Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
How is David Villa and QFC publicly connected to this and NYCFC isn't?

Because NYCFC doesn't say a word about anything they're doing to anyone.

Think about it from their point of view. If they leak they're interested in this site and it falls through for any of the 8,000 reasons developments in NYC fall through, fans are probably even more frustrated than before. It does them absolutely no good to admit to anything until they're ready to put shovels in the ground. It is inconcievable to me that they wouldn't be involved in this site, but I don't think we hear anything until the process is further along.

Because NYCFC doesn't say a word about anything they're doing to anyone.

Think about it from their point of view. If they leak they're interested in this site and it falls through for any of the 8,000 reasons developments in NYC fall through, fans are probably even more frustrated than before. It does them absolutely no good to admit to anything until they're ready to put shovels in the ground. It is inconcievable to me that they wouldn't be involved in this site, but I don't think we hear anything until the process is further along.
I get that, I just haven't seen anything that publicly connects Villa and QFC to this other than fan speculation.

I know that there is a photo with Katz, Moya, and Villa out there, but there is similar info out there connecting Katz and Moya to NYCFC as well as NYCFC and Related.

My main point is I don't see much of a connection to Villa and QFC here. And if we do argue there is a connection there, it would be the same "connection" that there currently is to NYCFC.

I agree this is NYCFC's point of view but it continues to strike me as flat wrong. Fans would be a lot less frustrated if they told us everything they could about their stadium efforts, just like we would have been less anxious this offseason if they'd told us more about the plan to replace Villa and Herrera and build a competitive team this season. Fans will forgive the club if things come up or fall through but we need to know they're trying and feel like they care about us.

I agree this is NYCFC's point of view but it continues to strike me as flat wrong. Fans would be a lot less frustrated if they told us everything they could about their stadium efforts, just like we would have been less anxious this offseason if they'd told us more about the plan to replace Villa and Herrera and build a competitive team this season. Fans will forgive the club if things come up or fall through but we need to know they're trying and feel like they care about us.
IT's like when you're texting a girl and she responds sometimes, but for the most part she doesn't respond and you don't know if she is busy? if she doesn't like you? You just want some closure and a sense of "ah, that makes sense".
...bad example?

I get that, I just haven't seen anything that publicly connects Villa and QFC to this other than fan speculation.

I know that there is a photo with Katz, Moya, and Villa out there, but there is similar info out there connecting Katz and Moya to NYCFC as well as NYCFC and Related.

My main point is I don't see much of a connection to Villa and QFC here. And if we do argue there is a connection there, it would be the same "connection" that there currently is to NYCFC.

I don't think Moya, Katz, or the city have ever said anything public about NYCFC and a stadium at Willets. They have always used generic language about a soccer stadium there. In contrast, the photo was released by the city and specifically mentioned their discussion with Villa about Queensboro FC in a stadium at Willets point.

I'm not saying that proves anything, but there is definitely more public about Villa lobbying for use of the stadium than CFG.

I don't think Moya, Katz, or the city have ever said anything public about NYCFC and a stadium at Willets. They have always used generic language about a soccer stadium there. In contrast, the photo was released by the city and specifically mentioned their discussion with Villa about Queensboro FC in a stadium at Willets point.

I'm not saying that proves anything, but there is definitely more public about Villa lobbying for use of the stadium than CFG.
This photo?
All I see is "A pleasure to welcome soccer legend @Guaje7Villa to #Queens Borough Hall today alongside @franciscomoyany to discuss the future of The Beautiful Game in The World’s Borough."

I've seen reports from multiple websites about the quote you mention and that it comes from some statement Katz's office has made. But I cannot find that actual statement anywhere.

Reactions: Kjbert
This photo?
All I see is "A pleasure to welcome soccer legend @Guaje7Villa to #Queens Borough Hall today alongside @franciscomoyany to discuss the future of The Beautiful Game in The World’s Borough."

I've seen reports from multiple websites about the quote you mention and that it comes from some statement Katz's office has made. But I cannot find that actual statement anywhere.
Typical politician, never commit till you know who's gonna win. Then spin everything that was vague as fact you supported the winning side the whole time.

Reactions: Schwallacus
This photo?

Yeah for some reason I can't find the primary source anymore either, but I remember seeing it and it was copied to this article: https://queenseagle.com/all/2018/10/3/is-queens-getting-a-pro-soccer-team

"A caption crafted by the press office and sent to media outlets for publication said that Moya, Katz and Villa met to “discuss the future of ‘The Beautiful Game’ in ‘The World’s Borough.’”

“One option that was discussed is a proposal to build a 10,000 to 25,000-seat soccer stadium in the Willets Point redevelopment area that would serve as home for the Queensboro Football Club, a proposed new team that would play in the United Soccer League, a second division professional league,” the statement said."

Dude, before the brand disappeared for a generation, did you know Pele played for the Cosmos? MLS NEEDS the Cosmos brand, it's an icon in this City. MLS is scared. Beckenbauer, Chinaglia (totally not a criminal pos btw) and so many more.
MLS should grant them free entry into the league.
I mean, personally, I think they would be better for the league than Red Bulls.

I mean, personally, I think they would be better for the league than Red Bulls.
Sure, from a branding perspective, probably. However, it's what is behind the brand that matters. If either of us changed brands, it would have no long term impact on the business whatsoever, as proven by the Cosmos, who opened up with 10k, then constantly fell off one cliff after another to the point they were announcing 500 person crowds as 3k.
So it depends what you mean by "they". If you mean the clown show criminal group who launched it, or cliwnshow Rocco, then no, they wouldn't be better than the Red Bulls.

So if my reading comprehension is sufficient on a skim, the important nugget here from Moya is that a developer's proposal without a soccer stadium will have more housing, but at market rate. A developers proposal for the concept with a stadium will have less housing, but it will be affordable because it can be offset by the revenue-generating stadium.

As Adam stated, still no mention of NYCFC from any of the reporters digging into this story.