• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Is there any possibility of the following situation:
- Since the GAL warehouse location may be small that CFG buys the land and builds a public park (Heritage field) where the old Yankee Stadium stands. They pay for everything.
- CFG builds the stadium at the heritage field site so they have enough space for everything.
If we want to build a stadium, it's going to be MUCH easier if it has absolutely no impact on parkland, even if it's simply a relocation.

When the fuck did this happen? I want to do some digging into government documents. To the Department of Buildings!

This is a great post. Both honest and hysterical.

You just know that if this was happening in Europe, someone would be stalking the Building Department looking for paperwork that has been filed.

This is a great post. Both honest and hysterical.

You just know that if this was happening in Europe, someone would be stalking the Building Department looking for paperwork that has been filed.
Just checked, no property transfer has been recorded re: the GAL Manufacturing site.

FWIW: my understanding is that the street wild be closed so I assume that overpass which would be on the southwestern corner of the proposed site would be demolished or moved to meet River Avenue instead.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is from the NY times today

Related and Sterling Equities were not opposed to accelerating the construction of affordable housing. The developers recently proposed allowing a professional soccer club — New York City F.C. — that has been looking for a permanent home to build a soccer stadium next to Citi Field in return for a housing fund.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/20/n...n-court-for-complex-near-citi-field.html?_r=0

This is from the NY times today

Related and Sterling Equities were not opposed to accelerating the construction of affordable housing. The developers recently proposed allowing a professional soccer club — New York City F.C. — that has been looking for a permanent home to build a soccer stadium next to Citi Field in return for a housing fund.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/20/n...n-court-for-complex-near-citi-field.html?_r=0

If you use the Manchester project as the example (and if you follow CFG, they have one blueprint and they execute on it), this makes total sense.

The Wilpons are fucking broke. They still want to develop this land. To get it done, they need to invest a ton of money that they don't have. In order to get mayoral approval, there needs to be public housing.

The Wilpons wanted to build a mall here and some public housing to appease the mayor's office. Instead, they get to build a smaller piece of commercial real estate in tandem with CFG. NYCFC gets their stadium and builds the public housing.

This is a perfect scenario for us.

The Wilpons can't afford to build the affordable housing. They are in debt up to their eyeballs.

My question would be for Man City folks on this board - when CFG did their redevelopment in Manchester, did they become landlords too? Or did they build affordable housing and turn it over to the city?

If you use the Manchester project as the example (and if you follow CFG, they have one blueprint and they execute on it), this makes total sense.

The Wilpons are fucking broke. They still want to develop this land. To get it done, they need to invest a ton of money that they don't have. In order to get mayoral approval, there needs to be public housing.

The Wilpons wanted to build a mall here and some public housing to appease the mayor's office. Instead, they get to build a smaller piece of commercial real estate in tandem with CFG. NYCFC gets their stadium and builds the public housing.

This is a perfect scenario for us.

is the place ideal? my issue is the 7 train sucks big time on weekends and at least near bronx there are three trains i can take to get there. not saying the bronx is what i want but there is only 1 subway line and i think LIRR and the 7 train works half the time

is the place ideal? my issue is the 7 train sucks big time on weekends and at least near bronx there are three trains i can take to get there. not saying the bronx is what i want but there is only 1 subway line and i think LIRR and the 7 train works half the time
As someone who lived on the 7 line for over 20 years I'll say this:

The 7 train is TERRIBLE. Except for when the Mets play or the U.S. Open is in session.

The city pulls out all the stops, trains run constantly and all maintenance work is scheduled around those events.

As someone who used it to commute it was infuriating. As a prospective user on game days, it's just as good as any other train, if not better.

Reactions: Kjbert
The team's MO has been to keep all matters, small or big, close to the vest. I doubt they are feeding their sales staff a teaser several weeks in advance about a significant stadium announcement.

The problem, for me, isn't really the 7. They can work around it. I think there are issues with folks from Westchester County and north, people in the Bronx, and many people in Manhattan. I don't know Brooklyn well, so maybe someone else can talk about that.

The best part about Yankee Stadium is how accessible it is from literally any direction, is accessible from both sides of Manhattan and has 4 separate trains that run there. That means that fans have 4 different modes of public transportation to get to the game, not including buses. Cutting that by 75% is going to stink, no matter how well the 7 runs. Everyone will be rushing to the concourse for the same train. Unless we get some bus shuttles from different parts of the city, I can see it being too hectic.

Engineering considerations aside, one reason I love the Pier 40 option is because of its accessibility via public transportation. It's not as accessible as Barclays Center, but it's a central location and pretty much everyone has to travel to get there.

As far as Brooklyn is concerned, it's the option I voted for but the reality is there's no vacant area large enough to hold a stadium that isn't parkland or cemeteries. I'm fairly confident no fan of NYCFC wants its stadium built on a cemetery.

FWIW: my understanding is that the street wild be closed so I assume that overpass which would be on the southwestern corner of the proposed site would be demolished or moved to meet River Avenue instead.

Does this refer to the railroad overpass? If so, it would need to be moved because the Metro-North station there would be needed.