Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I’d like ownership to just come out and say it “nah, never leaving the ballpark, don’t get your hopes up.” If the Crew gets their SECOND stadium before us, what is the fucking point for us?

The point is living in New York instead of Columbus.

Look below. Where in NYC do you see that amount of open space near both important parts of the city and major nodes of transportation? You don't.

You have to take the bitter with the sweet. The bitter is the perhaps insurmountable task of finding a few acres of land near a train line to build a stadium. The sweet is everything else.

1F52F05F-4050-4B0C-AE58-D824830EAAAE.jpeg

Look below. Where in NYC do you see that amount of open space near both important parts of the city and major nodes of transportation? You don't.

You have to take the bitter with the sweet. The bitter is the perhaps insurmountable task of finding a few acres of land near a train line to build a stadium. The sweet is everything else.

View attachment 9369
Ah, wish this was all it took to alleviate the aggravation. If this was envisioned on being such an insurmountable task to deliver us our own home within a general vicinity of the time-frame once touted by ownership, they shouldn’t have created the club in the first place. Shame on them and garber.

Ah, wish this was all it took to alleviate the aggravation. If this was envisioned on being such an insurmountable task to deliver us our own home within a general vicinity of the time-frame once touted by ownership, they shouldn’t have created the club in the first place. Shame on them and garber.

this was always an issue with a nyc2 team that garber always wanted. no one really wanted to risk that thats why it didnt happen sooner, he saw someone willing to risk 100M and wander around Baseball stadiums so he took it. this team theoretically should have never existed but yet here we are.

yet here we are, wondering how we still exist after only 4 years

sure, CFG came in and here we are. I always used to say here when team first started that it be 10 years before we heard anything about stadium being actually done. we enter 5th year now. i do think as long as garber is around he wont let the team die no matter how many temporary homes we have for various games or any other embarrassing things happen with this team

sure, CFG came in and here we are. I always used to say here when team first started that it be 10 years before we heard anything about stadium being actually done. we enter 5th year now. i do think as long as garber is around he wont let the team die no matter how many temporary homes we have for various games or any other embarrassing things happen with this team
important question, for you and anyone else that wants to answer....
What gets finished first:
A) NYCFC Stadium
B)LaGuardia Airport
C)Belt Parkway

Then they will watch the crowds dwindle, what little money they make on the team dwindle, until it will be time to close up shop. So cool, thanks CFG.

Then they will watch the crowds dwindle, what little money they make on the team dwindle, until it will be time to close up shop. So cool, thanks CFG.

sure, though but the cash is there from TV and sponsors so who cares to the FO? look at RB, chicago, denver, columbus ( though i give them pass because of Precourt and all that shit) FC Dallas, SJ all empty ass stadiums many times in season even playoffs. We will fit right in.

sure, though but the cash is there from TV and sponsors so who cares to the FO? look at RB, chicago, denver, columbus ( though i give them pass because of Precourt and all that shit) FC Dallas, SJ all empty ass stadiums many times in season even playoffs. We will fit right in.
Oh good! : ) : ) : )

Reactions: adam and Kjbert

View attachment 9369

Etihad Island
Eithad Island
Etihad Island

this was always an issue with a nyc2 team that garber always wanted. no one really wanted to risk that thats why it didnt happen sooner, he saw someone willing to risk 100M and wander around Baseball stadiums so he took it. this team theoretically should have never existed but yet here we are.
Except that there was a stadium plan figured out with Bloomberg’s blessing and then came BdB to Fck everything up because nothing was going to get built without affordable housing payouts.....

Except that there was a stadium plan figured out with Bloomberg’s blessing and then came BdB to Fck everything up because nothing was going to get built without affordable housing payouts.....

yes, but that was CFG though, its their fuck up to not speed up the process before bloomberg left. i really think they underestimated the red tape of NYC and the politics of NYC

Reactions: COLINMOUTH and adam
yes, but that was CFG though, its their fuck up to not speed up the process before bloomberg left. i really think they underestimated the red tape of NYC and the politics of NYC
It's also general practice to stay out of the way of the previous mayor's practice. It could have been easily presumed that BdB would have stayed out of the way.

I give CFG a lot of crap for the shit they deserve, and it’s just about everything encompassing their business model and implementation, but the loss of the Bloomberg plan was 100% on BdB wanting to flex his muscle and not because CFG wasted time. Building in NYC has a pretty standard timeline relating to the schedule of municipal approvals, and nothing CFG could have done would have sped it up to beat BdB pulling the rug out and disregarding the prior mayor’s building visions. CFG May have screwed things up since, and/or played cheap with buying property to build on, but that’s after the original plan was scrapped by our current mayor.