Soriano At Blazercon; Nycfc: A Year In Review

You want Soriano to lie and say things are awesome? Is he not right? Isn't our youth setup supposed to remedy the way things are?
Look at Khiry. I love him but he's 23 and his first touch as a professional is awful. He was picked #2 in the college draft. Is that good to you?
Until our academy starts producing players, we can only add in the best talent possible with our international spots.

I think doctor's point is that if CFG thinks the solution to winning MLS is importing "tons" of foreign talent he/we/us are in for a rough or rougher ride.

Did he mention anything about the potential of the NYCFC academy?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I think doctor's point is that if CFG thinks the solution to winning MLS is importing "tons" of foreign talent he/we/us are in for a rough or rougher ride.

What the hell is the NYCFC academy at this point? A loosely connected group of youth teams?

What the hell is the NYCFC academy at this point? A loosely connected group of youth teams?
By this time into creating an academy, Orlando had 2 HGPs. We should have at least one prospect (and I know we do). I want to know if Soriano talked about growing local talent and specifically NYC talent.

Is he talking about "winning" MLS or the quality of the league?
IDK if he mentioned the academy but seeing the steps we're taking plus the personnel we have access to in addition to the area we're in's potential, It's not a reach to assume that once things get going we should be at least at the heels of LAG or FCD in terms of academy. Plus our staff will prioritize balls skills over physical skills from earlier ages so that we shouldn't be subject to 20 yr olds with the first touch of a corpse.

By this time into creating an academy, Orlando had 2 HGPs. We should have at least one prospect (and I know we do). I want to know if Soriano talked about growing local talent and specifically NYC talent.
Like in my previous post idk if he went over that at BlazerCon but he has in the past. Or at least someone in the organization.

Is he talking about "winning" MLS or the quality of the league?
IDK if he mentioned the academy but seeing the steps we're taking plus the personnel we have access to in addition to the area we're in's potential, It's not a reach to assume that once things get going we should be at least at the heels of LAG or FCD in terms of academy. Plus our staff will prioritize balls skills over physical skills from earlier ages so that we shouldn't be subject to 20 yr olds with the first touch of a corpse.
FCD has a fairly extensive academy that stretches across the state of Texas. There's a team with a quality coach from the academy in just about every major city in the state. They also have an actual European style academy in Dalas. I think it's a little more extensive than ours.

However, I don't really know anything about the NYCFC academy or the state that it's in. I only know about Dallas because my friend has 3 of his sons in their academy.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
That kinda what they do now.
NYCFCBlues.com is a much better site than Hudsonriverblue.com. The former is full of objective content and stats backed analysis leading to level-headed conclusion while the latter is full of ill-conclusions backed by nothing but subjective and emotional discharge, devoid of any intellectual quality or logic soundness.

NYCFCBlues.com is a much better site than Hudsonriverblue.com. The former is full of objective content and stats backed analysis leading to level-headed conclusion while the latter is full of ill-conclusions backed by nothing but subjective and emotional discharge, devoid of any intellectual quality or logic soundness.
If this is your criteria for reading content, your ignore list is likely larger than mine. And you may not see this.

I agree wholeheartedly. NYCFCBlues is very good and makes level-headed analysis regarding the team and games, however...... once he (and his cohort Bluecityradio) pushes their view on a particular subject, they wont budge for anything. Right or wrong, they are both part of the Kreis wasn't given a fair shake crowd, and while I haven't listened to the last 3 podcasts, they hadn't budged from the stance. So while I don't always agree with them, they at least always have defensible reasons for their views.

HRB on the other hand is a ton of angry, knee-jerk drivel (from the main editor, not from the posting community who seem to have a ton more insight and reflection on topics). I used to go there hoping it could be a decent forum for NYCFC, like SBNation fansites are for other sports/teams, but it was useless because of the editorial content, and I'd always leave with a headache.

If this is your criteria for reading content, your ignore list is likely larger than mine. And you may not see this.
When something is subjective & emotionally discharged while being amusing, there's merit to it..... when it wastes precious time from your life, nobody cares to be a martyr.... and that's the crux.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...tball-Groups-Ferran-Soriano-at-BlazerCon.html

Apparently the first posting of a full transcript within the public domain. Quite a number of notable quotes and this is one that the NY Post and NY Times in particular should pay attention to. The NY Post in particular as you would expect Murdoch of all people to recognise the growth potential in football. Media outlets like those should be breaking down the doors for "exclusives" now instead of being so short sighted. Being the "first in the door" so to speak could see all kinds of future advantages.

You compare this fan base with the media attention that we get, it doesn't fit. But it will take time. This is, Roger, I think this is unstoppable. UNSTOPPABLE.