• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
This right here
So we have the Yankees pulling Yankees shit on the community. We then have NYCFC continuing to play bystander while also stepping on their dicks weekly as it relates to customer service.

And then you have us. This blows

E
Dare I say… chivas USA?
Exact feeling I've been getting. Well-built team, but the dwindling fan support and stadium sharing is all too reminiscent of Vergera's failed project as the wheels came off at the end.
We need a stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert
Is it too late for a stadium? We probably have 10,000 committed fans and another 15,000 casual fans at this point. Sure, that fills a stadium, but is it worth it to build a stadium for a team with such little interest?

i think you are greatly under estimating the fanbase.
Am I? Sunday night against our other rival. 13,500 in the stands. First real home game since September of 2019. For those of us with kids, this is the first time we could go to a match with them in 21 months.

Am I? Sunday night against our other rival. 13,500 in the stands. First real home game since September of 2019. For those of us with kids, this is the first time we could go to a match with them in 21 months.

despite being full capacity, it's still not all normal again. covid is still a thing. people are still staying away from large crowds. it's not a good comparison. Add to that the single match tickets from the club were much higher than they normally would be, people having problems getting tickets through ticketmaster, and STHs trading in games to get their money back... I'd say the fact that we got 13k+ out is great.

Is it too late for a stadium? We probably have 10,000 committed fans and another 15,000 casual fans at this point. Sure, that fills a stadium, but is it worth it to build a stadium for a team with such little interest?
"that are interested to go to games at yankee stadium or redbull arena" is the part you're forgetting.

Besides, a new stadium being build would add a lot of visibility to people that otherwise wouldn't see it.

despite being full capacity, it's still not all normal again. covid is still a thing. people are still staying away from large crowds. it's not a good comparison. Add to that the single match tickets from the club were much higher than they normally would be, people having problems getting tickets through ticketmaster, and STHs trading in games to get their money back... I'd say the fact that we got 13k+ out is great.
But if there was demand for tickets, the Club would have released more tickets. There was no demand

"that are interested to go to games at yankee stadium or redbull arena" is the part you're forgetting.

Besides, a new stadium being build would add a lot of visibility to people that otherwise wouldn't see it.
If you can get to Yankee Stadium you can get to the GAL site.
RBA is drawing 5,000 fans. Those are the die hards. That’s it

Not talking about getting there, I'm talking about the people who are like "I don't wanna go watch a game at a baseball stadium" etc. Which is frankly a huge amount of people, as much as we like to ignore that.

But if there was demand for tickets, the Club would have released more tickets. There was no demand

how many people, even avid supporters, were willing to drop $90 on tickets from the club? I love this club, but if i didn't have a season ticket seat, i probably wouldn't get one if there were no more resale tickets to be had.

much of the third rail won't go to RBA. are you saying they aren't die hard fans? one could argue that the die hard fans are the ones who refuse to go to NJ for a team that is supposed to represent the city.

Reactions: Kjbert
Not talking about getting there, I'm talking about the people who are like "I don't wanna go watch a game at a baseball stadium" etc. Which is frankly a huge amount of people, as much as we like to ignore that.
I think you’re wrong but I hope you’re not.

how many people, even avid supporters, were willing to drop $90 on tickets from the club? I love this club, but if i didn't have a season ticket seat, i probably wouldn't get one if there were no more resale tickets to be had.
Not a good sign is it?

If a SSS is built at the GAL site, NYCFC will have no problem selling tickets to a real SSS within the five boroughs. MLS will roll out the hype train as MLS loves its fancy new stadiums.

despite being full capacity, it's still not all normal again. covid is still a thing.
I like that the stadium is open but I would have been much happier with masks being 100% required and would have been fine with proof-of-vaccination checks for entry. I felt mostly OK in 224 but I'm (purposely) in the back row and there's only two other people in my row with the back half of my section being pretty empty. And all three of us wore our masks throughout. But then there was the supporters sections. Packed, singing, no masks. Didn't look like a good idea to me, and what is the team going to say if these matches turn into super spreader events? Or when next-of-kin start filing lawsuits?

That was Sunday. Yesterday I went to Citi Field for a doubleheader. Was in 136 (left center, fair territory, great seats for soccer) and it was packed. I was the only person wearing a mask in literally the entire section except for the usher. Was there for the first game but moved up to 332 for the second game and sat comfortably in my own row (and frankly I was a lot closer in despite being a bit higher up).

If you haven't already, please, get vaccinated. And don't stop wearing masks.

Maybe I'm just the "grumpy old guy" nowadays but I don't want any of you to die horribly of Covid, ya know?