Boogie-down Bronx
Based on an r/mls survey

TOP FIVE HATED TEAMS & OVERALL RATING
  1. L.A. Galaxy (2.17)
  2. NYCFC (2.48)
  3. Seattle Sounders (2.58)
  4. Houston (2.60)
  5. San Jose Earthquakes (2.71)
Overall, the Galaxy continue to show there is no love lost between them and the rest of the league’s fans, and I’m sure that suits Galaxy fans just fine. With Pirlo, Mix, Villa, and Lampard joining NYCFC, it’s easy to see how they are gaining some enemies. Seattle’s a team people love to hate with their enormous fanbase. I’m not sure what Houston did to warrant their hatred (San Jose, RSL, Philly, Sporting KC, and FC Dallas all shared a lot of hate for the Dynamo). San Jose got a lot of hate from L.A. (1.64) and PTFC (1.5) and Seattle (1.65) to round out the most hated list.

Based on an r/mls survey

TOP FIVE HATED TEAMS & OVERALL RATING
  1. L.A. Galaxy (2.17)
  2. NYCFC (2.48)
  3. Seattle Sounders (2.58)
  4. Houston (2.60)
  5. San Jose Earthquakes (2.71)
Overall, the Galaxy continue to show there is no love lost between them and the rest of the league’s fans, and I’m sure that suits Galaxy fans just fine. With Pirlo, Mix, Villa, and Lampard joining NYCFC, it’s easy to see how they are gaining some enemies. Seattle’s a team people love to hate with their enormous fanbase. I’m not sure what Houston did to warrant their hatred (San Jose, RSL, Philly, Sporting KC, and FC Dallas all shared a lot of hate for the Dynamo). San Jose got a lot of hate from L.A. (1.64) and PTFC (1.5) and Seattle (1.65) to round out the most hated list.

I bet if they do that poll before the league made a core player slot for la to sign Gio we win.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

In reality, if you cared about MLS, it would be New England first, since the owner is an anchor on the leg of the league. Then colorado, philly, and chicago, since they are not even trying. Then Orlando, since their fans are awful typical floridian trash.

But yeah, the two best teams in the league, and the new kid willing to spend are the ones to hate. Losers.

Wait my New York team is not the most hated in the league? I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!

Actually lets do a recount after Pirlo has had his second game to gel with the team and we really start kicking tail. Thank you CFG for sending the wonderful reinforcements.

Reactions: gbservis
Not surprising, given the disproportionate NYCFC coverage on mass media and the Yankee halo effect. Once we win the MLS Cup this year, I expect us to go straight to the head of the class.

The Orlando love-fest is purely because they're a counter to NYC. Entered the league at the same time, everyone naturally dislikes New York, Orlando is the alternative so they become the public team.

They hate us because we have tons and tons of money to spend. Then they realize how dumb that sounds because there's a salary cap. But let's keep that a secret

They hate us because we have tons and tons of money to spend. Then they realize how dumb that sounds because there's a salary cap. But let's keep that a secret
I'm not sure that the salary cap applies to NYCFC. The MLS rules aren't exactly the most concrete. Lol jk

If the question was: Which teams do you think are most important to the future of MLS and the growth of soccer in the USA? I think the list would be about the same. Which tells you about how much of a clue your typical /r/mls poster has.

Our ranking is due to 2 things: we're NYC and signed 3 big DPs. We haven't won (16/20 league-wide). There have been no incidents where our fans or players have been particularly obnoxious -- even as an outlier. Anything the haters say about our owners and MC connection are after-the-fact justifications.

Meanwhile, the real mytery is why Houston is the 4th most hated team.

Reactions: Paul
You forget the snobs who hate us because "We're not Organic" and we're owned by CFG/Yankees which they see as Man City and the Yankees too wealthy sports teams they likely hate.

I'm very surprised that Jersey and Portland aren't on there. Funny I think a year or two ago RB would have been one or two when they were spending and were the closest thing to a NY team etc. I'd still think that they'd make the list for being quasi NY and their corporate identity etc. Would think Portland for same reasons as Seattle. Impressive support but can act like they invented the concept of Supporters culture.

Reactions: Gene
You forget the snobs who hate us because "We're not Organic".......
Don't forget we're "plastic" fans who don't "deserve" a team, because there wasn't any "grassroot" movement for NY2. Apologies if I missed any poseur doochebag terms........feel free to insert any others you can think of.
I'm very surprised that Jersey and Portland aren't on there.
Most likely because Red Bull is easily forgettable. Face it, thanks to NYCFC the Jersey Boys have received more media attention in half a season than they have in the previous 20 years.

If you consider the landlords and part-owners are the most hated team in American Sports and the other part-owners are Muslim its not too bad. :)