Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Battery Park City was built on landfill...
That landfill under Battery Park all came from digging the foundations for the original two World Trade Center buildings.... it was done so that they didn't have to pay the cost of hauling all of those cubic tons of excavated fill away.

Reactions: Gazza_55 and Kjbert
Instead of just looking for a stadium site, what's the possibility of finding land big enough in the city for a stadium & academy?

I have to agree. I mean, there's absolutely no way that 30,000+ fans having to attend every game by boat can possibly cause issues, surely?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I have to agree. I mean, there's absolutely no way that 30,000+ fans having to attend every game by boat can possibly cause issues, surely?

If that were to happen.......

200_s.gif

On the vote above did Queens just get like 15 extra votes overnight?

Maybe we're being invaded by Queens supporters! But I never liked that vote, I feel like it's more where do you think a stadium will wind up, rather then where do you WANT it. Would the majority of people here really rather have the stadium in the Bronx then Pier 40?

Reactions: Aubyn Delta BC
Hey, my brother and several other guys from my HS played baseball there. They are on of the top D2 athletic programs in the country. #glorydays

(Un)Interestingly, their official mascot is the Statesmen. It's in the middle of nowhere. Like literally, nothin but rice and cotton fields for miles.

Last edited:
Not for nothing but I got my fingers crossed for the Hunter's Point site. It was slated for a parkland development but it's privately owned by the developers that build them condos over there, so there's no reason they wouldnt/couldnt sell it to us for the right price. It's in a great location, there'd probably be game day ferry service, as long as we build it with a flood plan in place I think it'd be great. It's near the 7 and the LIRR and the ferry. I'm thinking long term it would be pretty sweet. Dunno about the streetcar thing though

Not for nothing but I got my fingers crossed for the Hunter's Point site. It was slated for a parkland development but it's privately owned by the developers that build them condos over there, so there's no reason they wouldnt/couldnt sell it to us for the right price. It's in a great location, there'd probably be game day ferry service, as long as we build it with a flood plan in place I think it'd be great. It's near the 7 and the LIRR and the ferry. I'm thinking long term it would be pretty sweet. Dunno about the streetcar thing though

Not sure where you get your info. But if you look at page 217, I took the time to look up the zoning and ownership. It's owned by the city, not private developers. The department of Housing Preservation & Development to be precise. And if you look back, you'll also see that someone else found articles stating it was planned for afordable housing, not parkland. Happy Super Bowl :)

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Not sure where you get your info. But if you look at page 217, I took the time to look up the zoning and ownership. It's owned by the city, not private developers. The department of Housing Preservation & Development to be precise. And if you look back, you'll also see that someone else found articles stating it was planned for afordable housing, not parkland. Happy Super Bowl :)
yea it's "affordable housing" like all those buildings are. They were going to put the park on that area next to the water. It was in LIC Post when all this was announced. They been working on that Hunter's Point waterfront area for years.

yea it's "affordable housing" like all those buildings are. They were going to put the park on that area next to the water. It was in LIC Post when all this was announced. They been working on that Hunter's Point waterfront area for years.
They can't just sell the land and build a stadium. There needs to be re-zoning, community board hearings and several other layers of red tape.

If it were that easy NYCFC would have bought out a bunch of space already.

Management has clearly designed the secondary jersey with the location of the stadium in mind. I can't wait for the reveal. The obvious options are (i) build a pitch on top of the circular Madison Square Garden building, (ii) the City agrees to convert 8th Avenue and Broadway into bicycle lanes and build us a stadium in Columbus Circle, or (iii) build a round pier on the Hudson, next to the Circle line, instead of pier 40. A less obvious choice, based on the new media campaign, could be in Chinatown.

Management has clearly designed the secondary jersey with the location of the stadium in mind. I can't wait for the reveal. The obvious options are (i) build a pitch on top of the circular Madison Square Garden building, (ii) the City agrees to convert 8th Avenue and Broadway into bicycle lanes and build us a stadium in Columbus Circle, or (iii) build a round pier on the Hudson, next to the Circle line, instead of pier 40. A less obvious choice, based on the new media campaign, could be in Chinatown.

Or... You ever hear of Hell Gate? It's a whirlpool that forms in the East River. Very hard to sail through. Maybe we're getting the floating stadium after all!!!

是的,宝贝 !!

So I just listened to BlueCityRadio 's last podcast, and I am a bit confused. Can anyone link me to a comment or an article that shows exactly where this land is south of Yankee stadium where we are rumored to be building? Is this the same thing as the GAL lot? Didn't someone say a few pages back that the lot would not be big enough without having to re-route the roads next to the Deegan?

Reactions: Kjbert