Seems Like Miami Isn't Happening, What City Should Replace It?

Why the hell would you do that?!

Is MLS not trying to build the game across the entire country and not just the east and west coasts?
Mls is trying to make money. Putting acteam in anywhere BUT a major city is throwing away money

Indy Eleven has really taken off in Indianapolis, has been drawing maxed out crowds at their little stadium and they have a new stadium in the works. Plus they have a major shirt sponsor (Honda) that has a big presence in the area.

P.S. My family lives there so I have a little knowledge of the area.

Mls is trying to make money. Putting acteam in anywhere BUT a major city is throwing away money
How are you losing money if a team has awesome support and starts winning, even if its in a smaller city?

Indy Eleven has really taken off in Indianapolis, has been drawing maxed out crowds at their little stadium and they have a new stadium in the works. Plus they have a major shirt sponsor (Honda) that has a big presence in the area.

Seems like they would be a great team to bring up to MLS.

How is Sacramento, California any better than Indianapolis?

Sacramento is the number 20 market in the us, Indianapolis number 25. There are many factors, following isn't just at the gate MLS needs eyes as well. Also it needs owners that can keep up with the other teams.

Boston, L.A, Sacramento Republic FC, pretty much any legit city

Boston has a team (assuming the Krafts ever move the Revs into the city) and doesn't have a market big enough to support 2 soccer teams.
LA has one team and another in the process of being built.
Sacramento to MLS is probably gonna happen, but even then the city is about half the size of Indy and their stadium is nearly 3000 seats smaller.

So what is your point here?

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
How are you losing money if a team has awesome support and starts winning, even if its in a smaller city?
Yeah actually that was part of the problem with the NHL the were spending more then they were bringing in, part of that is market. Part of the reason they locked out the players to rein in team spending and fix there salary cap to something that is linked directly to league revenue bright in by the hockey product. Something I want to see MLS do.

Yeah actually that was part of the problem with the NHL the were spending more then they were bringing in, part of that is market.
The NHL as far as I'm concerned isn't all that popular outside of the markets where teams are currently located. The lack of national TV coverage doesn't help much either.

MLS on the other hand has the potential to grow outside of the markets where teams are located. I just think that it needs some more TV coverage.

Reactions: NYCFCFan10
The NHL as far as I'm concerned isn't all that popular outside of the markets where teams are currently located. The lack of national TV coverage doesn't help much either.

MLS on the other hand has the potential to grow outside of the markets where teams are located. I just think that it needs some more TV coverage.
I agree you need better TV coverage but you not going to get TV coverage if you have a team in a small town just cause the draw well.

Reactions: MagnusPax
I agree you need better TV coverage but you not going to get TV coverage if you have a team in a small town just cause the draw well.
I'm not saying that you need to put the team in a small town. I was merely pointing out that all of the teams in MLS don't have to be located in gigantic cities. Indy and Sacramento aren't exactly small towns.

I'm not saying that you need to put the team in a small town. I was merely pointing out that all of the teams in MLS don't have to be located in gigantic cities. Indy and Sacramento aren't exactly small towns.
Your right they aren't small towns but we cities that can support teams by BOTH attendance and ratings. Also keep in mind, NHL makes as much money as the premier league in revenue and makes more money than all other soccer leagues, most due to TV money form the US and Canada.

Your right they aren't small towns but we cities that can support teams by BOTH attendance and ratings. Also keep in mind, NHL makes as much money as the premier league in revenue and makes more money than all other soccer leagues, most due to TV money form the US and Canada.
Well, thats news to me. I never would have expected that the NHL made that much money.

Well, thats news to me. I never would have expected that the NHL made that much money.
Yeah, if we want MLS to compete with the world in soccer MLS needs to make more money. MLS is currently 20th in soccer leagues in terms of revenue. For a north American league that is nothing sort of pathetic. MLS has the capacity to be the riches soccer league in the world if it were to further adapt the business model of the other 4 North American Sports leagues.

Its neck and neck with BPL and NHL. I saw one report recently that said BPL was slightly ahead but who knows? Its really close.

But its 30 NHL clubs versus 20 BPL clubs and thanks to a higher level of parity, and more teams competing for a title, more NHL matchups are more intriguing than most BPL games. No one really watches Stoke vs. Burnley or Swansea vs. QPR, ect. Its all about the big 5 (as well as Tottenham and Everton maybe) for the casuals.

By the way, I think Miami WILL happen either in 2017 or 18. I think they will get a stadium but I think MLS will allow the team to start playing before the stadium is built at the Dolphins stadium.

This is actually really interesting. I never realized how much more money American leagues make compared to the EPL.

01-199.png

http://www.businessinsider.com/premier-league-sports-mlb-nfl-nba-nhl-revenue-2014-3

Yep, which is why I literally laugh when I read things from people on twitter or facebook saying things like they doubt MLS will ever be bigger than LigaMX, no way will it ever catch up to EPL, ect.

MLS can easily dominate every domestic league in Europe one day.

Reactions: Gene
Yep, which is why I literally laugh when I read things from people on twitter or facebook saying things like they doubt MLS will ever be bigger than LigaMX, no way will it ever catch up to EPL, ect.

MLS can easily dominate every domestic league in Europe one day.

it's also why pro/rel doesn't make sense for the us

Reactions: MagnusPax and Gene