Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Hehe, I think having not had your coffee this morning, you missed my dig thrown at the team.

(You're an A+ source & I don't throw shade at you or your info)
100% missed that, but even still, if I can provide proof there's no reason not to.

Reactions: Ulrich
I'm getting my Civil Engineering Degree in 2/3 years. Just in time to start designing the stadium ;)
civil engineering, schmivil schmenginerring. Stadiums are built by lobbyist. Now I am too far past college to do anything about it, but we need YOU (insert uncle sam photo) to get into political science. So if you could switch majors today that'd be grrraeat (insert office space meme)

Reactions: Dreaming_NYC
We need a ground game. We've been stuck with pols at the local level. Edelman is a big hitter but not a guy that operates at ground level which is where we need some attention.

Generally speaking, MLS has not had great luck navigating the political landscape or reading the proverbial tea-leaves. Unforced errors are hurting not only NYCFC but MLS in general.

This needs to be a far more coordinated effort with someone who's only function is manage these issues and knows how and when to engage someone like Edelman.

Reactions: Kjbert
We need a ground game. We've been stuck with pols at the local level. Edelman is a big hitter but not a guy that operates at ground level which is where we need some attention.

Generally speaking, MLS has not had great luck navigating the political landscape or reading the proverbial tea-leaves. Unforced errors are hurting not only NYCFC but MLS in general.

This needs to be a far more coordinated effort with someone who's only function is manage these issues and knows how and when to engage someone like Edelman.

I think you are underestimating the front office's effort. They are professionals and I believe know what they are doing. This takes time. A long time. We're not asking to build affordable housing. We're asking to build a stadium that a lot of people don't see as the first priority of land use in this city.

Agreed and we don't know all they do, but negative comments in papers by local pols is still avoidable. Like I said, this seems to be systemic with MLS and not at all specific to NYCFC. I'm not bemoaning their effort or intent. It's just an observation about the pattern that seems to be emerging.

I think you are underestimating the front office's effort. They are professionals and I believe know what they are doing.

With an opaque process, occasional rumors of failed attempts, and the FO's vague assurances that, Really, guys, we're working hard on this and we're making good progress... How is this any different from Miami? And with the news this week, they just might have a stadium before we do.

At what point do we accept that this club just isn't as ambitious as they'd have us believe?

(Grumble, grumble. True, some on-field spark would help my outlook more than is really rational.)

With an opaque process, occasional rumors of failed attempts, and the FO's vague assurances that, Really, guys, we're working hard on this and we're making good progress... How is this any different from Miami? And with the news this week, they just might have a stadium before we do.

At what point do we accept that this club just isn't as ambitious as they'd have us believe?

(Grumble, grumble. True, some on-field spark would help my outlook more than is really rational.)

There you go.... Which stadium gets built first? Ours or Miami's?

Reactions: Kjbert

Miami... but to be fair, building in NYC is much much harder and more costly.

Just looking at the finances every single club wants to be in its own stadium. Over the long term its just so much more viable, you get all of the money from food/booze/seats instead of some to none of it. You're also not beholden to the primary occupants needs and can schedule games when you think the return would be best.

The club wants to build a stadium, desperately. The club does not want to build a stadium that becomes a financial albatross to the team, the current demand for NYCFC to pay off the Yankee stadium parking debt in order to use the spot would cause the stadium to be a financial albatross. Your talking about paying $237mm to have the privilege to break ground, that's spending stupid money.

Would you rather not have a stadium and 3 DP's or have a stadium and no DP's for the next 15 years?

Its always really easy to spend other people's money, but its not so easy to spend your own. Think about it like this, if I had the money would I piss it away for zero possible net gain?

There you go.... Which stadium gets built first? Ours or Miami's?

Miami's stadium is a prerequisite for league entrance.

If Miami FC = exist then Miami FC stadium = under construction, else = exist.

Thus the question is when does Miami FC enter the league, if their bid is accepted before we break ground then their stadium will be constructed first, otherwise our stadium will be constructed first.

If deblasio is reelected then our changes remain where they currently are, at approx 0%. If the challenger can defeat deblasio the chance of a stadium will likely rise. Also consider the fact that the Miami bid, in its Beckham form, is running out of time.

So I'd say, given the above, that Miami FC will have a stadium before NYCFC. Because Beckham is running out of time and he must have a stadium in order for the team to exist.

Also you may not remember but we had a stadium deal mostly done, which is why CFG got a special dispensation to play in YS for a few years, before deblasio's election.

Would you rather not have a stadium and 3 DP's or have a stadium and no DP's for the next 15 years?

stadium and no DPs hands down. Build through the academy and a smart front office. Make the stadium the best in NY and have quasi-DPs taking discounts to come here.

Secret photo smuggled out of CFC HQ depicting..... Etihad Island Stadium.
C-iH_TXW0AAQBKR.jpg