of bad copy and poor translations.

well it was a fun couple of hours

CONCACAF knows the tournament is better with NYCFC in it and can make whatever kind of interpretation of their rules they want. My money is on CONCACAF making sure we are in and not taking the chance our spot will be won by ColumbAustin Crew.

CONCACAF knows the tournament is better with NYCFC in it and can make whatever kind of interpretation of their rules they want. My money is on CONCACAF making sure we are in and not taking the chance our spot will be won by ColumbAustin Crew.

the conspiracy theorist in me thought exactly that.....have the "flashy" team in (even though villa may not be there anymore) and CONCACAF wants that CFG exposure in their tournament

CONCACAF: If there's a duplicated qualifying team, the team with the highest points over 2017, 2018 get the spot.
MLS: 2017 and 2018, okay?
CONCACAF: Yes the 2017, 2018 season.
MLS: So both seasons.
CONCACAF: Yes, both parts of the season.
MLS: Aggregated?
CONCACAF: Obviously, how else would you count points?
MLS: Over two seasons.
CONCACAF: Yes, that's what we're saying 2017, 2018 season.
MLS: Okay.

CONCACAF: If there's a duplicated qualifying team, the team with the highest points over 2017, 2018 get the spot.
MLS: 2017 and 2018, okay?
CONCACAF: Yes the 2017, 2018 season.
MLS: So both seasons.
CONCACAF: Yes, both parts of the season.
MLS: Aggregated?
CONCACAF: Obviously, how else would you count points?
MLS: Over two seasons.
CONCACAF: Yes, that's what we're saying 2017, 2018 season.
MLS: Okay.
giphy.gif