Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir, but we would be extremely lucky to have a stadium like Providence Park in Portland. Excellent location, and all in all a great facility that’s intimate for soccer yet felt comfortable to be in. Yes they have some weird pillars in odd places but all in all it’s a great place to watch a match in. RBA is shit compared to a place like that tbh.

I’m sure I’m preaching to the choir, but we would be extremely lucky to have a stadium like Providence Park in Portland. Excellent location, and all in all a great facility that’s intimate for soccer yet felt comfortable to be in. Yes they have some weird pillars in odd places but all in all it’s a great place to watch a match in. RBA is shit compared to a place like that tbh.
RBA is shit because of the location and atmosphere brought on by the fans.

Portland has an amazing location, incredible fan support. They just need to get rid of the turf, which is a little bit of a problem because of an underground river running through.

Reactions: danger and Kjbert
RBA is shit because of the location and atmosphere brought on by the fans.

Portland has an amazing location, incredible fan support. They just need to get rid of the turf, which is a little bit of a problem because of an underground river running through.
Even the structure of RBA is shitty. Concrete mausoleum, crappy tin can roof. I have similar complaints about MetLife, and even Yankee Stadium tbh (the concrete part at least).

Even the structure of RBA is shitty. Concrete mausoleum, crappy tin can roof. I have similar complaints about MetLife, and even Yankee Stadium tbh (the concrete part at least).

Sadly it's probably gonna be similar when we get our stadium. Doubt cfg will be giving any architects free reign

Reactions: Mkdaman1818
Sadly it's probably gonna be similar when we get our stadium. Doubt cfg will be giving any architects free reign
Yes, we're definitely doomed to hypermodern design and materials, but hey, it will be HOME and it will have a trophy cabinet with an Eastern Conference Champion cup and an MLS Cup in it.

I was told that we have taken on new legal representation in our stadium search.
Who were the old legal partners? Yankees connection?
A change away from Yankees affiliated legal reps could potentially signal something big, such as Bronx is dead.

I was told that we have taken on new legal representation in our stadium search.
Quite a few of the lobbyists have "termination reports" beginning around the summer in which basically they are identified as no longer providing those lobbying services.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yes, we're definitely doomed to hypermodern design and materials, but hey, it will be HOME and it will have a trophy cabinet with an Eastern Conference Champion cup and an MLS Cup in it.
The one thing I’ll miss at YS is the nice padded seats an legroom of the field level seats. OTOH the atmosphere of being packed in closer will be an improvement WHEN we get our own house.

A couple of things about RBA: If the team was more exciting, people would make the trip. The stadium isn’t great and absolutely is not built for a sellout crowD, but TBF it’s at least got a roof and feels like a soccer stadium. And also now that we pipped them on a Cup they probably should embrace the NJ thing as I don’t think they will be attracting new fans from across the river any time soon unless CFG reallly screws up on The competitive front, which seems unlikely given our generally more exciting brand of football over the last few years. The cup really cemented that aspect and over on RBNJ reddit the mood is practically suicidal — even worse than ours was right before the Gudi Wonderstrike, which was my personal nadir as a supporter. The one thread I always held onto this year was that the results underperformed our quality. So happy that we progressed to the mean.

A non-boring and competitive RBNJ side is good for the game and good for us to keep the FO honest. I actually feel a little bad for RBNJ supporters right now. Which will last u til the next HRD kickoff.

Quite a few of the lobbyists have "termination reports" beginning around the summer in which basically they are identified as no longer providing those lobbying services.
I wonder if this is due to the new Mayoral administration, a potential new site (meaning you are lobbying officials in a different borough) or just unhappiness with the poor group.