Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
i assume related wouldnt mind as it would drive commerce to the highline and HY mall. They were rumored to be part of the south bronx project by 1st ave i think.

Reactions: Kjbert
i assume related wouldnt mind as it would drive commerce to the highline and HY mall. They were rumored to be part of the south bronx project by 1st ave i think.
Their office is literally next door to this site I believe.

Their office is literally next door to this site I believe.
Yea, their main office for the high ups is there. They did most of the HY development.

They still have their columbus circle office i believe for secodary staff and low level is on 56th street I think.

This western rail yard site is also leased to Related by the MTA. The mixed-use project (same as HY more or less) has been approved by the CPC and adopted by the City Council. MTA is desperate for the income the western HY development will provide. K Kjbert unless your rumor source is Adams himself-- and even if it is, tbh-- I don't see how this could possibly become the site for a NYCFC stadium.

Now, Willets on the other hand...

I'll believe it when I see it. I have really huge doubts about Hudson Yards even being considered as a thing.

That being said, hudson yards would be really freakin' cool as a stadium site. Amazing view of the river, the high line, would make it one of the most attractive stadiums in MLS. Not to mention Javits Center is right next door, and the Vessel not far. Would make for great rally locations etc.

...AND it would be easily accessible by basically all the boroughs except Staten Island.

I'll believe it when I see it. I have really huge doubts about Hudson Yards even being considered as a thing.

That being said, hudson yards would be really freakin' cool as a stadium site. Amazing view of the river, the high line, would make it one of the most attractive stadiums in MLS. Not to mention Javits Center is right next door, and the Vessel not far. Would make for great rally locations etc.

...AND it would be easily accessible by basically all the boroughs except Staten Island.
So all boroughs then, right? ;)

This western rail yard site is also leased to Related by the MTA. The mixed-use project (same as HY more or less) has been approved by the CPC and adopted by the City Council. MTA is desperate for the income the western HY development will provide. K Kjbert unless your rumor source is Adams himself-- and even if it is, tbh-- I don't see how this could possibly become the site for a NYCFC stadium.

Now, Willets on the other hand...

This individual is a relatively high visibility member of his transition team.

Hudson Yards location has to be a logistical and security nightmare though, surely?

Is there even room for parking spots, etc?

This individual is a relatively high visibility member of his transition team.

Nice! But it doesn't change the virtually zero chance that it happens there. City, state, and federal approvals for the western HY are too far along. Plus, in return for the zoning and approvals allowing for all the high-end commercial, office, and residential use, I believe Related promised a public school and some more green space. Adams would have to be some sort of modern-day Boss Tweed to reverse all that.

And believe me-- no one would love the stadium at that location more than me--- I'm a 10 minute walk away :openmouth:

giphy.gif

Nice! But it doesn't change the virtually zero chance that it happens there. City, state, and federal approvals for the western HY are too far along. Plus, in return for the zoning and approvals allowing for all the high-end commercial, office, and residential use, I believe Related promised a public school and some more green space. Adams would have to be some sort of modern-day Boss Tweed to reverse all that.

And believe me-- no one would love the stadium at that location more than me--- I'm a 10 minute walk away :openmouth:

the stadium would be built in Bed-Stuy or Brownsville before Hudson Yards

Adams on board. Stadium is happening. South Bronx probably not happening. Negotiating two sites. Citi Field and…

HUDSON YARDS

The Jets couldn't do it, but NYCFC are? I know everyone is still hyped about the cup, but this sounds so far fetched. Now the Citi Field parking lot sounds like the path of least resistance, though I'm not sure how the Yankees would be okay with this.

The Jets couldn't do it, but NYCFC are? I know everyone is still hyped about the cup, but this sounds so far fetched. Now the Citi Field parking lot sounds like the path of least resistance, though I'm not sure how the Yankees would be okay with this.

People are going to realize quickly that an Adams administration is going to be an absolute bonanza for real estate, gambling and development interests. Guy has absolutely no scruples. He’s so in the bag for development interests. It’s fantastic. The anti-BDB