Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Looking forwards to reading detailed reports on Citi Field.

Only thing I noticed was the seats behind the left on tv goal seemed to be angled very weirdly.
I was angled toward the mound in 107. But I loved it. They had some of the issues Yankees had when we first started with long lines getting in and long lines for food. But the view was better. Staff is nicer. And food is better. Subways ran express on the way home.

I was in 128. I normally like to sit midfield. But went behind the net for a change. And was right next to the pitch. I'd rather we played in Citi over YS. Enjoyed the commute, the tailgate and the atmosphere. And I got to have Villa celebrate in my face!

I wasn’t there, but just looking at the layout, Citi Field seems to be a lot better for us for hosting soccer matches than Yankee stadium. The way the seats are aligned and laid out just seemed to work a bit better. Also, I like citi field as a whole more than Yankee stadium, mostly because of the food options.

And of course, being in citi Field means we can call it City Field (brought to you by Etihad Airways) on matchdays. Obvious, really.

I was in 123 behind the goal, having picked row 9 thinking it was high enough to get a good view of the other goal, was a little dissapointed that there was hardly any grade to seats and we were pretty much field level and was hard to see the near corner flag and the far end of the pitch

Yea
I was in 123 behind the goal, having picked row 9 thinking it was high enough to get a good view of the other goal, was a little dissapointed that there was hardly any grade to seats and we were pretty much field level and was hard to see the near corner flag and the far end of the pitch
Yea I spent this past season in the 100 level for the first time, quickly moved back to the 200 for next year. It's cool to be close, but watching the game is ideal from the 200's (unless you got pitchside and can pick up on all the sideline activity), not sure how Citi field would be.

Yea

Yea I spent this past season in the 100 level for the first time, quickly moved back to the 200 for next year. It's cool to be close, but watching the game is ideal from the 200's (unless you got pitchside and can pick up on all the sideline activity), not sure how Citi field would be.
Before switching to midfield seating for next year, my seats were 100 level behind the goal (section 114). I found you need to be at least 15 rows up to get that perspective on the other side of the field, but it is a really cool perspective imo. I’d recommend.

Reactions: Kjbert
After my first visit to Citi Field, I can't help but think that Yankee Stadium and its amenities are an embarrassment. The food is terrible. The concourses entirely lack charm. I can't believe the Yankees can be satisfied with such a second rate venue.

What do you expect from an amusement park rather than a sports venue?

Reactions: Kjbert
After my first visit to Citi Field, I can't help but think that Yankee Stadium and its amenities are an embarrassment. The food is terrible. The concourses entirely lack charm. I can't believe the Yankees can be satisfied with such a second rate venue.
Yup Citi Field seems to be sleeker, cleaner, and more classic. An upper class venue that serves better food, vs the messier venue that dumps chicken fingers in a bucket and throws it at you.

It seems like the Yankees focus a lot more on their legends clubs and suites, and don’t give a fuck about the rest of the stadium. The Mets try to do it all.

What do you expect from an amusement park rather than a sports venue?
I’ve been to several ballparks and most of them are like citi Field. Minute Maid Park in Houston, Camden Yards in Baltimore, Suntrust Park in Atlanta, and the Globe Life Park in Texas are very similar to Citi Field in terms of amenities, feel, and overall standards. Fenway and Wrigley have that epic historical feel so they are different than any of these. Yankee stadium just feels unfinished, and they seem to get cafeteria food and feel that it’s enough for their fans, cause it’s the Yankees and who cares about any fan who pays less than $1000 a ticket.

Had a great time. Like many here, I'd much rather go to Citi than YS. Felt far more intimate and the atmosphere was much more "responsive" - sometimes getting Yankee Stadium lit feels like a gargantuan task, whereas Citifield seemed to carry around more readily. It felt more like a home game at Citi than it's ever really felt like at Yankee. I've never been to Providence Park but from what I've seen on TV there is a similar intimacy and charm.

I also really enjoy the scenery on the ride on the 7. I'd be very happy to have the stadium out there.

Am I crazy to think there were more fans closer to the pitch because of the layout? At Yankee stadium, everyone from the 1st Base Dugout until the LF foul pole is incredibly far from the field.
Yup - if you look at the two seating charts you can see right away that the orientation at Citi Field means closer seating to the pitch. Citi Field is also a more intimate park to begin with.

https://www.nycfc.com/oct22-map
https://www.nycfc.com/tickets/pricing

Yup Citi Field seems to be sleeker, cleaner, and more classic. An upper class venue that serves better food, vs the messier venue that dumps chicken fingers in a bucket and throws it at you.

It seems like the Yankees focus a lot more on their legends clubs and suites, and don’t give a fuck about the rest of the stadium. The Mets try to do it all.

I disagree with the sleeker and cleaner look for Citi Field vs. Yankee Stadium. As mentioned previously, Citi Field looks like a classic Americana ballpark with a brick like finish. Yankee Stadium looks like a baseball stadium in the 22nd century with lots of shades of grey and blue. Hell, even the fonts used around the stadium are more classic with the Mets and more modern/postmodern with the Yankees.

I think that Yankee Stadium and Citi Field do equally with the premium locations if you count all the premium location. But Yankee Stadium premium locations are better than Citi Field. You can't beat the Legends experience (maybe only what the Dodgers do is equal in baseball).

But it's just a question of hospitality provider. Throw the food and drink offerings that Citi Field has at Yankee Stadium and we'd only be talking about architecture.

You can see Yankee Stadium in MoMA while Citi Field would be in the Natural History Museum.

I disagree with the sleeker and cleaner look for Citi Field vs. Yankee Stadium. As mentioned previously, Citi Field looks like a classic Americana ballpark with a brick like finish. Yankee Stadium looks like a baseball stadium in the 22nd century with lots of shades of grey and blue. Hell, even the fonts used around the stadium are more classic with the Mets and more modern/postmodern with the Yankees.

I think that Yankee Stadium and Citi Field do equally with the premium locations if you count all the premium location. But Yankee Stadium premium locations are better than Citi Field. You can't beat the Legends experience (maybe only what the Dodgers do is equal in baseball).

But it's just a question of hospitality provider. Throw the food and drink offerings that Citi Field has at Yankee Stadium and we'd only be talking about architecture.

You can see Yankee Stadium in MoMA while Citi Field would be in the Natural History Museum.
I don’t disagree with this, and I’ve never had the good fortune of being in Legends (I have no doubt it’d be awesome).

When it comes to colors and layouts, I think the overabundance of gray with the drab concrete is what ruins it for me. The blue is cool, but the concourses suffer from the exposed concrete, like we’re in a factory. The only ballpark I’ve seen use this much exposed concrete is Rogers Centre in Toronto, and that is also equally revolting while also trying to be “modern” and “futuristic”. It’s a really crap ballpark, and Yankee stadium approaches that in this instance. It’s like being in a prison.

The other obvious part of this is the food, which has already been mentioned. The Mets look like they have deals with local vendors/restaurants in addition to regular ballpark fare (most likely from Aramark or Sodexo, the same companies that provide food to prisons, schools, and other stadiums), whereas the Yankees pretty much only have food from Aramark/Sodexo.