Roma's Gervinho And Chelsea's Ramires Off To China

BossNYC

Registered
Apr 10, 2014
Gervinho is off to Hebei Fortune.

Ramires is going to Jiangsu Suning in a $36 million deal.

China has apparently made winning a World Cup in the next 25 years a priority and strengthening its national league is seen as a key cog to that goal.

Gervinho is off to Hebei Fortune.

Ramires is going to Jiangsu Suning in a $36 million deal.

China has apparently made winning a World Cup in the next 25 years a priority and strengthening its national league is seen as a key cog to that goal.

they need to focus on their youth set up or else this means nothing. i dont know the state of it but i dont think i have seen them in U-17 or U-20 WC so i dont think its doing that well.

China has bought into the Portuguese second division in a big way, too. They've given it some huge sponsorship deal and were very close to agreeing a rule that forced teams to field a certain number of Chinese players as well as having Chinese coaches (not managers, just coaches) until the Portuguese player's union shot it down. They are still planning on requesting that clubs sign Chinese players though...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35415217

Yep, they have some sort of Beijing-backed plan to invest in low hanging fruit around the world. Places that they think are better in soccer and that they can send guys to train at.

Portugal and Australia are the first two I've heard but I know there are others.

China's first division has spent more than any other league in the world this transfer window.

The really shocking fact though is the Chinese second division, League One, have spent more than clubs in the German Bundesliga, Spain's La Liga or France's Ligue 1.

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/201...ckson-martinez-alex-teixeira-gervinho-ramires

it appears the tv rights for the CSL went from $9 million a year in 2015 to $250 million year for 2016 which is fuelling the current outlay.

Also CSL teams are owned by companies who can splash a lot of cash like Gangzhou Evergrande have done recently.

If Don Garber's goal of becoming a top 5 league one day is to come to fruition, it really needs to get a much larger TV deal in a country that has far less interest in the sport than China does.

Reactions: FootyLovin
http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/201...ckson-martinez-alex-teixeira-gervinho-ramires

it appears the tv rights for the CSL went from $9 million a year in 2015 to $250 million year for 2016 which is fuelling the current outlay.

Also CSL teams are owned by companies who can splash a lot of cash like Gangzhou Evergrande have done recently.

If Don Garber's goal of becoming a top 5 league one day is to come to fruition, it really needs to get a much larger TV deal in a country that has far less interest in the sport than China does.

I'm just not convinced about the money, their economy is up and down all the time I don't see how the heck they spill out so much cash in a matter of months.

I'll try and keep up with some blogs and Twitter feeds I have for that league and see how it goes

Lavezzi is off to China as well. At 30 years of age these are the players MLS needs to increase its profile and standard

I'm just not convinced about the money, their economy is up and down all the time I don't see how the heck they spill out so much cash in a matter of months.

I'll try and keep up with some blogs and Twitter feeds I have for that league and see how it goes

A lot of it comes from the will of the Chinese government also. Something the USA won't enjoy

A lot of it comes from the will of the Chinese government also. Something the USA won't enjoy

This I did not know, interesting then that the government wants this then

These should be players coming to the MLS

A whole lot of Twitter talk from the pro/rel guys and how they claim that because there is no pro/rel in the U.S. that China has already surpassed MLS because of all this cash splash

But if government $$$ is being used the there is no way MLS competes.

Realistically maybe a few clubs in MLS can be throwing out that much money around like Chinese clubs have been doing

A whole lot of Twitter talk from the pro/rel guys and how they claim that because there is no pro/rel in the U.S. that China has already surpassed MLS because of all this cash splash

Realistically maybe a few clubs in MLS can be throwing out that much money around like Chinese clubs have been doing
Yes, the Chinese government is involved.

They've stated openly they want sports income to total 800 BILLION dollars by 2025 and want it to be 1% of their GDP.

That's why their TV deal went from $8 million 2 years ago, to 15 million a year ago, to $300 million this year. It's a state-owned network.

People need to remember, the Chinese government are still true-blue red Communists.

They've stated openly they want sports income to total 800 BILLION dollars by 2025 and want it to be 1% of their GDP.

That's why their TV deal went from $8 million 2 years ago, to 15 million a year ago, to $300 million this year. It's a state-owned network.

People need to remember, the Chinese government are still true-blue red Communists.
intense money...well see how this bubble bursts ( if it does). ill try to follow the league see if any of the new signings actually stay there all season.

$800 billion as 1% of GDP would mean a total GDP of $80 trillion, there's zero chance of that happening.

Not sure what pro/rel has got to do with this. Even if the CSL was a closed league or if MLS had pro/rel it wouldn't make any difference.

Like you said if the chinese govt are throwing money around, MLS and indeed euro leagues will find it hard to compete.

The Chinese Government is ALWAYS involved.
By bringing in outsiders the Gov can control who is and who isn't a star in that country. Get a little too political and your paperwork has a problem and you have to leave.
There are no huge stars of any kind in China because the Gov is scared of someone having sway over the people.

Reactions: Ulrich
Not sure what pro/rel has got to do with this. Even if the CSL was a closed league or if MLS had pro/rel it wouldn't make any difference.

Like you said if the chinese govt are throwing money around, MLS and indeed euro leagues will find it hard to compete.

exactly, their belief is that if its an "open system" that millions will come in to invest in teams like in china, not taking into account that the government in China is what is driving this.

this whole thing has been crazy....well see how it turns out. on the non football side...i guess ill try to read up on weekly roundups and such to see how they players are doing/ or if they are still there.