RSL Postmatch

Last edited:
Mark follows me, too. Or he did. Probably not now, since I tweet more ‘pewl than us.

Happy to up the ante [there] as the boys here demand. Up to you, Pat and co.
I’ve tried following Mark twice and dropped him each time for posting too much Man City horseshit. I just don’t want that crap in my timeline, and people post his best NYC stuff here anyway.

Last edited:
One other thing that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

I can’t believe I am going to say this...arrrgghhh...it feels just wrong, but....

Mark Geiger called a good game.

giphy.gif

That gives me hope that Chapman may call a good game...

But I'd be lying to myself.

I’ve tried following Mark twice and dropped him each time for posting too much Man City horseshit. I just don’t want that crap in my timeline, and people post his best NYC stuff here anyway.
Please help me save the world by amending your quote to fix my homophone idiocy.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
JayH JayH , so you said Villa was in "fine form" during warmups in the shout box. What was happening?
During the keep-away game, he was putting on a trick show, nutmegs, rabonas, etc. All of the guys were razzing each other, laughing, cheering, fake wrestling, etc., having a blast. It was hysterical, like a bunch of kids having fun.

Another thought on Berget’s goal.... that was a seriously well-placed shot of a calm goal scorer and not what is expected from a bruising Center forward. The guy has finesse in his wheelhouse.

Also, after watching the highlights, he has really good trapping skills - it was the first minute when he split the CBs and took a long ball out of the air and settled it on the run. That’s a pretty valuable skill for a forward that can find the seams and split the defense. Amazing (and not unexpected) how a little fitness boost can unlock a player’s skills.

more importantly, his runs were spot on. vieira played this one well with berget on the left side making constant diagonal runs. really opened up the game for us

more importantly, his runs were spot on. vieira played this one well with berget on the left side making constant diagonal runs. really opened up the game for us
Save for Villa, I’m not sure we’ve ever had a forward/winger that has been able to split defenders so frequently and easily with their runs. He’s uncanny with that ability.

Save for Villa, I’m not sure we’ve ever had a forward/winger that has been able to split defenders so frequently and easily with their runs. He’s uncanny with that ability.
makes the job a lot easier for villa who likes to drift to the left side throughout each game.... medina and matarrita were able to do whatever they wanted with some of those runs. long balls were on more often than not.

Reactions: JayH
Yes. His first two games were a bit misleading as they suggested he could be clumsy and reactionary, but now with legs and health he looked more like the highlight films where he has good run instinct and a smooth stride.

Reactions: Ulrich
So I was lucky enough to attend this match Pitchside via a colleague of mine that got set up with Pitchside seats. This was the first time I've watched a game outside of the Supporters Section.

I'll save a lot of going into the experience as that's been well covered on this forum, but two things:
  1. I kinda made it onto the Behind the Scenes video. In the second half, Berget took the ball down the left side that resulted in an opportunity (can't remember if it was one hit at Rimando or one that was skyed over), but as Berget is taking the ball, you can hear a quite audible "Let's go Berget!"
  2. There was this adorable little girl with her father behind us for the match and she was enthralled with how short Maxi was. At one point, probably around the 80' or so, Maxi took the ball, and she yelled out "GO TINY LEGS!" and it was just so natural and smooth and amazing. I still can't stop laughing about it.

makes the job a lot easier for villa who likes to drift to the left side throughout each game.... medina and matarrita were able to do whatever they wanted with some of those runs. long balls were on more often than not.

And in the other direction Berget should be able to do whatever he wants on wide open runs when the defenders forget to pick him up because they are hyper focused on tracking Villa.

Reactions: Mario