Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Staten Island would be catastrophic. Relying on the ferry to get 20k+ would be a disaster.
Agreed. Was too busy trying to say "the city" in different ways.

I do think we will need to find a different solution between Yankee Stadium and our own stadium. Just a hunch

I just think anywhere but the area in the Bronx where yankee stadium is or somewhere in Manhattan (prob won't happen) is going to be a downgrade. Based on a potential commute and if the commute is worth the commitment to a full season package.

Oh, you're way off. Gun to my head, I'd take Columbia over Fordham or LIC. It'd have been much worse than that.
I would literally walk across the street for matches if it was Columbia, significantly reducing my current 8 minute commute to matches on Metro North

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
I would literally walk across the street for matches if it was Columbia, significantly reducing my current 8 minute commute to matches on Metro North
Making statements like that are going to doom you to a stalled train between stations in the near future.... That's like coarse salt rubbed in a festering wound.

I just think anywhere but the area in the Bronx where yankee stadium is or somewhere in Manhattan (prob won't happen) is going to be a downgrade. Based on a potential commute and if the commute is worth the commitment to a full season package.
Would you consider LIC a downgrade, with the views that location will have? I'm a pro Bronx guy, that is my number one choice, but that location will never come close to the view LIC will provide. We're talking about a view of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building, two of the most icon buildings in the country if not the world.

Making statements like that are going to doom you to a stalled train between stations in the near future.... That's like coarse salt rubbed in a festering wound.
you're big on salt in wounds lately. The bags will come, mate, I promise. Mine did. :D

Reactions: Christopher Jee
you're big on salt in wounds lately. The bags will come, mate, I promise. Mine did. :D
robin-williams.jpg

I'm sure Mena is the one delivering mine - still only has the FedEx label created- no shipping and no anticipated delivery.

And salt is just so multifunctional that the irony is fantastic - not only can good salt make a meal (I recommend salt from the Croatian town of Ston) but it can also have the opposite excruciating properties to open skin - it's like NYCFC, a vessel of great joy & utter despair that ebbs and flows like the tide.

I guess LA isn't governed by a narcissistic mayor holding the construction industry hostage and a bunch of self-serving community councilmen that have their hands held out....

And either of those are more likely to help than Community Boards.

Reactions: Kjbert
You know... here's another idea that hasn't been mentioned but has a basis in reality, not to say Etihad Island is crazy or anything.

Governor Cuomo has previously stated his intention to tear down the failing Jacob Javits center and redevelop that area. He wants to build a convention center near the Aqueduct Race track instead. Though that idea itself seems to have lost steam.

The site is large enough to hold not just a soccer stadium, but also the required parking lots. I don't think that many lots are required just because of all the parking lots in the area already servicing MSG and Penn Station.

Here's where it can get even crazier, it's no secret the city and state want to renovate Penn Station and have said they might kick MSG out in 2023, the whole thing would cost billions but you'd assume, the city, state and feds would all have to chip in.

How nuts would it be to build not just a soccer stadium, but a new MSG there as well? I checked and both RBA and the current MSG would fit on the land with enough room for a decent sized parking structure or building for retail and offices.

Ok maybe that's a little nuts, but can't be too far fetched... right?

You know... here's another idea that hasn't been mentioned but has a basis in reality, not to say Etihad Island is crazy or anything.

Governor Cuomo has previously stated his intention to tear down the failing Jacob Javits center and redevelop that area. He wants to build a convention center near the Aqueduct Race track instead. Though that idea itself seems to have lost steam.

The site is large enough to hold not just a soccer stadium, but also the required parking lots. I don't think that many lots are required just because of all the parking lots in the area already servicing MSG and Penn Station.

Here's where it can get even crazier, it's no secret the city and state want to renovate Penn Station and have said they might kick MSG out in 2023, the whole thing would cost billions but you'd assume, the city, state and feds would all have to chip in.

How nuts would it be to build not just a soccer stadium, but a new MSG there as well? I checked and both RBA and the current MSG would fit on the land with enough room for a decent sized parking structure or building for retail and offices.

Ok maybe that's a little nuts, but can't be too far fetched... right?
And it has subway service with the 7 train extension.

Reactions: adam and NYCFCfan