Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I'd like to think that wouldn't happen, but I guess I should know better than that.

It’s doable to limit the number of days with both games. If you don’t need 72 hours to prep a field, you can have games on consecutive days all season. Will it be perfect, no. But with any luck, they can keep the dual game days to a minimum.

I think the article in the Athletic (by Araos for what it's worth) is a worthwhile read.

Yes, we know that Moya is a supporter, but this gives additional details behind that. More importantly, this is him going very public and very strongly behind a stadium in Queens. There are extensive quotes from him - clearly he has decided to open up in a big way about this.

There is also information that Moya said he hasn't heard from the Club in while about a site in the Iron Triangle, that any deal there will require the support of the group developing the site (which includes the Related Companies and Sterling Equities - Wilpon's company), and that the NYC Economic Development Council president is also supportive of a stadium there.

Yes, we know that Moya is a supporter, but this gives additional details behind that. More importantly, this is him going very public and very strongly behind a stadium in Queens. There are extensive quotes from him - clearly he has decided to open up in a big way about this.

With minimal info this seems like a good sign that things are progressing in the Bronx, no need for Moya to go this public unless he's worried his chances of seeing the stadium in Queens are slipping away.

With minimal info this seems like a good sign that things are progressing in the Bronx, no need for Moya to go this public unless he's worried his chances of seeing the stadium in Queens are slipping away.

Nothing would be more refreshing than if both sites wanted us. If we manage to screw it up under those circumstances, this thing will never happen.

Or: no need for Moya to go this public unless he's confident Queens will happen.

Or: no need for Moya to go this public unless politicians like getting press.

Troubling that only 5 teams showed an increase in a "growing league". I know we are increasing the breadth of the league, which increases fan numbers as a whole, but most teams are declining. Not surprised LAG leads the list. They struck gold for now. Huge name that is contributing. They went from last to contender. Zlatan will continue to keep that number up. That's a team that needed a star. He leaves it goes down.

ETA: and what would be better for the league? Slightly less attendance with 90% filled lowered capacity stadiums Or slightly more attendance with 80% filled higher capacity stadiums.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Or: It's renewal time and it's cheaper for NYCFC to give Moya money

giphy.gif

NYCFC play the same game as the Revs when it comes to season ticket renewals.

Fake stats. No way our attendance didn’t even move a percentage point since last year.
My records show we're up by just 129 through 11 games. Comes to 0.57% I guess you round up there but it's really negligible. After Vancouver it will probably be a decrease from 2017 because the home RB game last year was home game 12, so unless we get 33k for Vancouver....
But, we do have an extra RB game later, though midweek, and we hope to have nothing like Hartford coming up. Barring any similar 10k fiasco we should end up comfortably ahead, but I'm not sure how strong it will be given the 2018 advantages just mentioned, ie 2 RB home games and no Hartford. We only got 30k for RB on a good weather Sunday evening game this year.

Troubling that only 5 teams showed an increase in a "growing league". I know we are increasing the breadth of the league, which increases fan numbers as a whole, but most teams are declining. Not surprised LAG leads the list. They struck gold for now. Huge name that is contributing. They went from last to contender. Zlatan will continue to keep that number up. That's a team that needed a star. He leaves it goes down.

ETA: and what would be better for the league? Slightly less attendance with 90% filled lowered capacity stadiums Or slightly more attendance with 80% filled higher capacity stadiums.
I wouldn't take attendance figures as the end-all-be-all without checking to see what TV numbers look like. I think for the most part, this isn't all that bad, except for Montreal and on down. Seattle's -7% would normally trouble me, but not when they're pulling in 40k. NJ and Columbus are especially troubling since they have competitive teams.

I wouldn't take attendance figures as the end-all-be-all without checking to see what TV numbers look like. I think for the most part, this isn't all that bad, except for Montreal and on down. Seattle's -7% would normally trouble me, but not when they're pulling in 40k. NJ and Columbus are especially troubling since they have competitive teams.
Columbus is actively trying to sabotage their business metrics. NJ once again does nothing to market their team and they get what they deserve.