Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
There are train tracks between the plot and the creek. I think this is a no go.
I Don't think those freight lines are active. I think we will or already have gotten those buildings next door on both sides. I think those deal happened quietly and that we now control it. I actually drove by here on the way to Costco(I know I am a domesticated man, its okay.) and the lot is huge. It looks like Hunts Point. This site is literally the first exit out of the midtown Tunnel or the last before the tunnel. It is VERY isolated too so we can do what we want(drink Costco booze).

Reactions: adam and ktdNYCFC
Completely spitballing here, but this seems like a perfect lot to build a larger parking garage at. Arrow #1 is the last exit on the LIE before the tunnel, and Arrow #2 is the parking site:

NiVOz6g.jpg

Lol this is a discussion forum and everyone is free to discuss anything. If you think a location is possible and post it people will tell you what they think. You reputation here won't come into question because it turned out to be a different location. If we had nothing to talk about then we wouldn't have a forum. If we had to all wait for official news to discuss something then it would be boring to be a fan.
Very short-sighted of you NYCFC_Dan - if we waited for official announcements, we'd all have more time to bone-up on our tax deductions in this thread. And as they say, that's money!

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan and adam
I didn't get a response yesterday so I'm going to try again. What is it about this particular real estate transaction that is different from any other? I am combing the info presented over the last seven pages, and the web, for the connection between Atlas and CFG and I'm not seeing it. Don't get me wrong, nobody loves a bit of frenzied speculation more than me, I'm just wondering if I have missed something

I didn't get a response yesterday so I'm going to try again. What is it about this particular real estate transaction that is different from any other? I am combing the info presented over the last seven pages, and the web, for the connection between Atlas and CFG and I'm not seeing it. Don't get me wrong, nobody loves a bit of frenzied speculation more than me, I'm just wondering if I have missed something
what was said it was confirmed by two trusted sources. So yea still speculation but its a little more solid then pure speculation.

They were rumored to be working with Yankees/NYCFC. Two sources have confirmed this. My source is VERY trustworthy. It could be a coincidence that they just so happened to have purchased the property or they could be acting as middle man.
here's the quote.

Interesting article from this morning on the waterway that runs by the possible site.

In 2007, LaGuardia Community College biology professor Dr. Sarah Durand was taking water samples off of a set of steps that lead down into Newtown Creek, when she saw something surprising.

The demands of urban life and industrialization had transformed the once vibrant salt marsh into a polluted channel, toxic enough to be designated as a Superfund site in 2009.

But there, in the partially submerged places along the steps, Durand saw something moving. Tiny planktonic creatures had floated in off the East River and settled in the shallow sediment.

To Durand, that observation was a revelation. The creek — regularly referred to as a "dead waterway" — was able to support life.​

http://www.wnyc.org/story/new-life-.../?hootPostID=13647747317389636ac2eee08f9f8d91
PSA: Do not eat anything that comes out of that creek. Do not even touch that water.

But seriously though, if CFG can contribute to a clean up effort or something to make it less gross, that would be nice. I'm not sure if the water treatment plant on the other side is still "leaking" into it, but a good way to appease any potential BS with the mayor or any potential NIMBYS would be a promise to fund cleanup plans. At least take care of the smell.

PSA: Do not eat anything that comes out of that creek. Do not even touch that water.

But seriously though, if CFG can contribute to a clean up effort or something to make it less gross, that would be nice. I'm not sure if the water treatment plant on the other side is still "leaking" into it, but a good way to appease any potential BS with the mayor or any potential NIMBYS would be a promise to fund cleanup plans. At least take care of the smell.
why, the smell is our home field advantage.

Completely spitballing here, but this seems like a perfect lot to build a larger parking garage at. Arrow #1 is the last exit on the LIE before the tunnel, and Arrow #2 is the parking site:

NiVOz6g.jpg

If we have to build it on stilts to get over the rail lines (which I am sceptical of, but w/e) then why not just build a giant car park underneath the stadium at ground level?

I Don't think those freight lines are active. I think we will or already have gotten those buildings next door on both sides. I think those deal happened quietly and that we now control it. I actually drove by here on the way to Costco(I know I am a domesticated man, its okay.) and the lot is huge. It looks like Hunts Point. This site is literally the first exit out of the midtown Tunnel or the last before the tunnel. It is VERY isolated too so we can do what we want(drink Costco booze).

They are active, but not very.

No other deal has happened. Those properties on the sides and behind haven't been sold at any point in the last few years.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam

Nobody not directly involved with a Superfund site wants to have anything to do with the cleanup. I know CFG practically prints money from their fossil fuel enterprises, but Superfunds are incredibly expensive and the liability involved is serious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and adam
If we have to build it on stilts to get over the rail lines (which I am sceptical of, but w/e) then why not just build a giant car park underneath the stadium at ground level?

It seems to me like you could route the rail lines close to the water such that they would only occupy the space underneath the south side stands. In which case, the field could be at ground level.

Then again, they might prefer it elevated to prevent damage due to the occasional flooding. Either way, any extra space would presumably be turned into retail and/or offices. Turning an existing parking lot into a larger garage seems like a better plan. I would speculate that only ~20% of fans come by car anyway, and at 2-3 people per car, that's only about 2,000 cars.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Nobody directly involved with a Superfund site wants to have anything to do with the cleanup. I know CFG practically prints money from their fossil fuel enterprises, but Superfunds are incredibly expensive and the liability involved is serious.

Most the earth just under the surface of LIC swirls around siftting contaminated soil back and forth. So you can't just dig out the bad stuff before construction. I know that to build a residential building on contaminated soil you have to dig out the ground you want to build upon, install a concrete basin and then drop 'clean' soil into the basin. That way the base soil can't get re-contaminated from the bad stuff swirling around down below the surface. If this is their site, there may be a little more time and costs involved in construction then other stadiums in the past.

It seems to me like you could route the rail lines close to the water such that they would only occupy the space underneath the south side stands. In which case, the field could be at ground level.

Then again, they might prefer it elevated to prevent damage due to the occasional flooding. Either way, any extra space would presumably be turned into retail and/or offices. Turning an existing parking lot into a larger garage seems like a better plan. I would speculate that only ~20% of fans come by car anyway, and at 2-3 people per car, that's only about 2,000 cars.
How far above the current waterline is it? Should probably build the whole thing on stilts so we can use the stadium for more than 20 or 30 years.

It's possible, but not likely due to a very low FAR (Floor Area Ratio) of the site, which is only 2. This means that since the Lot is 654' x 329' = 215,166sf, then we can build 2x that total square footage on this parcel of land. Granted, additional parcels of land will be needed for a stadium's footprint, but the adjacent lots also have an FAR of 2. The building volume can be any combination so long as it maintains the required zoning setbacks and maximum height (I haven't looked these up), so if you make a large plaza on the south size then you can take that un-built square footage and go higher in other parts. The problem being that a garage takes a lot of space up since parking spots and access lanes have minimum widths so there's no cutting corners when packing a minimum number of cars. The other variable that I don't know how it applies is the actual field area - if this doesn't count as built space since it isn't enclosed, then that's a huge plus, but if it does count (building & zoning codes are sometime strange) then that too will eat away a big chunk of what we can do.

To address your skepticism of building over the rails...... we would be purchasing/leasing the air rights of those land plots, which essentially is taking the unused FAR from them (because hey, how much construction have they done with railroad tracks) and adding it to us while also building in the air above the tracks. This is a very standard practice for developers in NYC.

Last edited: