Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
It feels so much more homely and, for lack of a better word, heimish. Also, parking was incredibly easy, much easier than Yankee Stadium. Super seamless from the highway into the parking lot. AND THE METAL DETECTORS WENT SO QUICKLY! Excellent production all-around by the stadium staff.

And, like, people smile at you there. It's just such a more pleasant experience from the moment you walk in the stadium until the moment you walk out.

I'd only been to Citi Field once, for our playoff loss a few seasons ago, but sat in row 1 behind the net (along third base line) and it was hard to see everything, that was on me for the seat choice though. This time I drove (as I moved to LI) and it was smooth sailing, easy parking, plentiful parking, quick entrance, and the stadium just feels light years ahead of YS. It has better food & drink choices, the staff was all super friendly, the stadium just felt overall more welcoming. This time my seats were up in 335 and had a great view of the entire pitch, super pleased. I am excited to get to CF for more games, and we actually won!

I also liked the experience at Citi Field better.
  • Food is much better; higher quality; more choices; better service. Downside is the pricing.
  • Beer selection is also better, but still not good enough.
  • Atmosphere is great; easier to hear the supporters.
  • The plaza behind the supporters is terrific. Took the kids there at halftime for dinner and ate at one of the round hi-tops. Met other fans. A great hang.
  • Parking is superior, especially in the atmosphere before the game started. Plenty of room for tailgating & even kicking the ball around. Completely different than the Bronx.
  • Site lines may overall be marginally worse.
    • My original tickets were in 337, which is better than anything at Yankee Stadium. Really terrific. However, also in the shade and wind and was very cold yesterday.
    • So, we moved to 107 next to the Supporters. Great atmosphere, but really hard to see the game without relying on the jumbotron. The seats are set at an angle; the slope of the stands is very gradual, carrying fans away from the pitch; part of the view is obstructed. Fun seats, but hard to see.

• Food is much better; higher quality; more choices; better service. Downside is the pricing.
  • The plaza behind the supporters is terrific. Took the kids there at halftime for dinner and ate at one of the round hi-tops. Met other fans. A great hang.
  • Parking is superior, especially in the atmosphere before the game started. Plenty of room for tailgating & even kicking the ball around. Completely different than the Bronx.
    • My original tickets were in 337, which is better than anything at Yankee Stadium. Really terrific. However, also in the shade and wind and was very cold yesterday.
    • So, we moved to 107 next to the Supporters. Great atmosphere, but really hard to see the game without relying on the jumbotron. The seats are set at an angle; the slope of the stands is very gradual, carrying fans away from the pitch; part of the view is obstructed. Fun seats, but hard to see.
I largely agree. This is mostly to expand:
  • In the shade with the wind it was remarkably cold and unpleasant for a mid-50s temp day.
  • Like Yankee Stadium, seat views are extremely variable. My cold seats had near perfect views as if designed for soccer but other locations as you note are very poor. I was behind the team benches and pitchside fans near midfield.
  • Sound is so much better.
  • When you and I checked parking early last week it definitely stated that it cost $25. They charged $30 and the same page now says $30. That aside, I agree it was a joy to get in, out, and every other which way. Though FWIW getting out after the Columbus game a few years ago was not nearly as easy.
  • When the young lady who took my payment for parking smiled and said "Welcome to Citi Field" I thought for a moment I was not in the Northeast.
  • Beer selection is good enough for me. It's a ballgame not a brewery, but I won't criticize someone who wants more.
  • Agreed about the food quality, selection, and prices. Not that YS is inexpensive but Citi food costs are another level. Accepting for the sake of hypothetical that this choice is unavoidable, I wonder how many fans would prefer YS food (variety and quality) and prices or Citi food with its prices.
  • I just completely prefer the partially open architecture with brick over the enclosed institutional solid gray of Yankee Stadium. It's just a far superior building to walk through or experience.

I say it all the time.

Yankee Stadium was designed and built as a monument to the New York Yankees. A grandiose homage to power and prestige.

Citi Field was designed for a better fan experience. The biggest issue I have with it though, is I think the seating is worse for soccer games than at Yankee Stadium due to the way they angle a lot of their infield seating towards home plate.

Maybe community engagement is lacking because the BX ship has sailed and it's looking like Queens is a better possibility.

Of course, I'm in the camp that this stadium thing is never happening at this point, so who knows.

Reactions: Joe_Cos and Kjbert