Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Tapped the Mayoral debate. Finally watched it. All throughout all I could think about was how de Blasio fucked us. Pig.

Well, temp stadium anyway. Just saw this at MLS dot com:

I'm with the majority who believe it's only a matter of time before they name Yankee Stadium as the temp venue. I might be in the minority on this one, but I also believe Citi Field would be available if any sort of conflict comes up that would keep the team out of the Bronx.

Of course it's only my 2 cents worth(less), but the Mets/Yankees thing a lot of people chirp about is overblown. If and when the Mets are offered a piece of the action, the Wilpons will welcome NYCFC with open arms.

Here's a link to the rest of the article for those who are interested: http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...fc-stadium-announcement-expected-within-month

First post in the thread (emphasis added).

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Hey, any new city will support a new winning club. Let's see three years of not making the playoffs and see the attendance numbers. Obviously, the spending of Arthur Blank will not likely mean a drop from the playoffs but it's still something to think about.

And if they could have somehow installed grass instead of or in addition to turf, it would have been a great venue to US Soccer.

They have 35k season ticket holders. In 3 years or 5 years - winning or not they will still be averaging 30k fans per match (worst case scenario) which makes them Top 2 or 3 in the league. Also, AUFC is getting 30% of their support is coming from outside the state.

Reactions: Kjbert and Fake Jew
Every now and then I click on the wrong link and get taken to that instead of the first unread and it’s amazing how little changed.
Let's face it. We are never getting a stadium in NYC. Never. This thread is crazy. People speak with made up opinion as fact. I still love the team and the fans, but we are never ever getting one.

Can this be FOIL'd?
It can be googled:

C. Site Plan and Architectural Design Each Proposal must contain the following: • A summary of the proposed building program with square footages for each use. • At a minimum, a set of concept sketches on 8.5” x 11” paper, showing the proposed Project and a set of schematic renderings of the proposed Project showing the principal elevations and massing, floor plans for each use, streetscape and landscape plans, entry feature and signage. • A description of the proposed exterior materials and other relevant specifications. • A description of sustainable building practices that will be incorporated into the Project during construction/renovation and operation of the improvements.

It can be googled:

C. Site Plan and Architectural Design Each Proposal must contain the following: • A summary of the proposed building program with square footages for each use. • At a minimum, a set of concept sketches on 8.5” x 11” paper, showing the proposed Project and a set of schematic renderings of the proposed Project showing the principal elevations and massing, floor plans for each use, streetscape and landscape plans, entry feature and signage. • A description of the proposed exterior materials and other relevant specifications. • A description of sustainable building practices that will be incorporated into the Project during construction/renovation and operation of the improvements.

Okay. A link to what they submitted?

Reactions: Kjbert