Simple Clap And Chants For Next Matchday

erwin

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Aug 18, 2014
Astoria, NY
thewelldressedpt.tumblr.com
Hey y'all, I posted a song sheet and was interested in seeing opinions on spreading some simple clapping chants to get everyone involved without having to use crazy lyrics.

I'm all for good songs, but this will go a long way to help improve the atmosphere, because these are simple.

Those of you who do follow the USMNT or any English league teams will find these familiar. I did post these from the Hearts of Oak sheet.

1. Traditional Clapping Chants:
a. Clap, Clap – Clapclapclap – Clapclapclapclap
New York Ci-ty! (Hold your hands over your head – and Repeat)

b. BBC (a la USMNT matches)
N (pause) Y (pause) C! (clap overhead)
New York City clapclap – clapclapclapclap (end hands overhead)

2. Momentum Builders:

a. Come on, New York! (repeated, a la 'spurs)

b. (Crescendo up and down):
New York, New York, New York -
New York, New York, New York, New York...

c. (to Stars and Stripes Forever)
NYC, NYC, NYC...
NYC, NYC, NYC - NYC, NYC, NYC... NYC, N-Y-C!

3. Nah-nah-nah, New York (From TR chant page)
(To The Beatles’ ‘Hey Jude’)
Nah, nah-nah, nahnanahnah –
Nananahnah, New York

4. Vamos Mi Celestes (BBSC)
Vamos mi celestes,
Vamos a ser campeon!
Lo, lololo – lololololo, lololo
Yo soy New Yorkino,
(Opposing Team; Sporting) son cabron!

5. When New York goes marching in...
Done 4x: 1st + 2nd (slow), 3rd (with clap), 4th (with call/response)

Oh when New York, goes marching in!
Oh when New York goes marching in,
I want to be in that number -
When New York Goes Marching in

We did 'City Said I' in 234 last match. Really like that one, very original (I think?)

Reactions: erwin
Hey y'all, I posted a song sheet and was interested in seeing opinions on spreading some simple clapping chants to get everyone involved without having to use crazy lyrics.

I'm all for good songs, but this will go a long way to help improve the atmosphere, because these are simple.

Those of you who do follow the USMNT or any English league teams will find these familiar. I did post these from the Hearts of Oak sheet.

1. Traditional Clapping Chants:
a. Clap, Clap – Clapclapclap – Clapclapclapclap
New York Ci-ty! (Hold your hands over your head – and Repeat)

b. BBC (a la USMNT matches)
N (pause) Y (pause) C! (clap overhead)
New York City clapclap – clapclapclapclap (end hands overhead)

2. Momentum Builders:

a. Come on, New York! (repeated, a la 'spurs)

b. (Crescendo up and down):
New York, New York, New York -
New York, New York, New York, New York...

c. (to Stars and Stripes Forever)
NYC, NYC, NYC...
NYC, NYC, NYC - NYC, NYC, NYC... NYC, N-Y-C!

3. Nah-nah-nah, New York (From TR chant page)
(To The Beatles’ ‘Hey Jude’)
Nah, nah-nah, nahnanahnah –
Nananahnah, New York

4. Vamos Mi Celestes (BBSC)
Vamos mi celestes,
Vamos a ser campeon!
Yo soy New Yorkino,
(Opposing Team; Sporting) son cabron!

5. When New York goes marching in...
Done 4x: 1st + 2nd (slow), 3rd (with clap), 4th (with call/response)

Oh when New York, goes marching in!
Oh when New York goes marching in,
I want to be in that number -
When New York Goes Marching in

I wasn't all that excited about this one when I first saw it floating around. As well as the "I wanna knowwww, if you're NYC". But at the last game, the Hey Jude one was a lot of fun. And the I wanna know sounded awesome on the TV broadcast when I rewatched the NE game.

Simple ones are great, especially now. Gets more people who don't know a lot to join in easily.

One other one that seems simple, easy, and fun (from the Spurs)...

Everywhere we gooooooo
Everywhere we gooooooo
Its the New York boys, making all the noise
Everywhere we gooooooo

I wasn't all that excited about this one when I first saw it floating around. As well as the "I wanna knowwww, if you're NYC". But at the last game, the Hey Jude one was a lot of fun. And the I wanna know sounded awesome on the TV broadcast when I rewatched the NE game.

Simple ones are great, especially now. Gets more people who don't know a lot to join in easily.

One other one that seems simple, easy, and fun (from the Spurs)...

Everywhere we gooooooo
Everywhere we gooooooo
Its the New York boys, making all the noise
Everywhere we gooooooo

I agree and think the simplest stuff will make the biggest impact, especially getting the people outside of the stands involved. Bringing this up with the section leaders in TR would go a long way and help get the whole of the stadium on the right foot!

I agree and think the simplest stuff will make the biggest impact, especially getting the people outside of the stands involved. Bringing this up with the section leaders in TR would go a long way and help get the whole of the stadium on the right foot!

Agreed. The problem is, I'm not sure if we have section leaders in the TR.... I am in the TR and have tickets in 237, but the communication isn't very good as to what is going on. I've also submitted some feedback/ideas through the TR website, but have heard nothing back.

Agreed. The problem is, I'm not sure if we have section leaders in the TR.... I am in the TR and have tickets in 237, but the communication isn't very good as to what is going on. I've also submitted some feedback/ideas through the TR website, but have heard nothing back.
Follow our lead? We've got a couple guys in 238 that are stepping up as capos. If you're feeling a song, join in. Hopefully the rest of the section will follow.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Follow our lead? We've got a couple guys in 238 that are stepping up as capos. If you're feeling a song, join in. Hopefully the rest of the section will follow.

Definitely. Did some of that at the last game. Really just wanted to point out that I don't think we have section leaders. I wouldn't mind trying to step up in that regard for section 237 to try and get people to join in at all.
The problem I have is I travel a lot for work and will be missing the next two home games....

One thing I would like to see is a good chant for set pieces. Not sure if anyone watched the Sporting KC-Philadelphia game last Sunday, but KC scored all 3 of their goals off set pieces, and the stadium there had an awesome set piece chant. I really felt as though KC fed off of the energy of their crowd to pull out that win. It was a fun match to watch.

I did see one suggestion that sounded cool for set pieces to the tune of DMX:

Stop! Drop! Shut 'em down, open up shop!
Oooooooooohhhh. Woahhhhhhhhh
Here comes a New York goal!

Either way, having something that is a go-to chant for set pieces would be great

Reactions: erwin and JayH
One thing I would like to see is a good chant for set pieces. Not sure if anyone watched the Sporting KC-Philadelphia game last Sunday, but KC scored all 3 of their goals off set pieces, and the stadium there had an awesome set piece chant. I really felt as though KC fed off of the energy of their crowd to pull out that win. It was a fun match to watch.

I did see one suggestion that sounded cool for set pieces to the tune of DMX:

Stop! Drop! Shut 'em down, open up shop!
Oooooooooohhhh. Woahhhhhhhhh
Here comes a New York goal!

Either way, having something that is a go-to chant for set pieces would be great

I agree, I think that we need to get our feet on the ground before we start sprinting though!

I will blatantly steal a Chelsea chant, because I love it (and the Muppets) so much:

To the tune of Mah Na Mah Na:

Mix Diskerud - do doo do do do
Mix Diskerud- do doo do do
Mix Diskerud - do doo do do do
do do do
He's NYCFC's Number 10

Reactions: erwin and LostAnvil
When i see you City
I go out of my head
I just can't get enough I just can't get enough
All the things you do to me and all the things you say
I just cant get enough i just can't get enough
we slip and slide as we fall in love
and i just cant seem to get enough of
dududududududududududududu
New York City

When i see you City
I go out of my head
I just can't get enough I just can't get enough
All the things you do to me and all the things you say
I just cant get enough i just can't get enough
we slip and slide as we fall in love
and i just cant seem to get enough of
dududududududududududududu
New York City

What about "When I see you New York..." instead of 'City?' We won't shed the intentional tag, but the two syllables fit better than 'Citeh' ;)

Also, a lot of the SG's have tried to avoid using a lot of USMNT/overused chants. I really like this one (c'mon you bhoys), but only if people can sing it in key...

Reactions: nycmade
What about "When I see you New York..." instead of 'City?' We won't shed the intentional tag, but the two syllables fit better than 'Citeh' ;)

Also, a lot of the SG's have tried to avoid using a lot of USMNT/overused chants. I really like this one (c'mon you bhoys), but only if people can sing it in key...

Red Bulls use this song... not sure if they say "Red Bulls" or "New York" but I think it's the latter.

Also the Hey Jude chant for Diskerud.
Red Bulls use this song... not sure if they say "Red Bulls" or "New York" but I think it's the latter.

Doesn't surprise me, this song kicks ass. It's a Celtic song, but there are a few clubs in Europe that sing it regularly as well. Kinda of leaves a bad taste in my mouth knowing the red bulls have it though, meh.

Oh well :(

Maybe we have a few too many slower chants/songs we are already doing, but I kinda just thought about one that would be super easy....to the tune of "Hey, hey, hey, goodbye"

Na-na-na-na, Na-na-na-na
N-Y-C
F-C

Here's an idea for a chant against the opposing keeper. Instead of chanting asshole or something along those lines, we can call out "dupek" (pronounced "doo-peck") which literally means "asshole" in Polish. I think it would add to our language repertoire, won't get anyone ejected from the stadium, and is easy to teach others.

So I was trying to think of some simple NYC chants that reflect our city/culture/musical heritage etc. I know It's hard to do a "rap" chant but what about this one - we just pull the incredibly recognizable first set of lyrics to scenario by trive called quest?

Here we go yo, here we go yo
So what so what so what's the scenario
Here we go yo, here we go yo
So what so what so what's the scenario

I realize it's not that interesting lyrically but it could easily be chanted -

side note I really like chants with the words here we go (see previous chant idea)

Reactions: jguab2