Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Who the hell wants healthy food at the stadium? I want the unhealthy stuff, but high quality. I don't want to pay $12 for a burger that's half soybean filler.
Were you the kid that couldn't read between the lines when your friend held up three fingers?

There's a difference between a burger bought from Nathan's (frozen meat disc) and one bought at ShakeShack (locally sourced & fresh).

https://www.greenbiz.com/article/shake-shacks-supply-chain-guru-sourcing-better-burgers

Reactions: Kjbert
Who the hell wants healthy food at the stadium? I want the unhealthy stuff, but high quality. I don't want to pay $12 for a burger that's half soybean filler.

Exactly. I get that I am going to be raked over the coals at the ballpark. Go ahead and charge me $12 for a burger, but for god's sake, please meet me 1/20th of the way and spend an extra $0.50 on good ingredients.

The MLS stadium for NYC Soccer Club 2 was never shovel ready. Shovel ready means you own the property, have all the permits, have government approval and have a design.

Reactions: Paul and adam
The MLS stadium for NYC Soccer Club 2 was never shovel ready. Shovel ready means you own the property, have all the permits, have government approval and have a design.
All true, but if BDB didn't fck over the construction backing Bloomberg set in motion, NYCFC would be in the ground by now - maybe not finished, but we'd have something definitive to gawk at while being finished.

All true, but if BDB didn't fck over the construction backing Bloomberg set in motion, NYCFC would be in the ground by now - maybe not finished, but we'd have something definitive to gawk at while being finished.

That's fair. I think there was definite momentum, but I wouldn't underrate the role the Wilpons played in all of this. They wanted to build a mall. They would have fought us in court until they eventually lost (which is what the City or State did with them until the Wilpons lost their bid several weeks ago).

Point being, I still think we wouldn't be shovel ready. That site was always going to be tied up in litigation with the Wilpons. We may have been further along, but we still wouldn't be shovel ready.

That's fair. I think there was definite momentum, but I wouldn't underrate the role the Wilpons played in all of this. They wanted to build a mall. They would have fought us in court until they eventually lost (which is what the City or State did with them until the Wilpons lost their bid several weeks ago).

Point being, I still think we wouldn't be shovel ready. That site was always going to be tied up in litigation with the Wilpons. We may have been further along, but we still wouldn't be shovel ready.
All true

Agreed. Fair to say the ticket prices are too high. Arguably wrong, but fair (also arguably right -- I think we lack sufficient info to judge). And that Yankee exec's remarks were graceless and stupid, but let it go. Finally, it's not like the Knicks or Giants make it easy for people of modest means to sit courtside or behind the Giants bench. It's just how it is.

We agree in principle on most counts then.

I think you may have gotten my arguments slightly confused with SanBartG SanBartG because I made no mention of the Yankee exec's remarks. Which were utterly brain dead from a marketing perspective, and frankly shouldn't be made by anyone who's managed to make it that high up in a several $100mm yearly revenue operation. Its pure bad business.

WRT the Knicks and the Giants I agree in principle, but not necessarily with respect to the specific example of this year's Yankees. It is my, mostly unsubstantiated, belief that the Yankees have raised their prices above the market equilibrium and are suffering in profitability for that decision. I base this belief off of the news that suites are empty and that the lower decks look deserted, showing that the financial engine of the Yankees organization, wealthy ticket-holders and corporate marketing expense budgets, are being squeezed out of the market by poor ticket pricing decisions on the part of the Yankees.

Long story short, I suspect they would increase revenue and probably profit margin if they decreased ticket prices. Pricing out b2b customers shows that your firm is probably trying to set a higher price than the market will bear.

I hope NYCFC doesn't raise prices too much when the new stadium comes. $30 to sit behind the goal on the 200 level is good value for the seat quality. $40 to sit on the sideline in the 200 level is also about right. But if they go much higher than that I'll cut back my attendance just like I've cut back on my Yankees attendance.

According to his Twitter bio he's a die hard NYCFC supporter. Is this an inside job?!?!?!
The club follows him on twitter to
7drHiqr

Random, unexpected news today - the Councilwoman who represents Willet's Point announced she won't be running for reelection. Does this matter to us at all? Well, there's a very good chance that (Edit: current Assemblyman Francisco Moya - see his 2013 MLS to Queens op-ed) is the guy who will replace her:

And he's officially declared:

Since that district covers the entirety of Willet's Point, there's a lot of space that the club could try to make a deal with him and the City Council on - and as an avowed supporter of the original Flushing Meadows plan and the team itself, he'd be almost certainly happy to oblige.

And he's officially declared:

Since that district covers the entirety of Willet's Point, there's a lot of space that the club could try to make a deal with him and the City Council on - and as an avowed supporter of the original Flushing Meadows plan and the team itself, he'd be almost certainly happy to oblige.

I'm assuming for the moment he's running unopposed? If so, somebody in the front office should call him asap.