Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I'm still holding out for a Jets/NYCFC combined stadium.

In queens I'm assuming. Preferably on the Willits Point site. That would be incredible. However, I can't see how the jets can walk away from met life with all that's been invested there already. And how they sell it to fans who purchased PSLs. I think the jets are stuck and woody Johnson made a poor decision with little foresight partnering with the Giants at met life.

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCP
In queens I'm assuming. Preferably on the Willits Point site. That would be incredible. However, I can't see how the jets can walk away from met life with all that's been invested there already. And how they sell it to fans who purchased PSLs. I think the jets are stuck and woody Johnson made a poor decision with little foresight partnering with the Giants at met life.

Willets or Sunnyside Yards would both be amazing. But the Jets' lease runs through like 2030 and they have ownership in MetLife, I believe. Won't happen.

Reactions: Rimil and adam
Willets or Sunnyside Yards would both be amazing. But the Jets' lease runs through like 2030 and they have ownership in MetLife, I believe. Won't happen.
50/50 ownership with the Giants

-edit- referring to the Jets ownership of MetLife

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
If they were to do a deal like that, not saying that they will, would it be considered an SSS for Garber and MLS? To me it wouldn't seem like it but I haven't read the rules so I don't know

If they were to do a deal like that, not saying that they will, would it be considered an SSS for Garber and MLS? To me it wouldn't seem like it but I haven't read the rules so I don't know

Atlanta is doing it

Reactions: JCMore
I don't want to share with the Jets. He's a nice man but that organization is run as well as the Mets. It would never get off the ground.

For those of us who are bullish on US Soccer and MLS becoming a top league with top players in their prime and believe it's not unrealistic to expect 60k crowds once we reach our prime, sharing a stadium with the Jets is probably the only way to build a stadium in the city. Not just because of the extra political power, but also the financial partnership will be necessary. Even though we have super rich owners, I just can't imagine a 60k or larger stadium in the city being financially viable without major public support (not happening) or a financial partner to share the burden.
Obviously, MLS being a top league is a distant dream,therefore we will likely build a 30kish stadium first.

Jets can opt out after
One team can opt out of the lease so far as the other stays starting in 2020 I believe.

Too bad we can't take some of the parkland and promise to maintain the other parkland. If the parkland is overrun and useless, I am OK with taking it. But we should be footing the cost of maintaining parkland.

This is basically the Brooklyn Bridge Park deal I think. Some developers got the right to build a couple condo buildings on the edge of the park in exchange for turning most of those shipping piers into parkland.

This is basically the Brooklyn Bridge Park deal I think. Some developers got the right to build a couple condo buildings on the edge of the park in exchange for turning most of those shipping piers into parkland.
To add: the City is relinquishing/diverting all real estate taxes from the Bkln Bridge Park's Condos/development and that money goes in to a trust to maintain the park.

To add: the City is relinquishing/diverting all real estate taxes from the Bkln Bridge Park's Condos/development and that money goes in to a trust to maintain the park.

That's actually a really good idea. Shocking

For those of us who are bullish on US Soccer and MLS becoming a top league with top players in their prime and believe it's not unrealistic to expect 60k crowds once we reach our prime, sharing a stadium with the Jets is probably the only way to build a stadium in the city. Not just because of the extra political power, but also the financial partnership will be necessary. Even though we have super rich owners, I just can't imagine a 60k or larger stadium in the city being financially viable without major public support (not happening) or a financial partner to share the burden.
Obviously, MLS being a top league is a distant dream,therefore we will likely build a 30kish stadium first.

Yes. Let's be real. MLS crawled, walked...now they are speed walking. MLS is a long way from 60k +

Last edited:
Remind us again why this makes any sense for the Jets?

I can think of a lot of reasons why not, like some pissed off PSL holders or their recently built training facility/HQ. But if I have to take the pro side; I would say they could dominate the LI, Queens, Brooklyn market. While they would also be conceding NJ and Westchester. But those areas have always been predominantly Giants anyway. Maybe in the future they could pick up Connecticut too if there's ever a bridge built. Also, they are about to lose a ton of parking revenue when Xanadu opens. I know a lot of people that will park there instead and walk to stadium to save money. Oh, and they'll definitely get a SB by building a new stadium in NYC.

What I don't know and am too lazy to look up are the economics of it. How much did they personally invest in Met Life? Amortized over 10 years is it a huge hit, or a decent lease? Are there penalties to pay for excercizing their out clause? Are they still responsible for anything in Met Life once they leave?

Could Populous use the same White Heart Lane design and have retractable grass for soccer? Then it would make even more sense.

What I don't know and am too lazy to look up are the economics of it. How much did they personally invest in Met Life? Amortized over 10 years is it a huge hit, or a decent lease? Are there penalties to pay for excercizing their out clause? Are they still responsible for anything in Met Life once they leave?

They spent hundreds of millions of dollars to build the stadium. The references to them leasing the stadium are misleading, as both the Jets and Giants technically are leasing the stadium from themselves (a joint venture they both formed called "New Meadowlands Stadium Company, LLC".

Even without the PSL issue, leaving the stadium to build a new one would mean not only spending billions on a new stadium, but seriously impairing their investment in the old one by leaving as their own tenant.