Season Ticket Holders: Anyone Been Asked About Renewals For Next Year?

They're still trying to sign up "Founding Members" for this year, who were there "from the beginning," which now means with 4 homes games left.
That aside, I like how they are not pushing to get our cash yet. We're all guaranteed to get our seats back if we want them, and the priority for changing or adding seats is set, so there's no rush. To me their delay is also a sign of strength and confidence that most STHs will renew..

They're still trying to sign up "Founding Members" for this year, who were there "from the beginning," which now means with 4 homes games left.
That aside, I like how they are not pushing to get our cash yet. We're all guaranteed to get our seats back if we want them, and the priority for changing or adding seats is set, so there's no rush. To me their delay is also a sign of strength and confidence that most STHs will renew..
I'm thinking of getting one of those $100 founding member tickets. That way I'd have two seats to renew in September as opposed to just the one I have now, while at the same time locking in those low, low, founding member prices for all eternity. I'm sure I could sell those four tickets and break even if I can't bring someone to the matches.

I'm thinking of getting one of those $100 founding member tickets. That way I'd have two seats to renew in September as opposed to just the one I have now, while at the same time locking in those low, low, founding member prices for all eternity. I'm sure I could sell those four tickets and break even if I can't bring someone to the matches.
While there's some risk in this, I think your logic is sound. Your math, on the other hand, seems lacking. You say you have 1 ticket and might buy 1 more, which will give you two seats. So far so good. But then when it's time to sell them you have 4?:confused:

Reactions: FootyLovin
While there's some risk in this, I think your logic is sound. Your math, on the other hand, seems lacking. You say you have 1 ticket and might buy 1 more, which will give you two seats. So far so good. But then when it's time to sell them you have 4?:confused:
Sorry, what I meant was I'd sell the four games remaining so that second ticket would essentially cost me nothing for this year.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
latest

Reactions: LionNYC

The only reason I think they're keeping founding membership open is for people who bought one or two tickets and want to buy more. I actually thought about getting two additional seats to the two I have for the price level compared to buying two more years later (when I actually need four) and having priority access to four seats in the SSS.

Absolutely agree. It's a pleasant change from when I was RBNJ STH and the renewal requests started in June. I've gotten 2 emails and 1 phone call in the last 24 hours alone from RBNJ and I haven't had ST's with them since 2012

Reactions: mgarbowski
Had lunch with a friend today who bought a 9-game package of six seats before the season started. He doesn't think that technically he is a "Founding Member" - which is crazy. I bought my season tickets when there were 9 games left, and I count. Hopefully, he gets credit for this because he's a big fan.

Had lunch with a friend today who bought a 9-game package of six seats before the season started. He doesn't think that technically he is a "Founding Member" - which is crazy. I bought my season tickets when there were 9 games left, and I count. Hopefully, he gets credit for this because he's a big fan.
I bought that same package and, yeah, you're not a founding member with that. After the first match though I called my rep and changed to a full season. I had to.

A+++++. Would do again.

I haven't heard anything from NYCFC but get an email almost every day about the "Red" Membership from the Red Bulls.

RBNY certainly has better spammers than NYCFC. Enough already!

I don't want to create a panic just want to share this :
I attended the Talk and Chalk workshop this past Saturday. At the introduction there was an on spot informal survey as to how many of us were on planning to renew our season tickets for 2016 season? The results were very likable to the gent who asked us the question. He also added that what would decide us to do so? after a few responses. He added even if we raise the price?
One brave attendee responded " it depends how much? Another attendee added depends on how it was sweetened ?
the main answer that struck me was that they may raise by one dollar.

Another brave attendee asked to clarify the response "you mean the raise will be one dollar per game and per seat the response was yes.

Spoke to rep today and was told not to expect renewals for "a couple of months". He actually said they were hoping to get in and sell some playoff tickets before having the renewal conversations.

Please remember, I am just the messenger.

Reactions: JayH
Spoke to rep today and was told not to expect renewals for "a couple of months". He actually said they were hoping to get in and sell some playoff tickets before having the renewal conversations.

I'll give it a 92.5% chance that they start renewals before a single playoff tickets is sold, because they aren't going to sell them. Playoffs? Playoffs?

I figure any attempt to sell playoff tickets will have to come with an option to have the cost automatically applied to your STH renewal on the likely chance that the playoff tickets are an illusion.

But if they actually wait a couple of months before renewals come up then we will actually know if we make the playoffs or not (and most likely not). Also, while we could get certainty on the negative side a few weeks before the season ends, if we do somehow make the playoffs then that will probably not be known until the very last game is played.

Seems to me that renewal timing may be tied to cash flow requirements...

I will take credit for being "the brave attendee." My sense is they are thinking more of $5 per seat per game price raise which is about $85 per seat more than than last year.

They also said they will send out invoices in mid Sept. By about a month after that they will know who didn't renew and which seats are open for those of us that want to add seats.

My highlight of the event was CJ (assistant coach) saying our guys need to play with more attitude so that opponents know they will be sore after an NYCFC game. According to CJ (and I wholeheartedly agree) this attitude is lacking in our team now.