SKC Postmatch

Let us not forget that SKC have scored only THIRTY ONE GOALS THIS SEASON, which is easily the lowest of all playoff teams, and they have a +11 GD which is kinda mind-boggling. Toronto is at 55 right now, we sit at 49.
If not for some brilliant goal keeping by Melia, we should have had at least 3+ goals. Harrison's, the missed Tap in from Okoli/Shelton, and Harrison's rocket volley. With a bit more luck, Maxi could have put his chipped ball on frame too instead of the GK's hand. So I guess that's 4 goals we could have easily scored if the GK wasn't playing lights out.

Let us not forget that SKC have scored only THIRTY ONE GOALS THIS SEASON, which is easily the lowest of all playoff teams, and they have a +11 GD which is kinda mind-boggling. Toronto is at 55 right now, we sit at 49.

SKC is even worse at scoring on the road. But I'm not going to poke holes in a good effort clean sheet by our backup backups.

The craziest thing is we sit second in the league at +14 GD, and Toronto is first with +29.

It's hard to judge Ugo playing in this set up after being spoiled by Villa. Villa is special. Villa plays the striker position as a hybrid. Idk if Ugo is lazy yet or if that's his game.

He's not at all lazy. It continually baffles me how far apart some of the expectation is in relationship to reality. Sean JUST LAST YEAR was the MVP and Golden Boot winner on the best team in USL. Nothing lazy about him. His play style is different. I don't know but I would expect that his instructions are different as well. He had a solid game last night and was really unlucky to not have a brace.

A lot of people seem to think the Okoli is supposed to be a pacy forward like Shelton or Lewis. That's not the type of player that he is. He's a hold up, target man type forward. Just wanted to point that out in case that was a driving force behind him being lazy.
THANK YOU. The only lazy in here are comments about Ugo's performance. Had an incredibly solid game, and a few inches here or there has at least a goal. Truly thought he ate up space, commanded attention and picked his moments when they came to him. Thought he deserved a goal, and he'll get one before the end of the year.

If not for some brilliant goal keeping by Melia, we should have had at least 3+ goals. Harrison's, the missed Tap in from Okoli/Shelton, and Harrison's rocket volley. With a bit more luck, Maxi could have put his chipped ball on frame too instead of the GK's hand. So I guess that's 4 goals we could have easily scored if the GK wasn't playing lights out.

Okoli sent one off the post too.

Reactions: Kjbert
Ulrich Ulrich doesnt rate hitting the post as a good chance because the ball is spherical
I definitely would say its a good chance, but it is a shot that wasn't good enough in the end.

I'm not sure why, but it always bothers me when I hear announcers talk about the goalposts bailing a keeper out or being their friend - when in reality, its just as simple as the shot not being good enough (even if it was pretty good to be that close).

Reactions: Joseph Bianco
I definitely would say its a good chance, but it is a shot that wasn't good enough in the end.

I'm not sure why, but it always bothers me when I hear announcers talk about the goalposts bailing a keeper out or being their friend - when in reality, its just as simple as the shot not being good enough (even if it was pretty good to be that close).

Because it's the equivalent of not swinging at a close pitch with 2 strikes. Protect your goal and anything close to it. In addition, a shot off the post can deflect out to a scoring position, there's no reason not to parry it over the bar or grab it.

Reactions: JGarrettLieb
Many on Twitter had it as Pirlo.

I would vote Maxi.

Might be entertaining to do a regular post match poll.

I thought Pirlo dominated the match last night. I gave him my MOTM. That said, I don't think he is nearly as effective if not for Johnson's ability to distribute around the park on a dime and Okoli's ability to play as an outlet, thus reducing the press on Pirlo.

Reactions: SanBartG
flew solo last night after my guest for the game had to cancel last minute - since they stopped playing the game on the TVs in the stadium, I decided to listen to the WFAN radio broadcast - I felt like one of those old guys at a baseball game

Reactions: Kjbert