Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Before anybody condemns the angst directed at the Village Voice (wait, too late for that), let’s not forget that we have no idea what the other three proposals are offering for the site. Evidently somebody “connected” (who is known by NYCFCfan ) has insinuated that NYCFC was in the driver’s seat with a 50-75% chance of winning. That wouldn’t be because the Club had the worst proposal that screwed everybody the most, that’d be because the other three proposals either weren’t offering up as much $$$ and/or weren’t providing the community with as many amenities and/or were asking for more public infrastructure help. Evidently, the straw poll from those with the power were keen on the package Related/NYCFC/SP put forth. Is it the best of the worst in regard to billionaire entities.... perhaps? But that site WILL NEVER be developed without billionaire developers doing the heavy lifting - it’s an industrial site over train tracks - without the private money, it’ll just always be a blight in the neighborhood and the City still won’t get any extra tax revenue. I for one would always prefer a developed plot of land that can be enjoyed by the masses over a derelict industrial site - and I won’t lose any sleep if Related/NYCFC/SP makes some money while they’re at it.

I'm not sufficiently well-versed in the real estate finance game to know how valid the Village Voice criticism is. But can we not be the guys who dismiss any critique of the stadium plan just because we want it to happen that badly?

There's a difference between supporting the team and supporting the ownership, and it doesn't mean I want this stadium to come off any less. We all live in this city, and while it deserves a world-class stadium, it also deserves to not get fucked over by yet another multi-billionaire in the process.
The village voice piece has already been discredited as using faulty math and a gross misunderstanding of economics. If it were a legitimate piece done by a professional who knew anything about what they were talking about, it would be taken seriously. Alas, it was not, so it has already been described for what it is, a poor piece of libtard journalism.

I reached out and confirmed. Just to make sure he wasn’t trolling Nick. Sounds legit.
Gee Boss Thanks for not acknowledging me you think you be greatful we don't talk as much . Must piss you off and shock you that I'm still in ?? I sure am very Much NYCFC and not apologizing to no one !!

Reactions: 413Blue
This makes me happy :)

If realized, I prefer this location for the club over Queens (Queens is closer to me personally) and think it would be the smart move assuming negotiating terms are in the same "ballpark".

1. We have a relative idea of the existing fan base already in the Bronx and would be less risk then to take that base and move them.

2. Maybe it's just me, but the air traffic noise at the Citi match was very noticeable and was annoying. I remember distinctly thinking to myself I don't want to get "used" to it and if we have the option for Bronx would prefer that, just for the noise haha.

Last edited:
Are we going to have a Pirlo statue? Oh wait, he already was one on the Pitch!

Are we going to have a Lampard statue? Yes, but it won’t be installed till 2032.

Are we going to have a Mix statue? Yes, but it will be hidden in the basement.

Are we going to have a PV statue? Yes, and you’ll be really quite pleased with it.

Are we going to have a Jlew statue? Yes, it will look great the first year it is displayed. Then it will disappear.

I can go all night...

Okay, so the hype is starting to wear off as reality that RFP bids haven't even been put in for the site. We're up against 3 other bids and it appears we're still months away from hearing anything official from the team. We don't know who shared the rendering with YIMBY or the motivation of whoever leaked them. In the long run, BdB could just screw us over. Until we hear something from Patricof I'm just going to assume it's not happening.

Remember when we filled 20 pages with that stadium straddling Newtown Creek only to find out that it was something from the trash heap?

I also sort of doubt there is the non-NYCFC financing for this project (or should I say no one is going to put up 700 million for it free and clear). I hadn't realized Somerset had sold the land to their development to Brookfield, but they did at the start of this month for $165 million (they are still involved in the construction, but don't own the land anymore). Apparently they were having trouble getting the $500 million in financing needed to build it as the other new market rate buildings in the area have high vacancies.

As an aside, I'm guessing Brookfield who Somerset sold to are also one of the 3 other potential bidders as they had three reps at the site tour (the other two big developers that were at the site visit in addition to Brookfield and Somerset were Omni which specializes in affordable housing and Silverstein).

Point being, the 100-200 million dollars needed to make the site viable is a big chunk of change for any project and at the end of the day I sort of doubt the outside financing is in fact there for anything else. Plus, you have 2 of what I would be presumed 4 bids wanting this to be a destination to increase the viability of their other project. The ESD may choose all affordable housing, but getting the financing for that may be problematic. Turning down $700 million with what NYCFC is including is going to be very, very hard to turn down.

http://www.welcome2thebronx.com/201...-highest-sale-development-site-bronx-history/

What was I supposed to acknowledge about that?

giphy.gif

Are we going to have a Pirlo statue? Oh wait, he already was one on the Pitch!

Are we going to have a Lampard statue? Yes, but it won’t be installed till 2032.

Are we going to have a Mix statue? Yes, but it will be hidden in the basement.

Are we going to have a PV statue? Yes, and you’ll be really quite pleased with it.

Are we going to have a Jlew statue? Yes, it will look great the first year it is displayed. Then it will disappear.

I can go all night...

Are we going to have an Angeliño statue? Yes, and it'll be nice.

The village voice piece has already been discredited as using faulty math and a gross misunderstanding of economics. If it were a legitimate piece done by a professional who knew anything about what they were talking about, it would be taken seriously. Alas, it was not, so it has already been described for what it is, a poor piece of libtard journalism.

I mean....the guy who wrote the piece appears to have been writing about sport business for at least the last 17 years. So even if our own back-of-the-envelope calculations don't match up with his, I think he probably knows what he's talking about to some extent. I know criticizing the media is so hot right now, but the mentality that any criticism of this project is a "libtard" (hey, cool insult!) plot seems kind of lame to me.

Okay, so the hype is starting to wear off as reality that RFP bids haven't even been put in for the site. We're up against 3 other bids and it appears we're still months away from hearing anything official from the team. We don't know who shared the rendering with YIMBY or the motivation of whoever leaked them. In the long run, BdB could just screw us over. Until we hear something from Patricof I'm just going to assume it's not happening.

Remember when we filled 20 pages with that stadium straddling Newtown Creek only to find out that it was something from the trash heap?
I’m guessing it was Somerset who leaked it since obtaining financing for their other site gets a whole lot easier if HFY site has an attraction as the anchor. Now that this is out there, it’s much harder for the ESD to drag this along.

I’m guessing it was Somerset who leaked it since obtaining financing for their other site gets a whole lot easier if HFY site has an attraction as the anchor. Now that this is out there, it’s much harder for the ESD to drag this along.
As long as the Kosmos don’t magically appear as an anchor tenant for another bid (not that a Div4 team would drop $700M but he is a bit reckless and spiteful as of late).

Reactions: adam
Which, inadvertently helps our cause. Keep the heat on the FO/CFG to get this ironed out. They really can’t afford too many blunders going forward now. If this is even in the realm of a possibility? All hands on deck and win the fuckin bid.

I mean....the guy who wrote the piece appears to have been writing about sport business for at least the last 17 years. So even if our own back-of-the-envelope calculations don't match up with his, I think he probably knows what he's talking about to some extent. I know criticizing the media is so hot right now, but the mentality that any criticism of this project is a "libtard" (hey, cool insult!) plot seems kind of lame to me.

The guy is clueless. Anyone with an even modest understanding of economics and/or real estate can see immediately through the holes in his argu..., ahem... journalism. He clearly has an axe to grind- public financing of private sports enterprises. Fine- but if you report on these matters you still need facts to support your story and he relies on haphazard glossed over pop-truisms and tries to pass them off as accepted facts. He’s either an idiot or intellectually dishonest. Take your pick.

A lot of journalists write about things for a very long time. Don’t be fooled into thinking they actually know anything they write about.