Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
A stadium near Citi Field is ok by anyone in Westchester or Fairfield County. You need parking. But it is entirely accessible for us. From White Plains on a good day - it's 25 minutes.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I also think we're discounting the importance of having training grounds in the city too. The knicks often suffer because their training grounds are north of the city. The players faction into two camps: the young guys looking for the life of the city, and the family guys that live upstate or elsewhere away from all the noise but near the training grounds. Days they practice and have a game there is a huge commute as well. CFG have it right by emphasizing the need for your grounds to be next to your stadium. It simplifies the lifestyle our players will have, enables the players to have more of a routine, and promotes more unity. I know its crazy hard to do in this city, but its so important.

Reactions: Paul
I'm looking at a map right now. How would everyone feel if the Stadium was 1/2 in Riverdale (North Bronx) and 1/2 in Yonkers? Right on the border is the College of Mount St. Vincent. It is within walking distance of the Metro-North stops in Riverdale and Ludlow (first stop in Yonkers). Even just south of Mount St. Vincent there is open land and a Judaica Museum. I can't see the Judaica Museum happily selling to CFG. It's right on the Hudson River. That's open land to build on. There are some facilities already there.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=coll...Y5IGwCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&output=classic&dg=brw

I'm looking at a map right now. How would everyone feel if the Stadium was 1/2 in Riverdale (North Bronx) and 1/2 in Yonkers? Right on the border is the College of Mount St. Vincent. It is within walking distance of the Metro-North stops in Riverdale and Ludlow (first stop in Yonkers). Even just south of Mount St. Vincent there is open land and a Judaica Museum. I can't see the Judaica Museum happily selling to CFG. It's right on the Hudson River. That's open land to build on. There are some facilities already there.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=college of mount saint vincent&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=wWT7VJD0HreBsQTY5IGwCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&output=classic&dg=brw
Looks good, but primary issue for that would be the community not liking a stadium right there. But that

In other words what do you guys think of Van Cortlandt Park or even Indoor Hill Park, a lot of empty space there.

Looks good, but primary issue for that would be the community not liking a stadium right there. But that

In other words what do you guys think of Van Cortlandt Park or even Indoor Hill Park, a lot of empty space there.
Fuck the community. They dont deserve no say in shit

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=college of mount saint vincent&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe&safe=active&gws_rd=ssl&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&ei=wWT7VJD0HreBsQTY5IGwCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&output=classic&dg=brw
So what exactly would happen to the college?

Reactions: Narrowback gal

There's lots of "empty space" at Woodlawn, too. I think that a stadium on a floating platform in the middle of the Hudson River is more likely than destroying prime park space for a stadium,

If you look at that map, just north of the College, like 100 feet away, there is a Westchester County something or other built out into the Hudson. I think it's the Wastewater treatment facility.

What about all of the empty area around the Bronx Pelham Landfill?? The 6 goes out that way with a stop in Pelham Bay Park

Not a hope in hell would that land be sold for a stadium. There's some extremely wealthy people in that area, no way are they letting something like that get into Riverdale.

Reactions: Kjbert
There's lots of "empty space" at Woodlawn, too. I think that a stadium on a floating platform in the middle of the Hudson River is more likely than destroying prime park space for a stadium,
Yea Fred but that's the cemetery, lol :D

Nope. Has to be entirely in NYC. If not, then they've failed. No way the stadium can be outside of NYC. No way.

Yonkers Mayor and Westchester County exec have openly lobbied for it

I also think we're discounting the importance of having training grounds in the city too. The knicks often suffer because their training grounds are north of the city. The players faction into two camps: the young guys looking for the life of the city, and the family guys that live upstate or elsewhere away from all the noise but near the training grounds. Days they practice and have a game there is a huge commute as well. CFG have it right by emphasizing the need for your grounds to be next to your stadium. It simplifies the lifestyle our players will have, enables the players to have more of a routine, and promotes more unity. I know its crazy hard to do in this city, but its so important.

I think it is out of the question to have extra training grounds in the city. Just too expensive. Why do we need training grounds anyway. It seems wasteful to me having a giant stadium for only 17 games hopefully a few playoff games and maybe a few concerts

Reactions: Kjbert
Yonkers Mayor and Westchester County exec have openly lobbied for it
Understood -- but it would still be quite a feat building a stadium in two cities and two counties.