Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The very name "New York City FC" would be a lie, and would immediately cause most of us to revolt. It's not happening. We're not the NJ Red Bulls

Reactions: Ulrich
I'd nail the "Guess the Attendance" thread every week if it was there then....... "1"

definitely not true... unlike some of you id follow the team basically anywhere they go. im sure theres others out there like me. Yankee stadium isnt the most convenient thing in the world for me and i still go. It costs me more money in parking and tolls than it does for my actual ticket to watch the game.

definitely not true... unlike some of you id follow the team basically anywhere they go. im sure theres others out there like me. Yankee stadium isnt the most convenient thing in the world for me and i still go. It costs me more money in parking and tolls than it does for my actual ticket to watch the game.
You are definitely in a minority according to this thread, which unfortunately is all the "scientific" data that we have to go on here... And as far a inconvenience?? I drive to the games from Albany sooo.............

Reactions: LostAnvil
You are definitely in a minority according to this thread, which unfortunately is all the "scientific" data that we have to go on here... And as far a inconvenience?? I drive to the games from Albany sooo.............

the "unlike some of you" wasnt really a dig... some of the comments here literally said they wouldnt go anymore if they were in specific locations whereas i would.

Props to you for driving from Albany. Thats a hell of a commute.

the "unlike some of you" wasnt really a dig... some of the comments here literally said they wouldnt go anymore if they were in specific locations whereas i would.

Props to you for driving from Albany. Thats a hell of a commute.
I will say this.... After playing now in NYC proper (albeit) not in a perfect venue, I think most people would have a hard time embracing locations such as Belmont. If they had never played in NYC and started in Belmont the reactions might be different.

I will say this.... After playing now in NYC proper (albeit) not in a perfect venue, I think most people would have a hard time embracing locations such as Belmont. If they had never played in NYC and started in Belmont the reactions might be different.

so you are saying is the cosmos got belmont they would have been successful? and gotten to MLS

Reactions: Kjbert
so you are saying is the cosmos got belmont they would have been successful? and gotten to MLS
Absolutey not. Only talking about "our" fanbase with a brand new team having never played anywhere before. A regurgitated Cosmos team will have/had issues regarding fan support before they even started.

Absolutey not. Only talking about "our" fanbase with a brand new team having never played anywhere before. A regurgitated Cosmos team will have/had issues regarding fan support before they even started.

thing is that if we started in belmont...nycfc would not have this "fanbase" at least i dont think. there would be people but not the same interest as now.

And I'm not even saying NYCFC would have been successful if they started in Belmont. All I am saying that our reactions to the potential stadium locations are being looked at through the lenses of playing out current location.

Yeah, for me it has nothing to do with how difficult it would be for me to get there. If they take this team, New York City Football Club, one they have marketed as for this city, and put it outside of the city, I will not go.

If I move out of the city for some reason which required commutes such as yourself and others here to make it back to the city for a game, I'd do it. I love this team and hands down would make it happen.

Its not about the commute time, its about principle and what this team was founded for and is supposed to represent.

Yeah, for me it has nothing to do with how difficult it would be for me to get there. If they take this team, New York City Football Club, one they have marketed as for this city, and put it outside of the city, I will not go.

If I move out of the city for some reason which required commutes such as yourself and others here to make it back to the city for a game, I'd do it. I love this team and hands down would make it happen.

Its not about the commute time, its about principle and what this team was founded for and is supposed to represent.

if it makes u feel any better there is a significant portion of Belmont (likely where the stadium would go) thats physically located in Queens.

The Bronx site would have been perfect, maybe that can open again when BDB is out office.

Other than that, Willets (red tape and moving parts make it a nightmare) or that stealth FreshDirect site are the only other things I could see, unless you wait 10+ years for Sunnyside.

Get used to Yankee Stadium, folks.

i initially said 10 years in YS.....so it may be a little more than that

Reactions: Kjbert
Yup, that's me! 17 beers!

I can't take credit for the 17 beers though as that's purely the work of mgarbowski mgarbowski since that's one of the universal default numbers. And actually I'm rather a cheap date as I can't really drink all that much. I enjoy one of whatever it is but I'm not likely to want two of them, although that depends, of course.
the 22 ounce beers count as doubles.. so its really like 9 beers at 15 each... Adam , way to add no-add

Reactions: adam and Kjbert