Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I was thinking, what about the area around 149th street/ grand concourse?

http://mapfrappe.com/?show=46258

Most of whats there is either somewhat run down brownstones, somewhat run down industrial or other things that can be worked around. The only decently sized hiccup would be the Bronx terminal market. You don't even really need to get into rerouting or otherwise making grand concourse subterranean.

You get to use all of the Yankee stadium parking as part of your plan, and your actually equidistant from the metro north stop compared to Yankee stadium. And the 149th st station is right there.

Better yet, you can fit a full metlife part 2 electric bogaloo on that space, with some spare area for a stadium entrance park.

Idk man, these guys might think they own the place if we build on top of them:

upload_2017-3-7_17-43-53.png

So, after a year away, it's nice to see that the more things change, the more they remain the same. Despite the cancellation of Cosmos Stadium, despite the reluctance of the New York Yankees, despite just about anything you can think of, we're still getting the same suggestions...
  • Fans hopelessly trying to squeeze a soccer-specific stadium into places where they don't belong. (Don't get me wrong. I was also guilty of this one.)
  • Politicians making promises they have no attention of keeping. For example, let's build a stadium in Willets Point.
  • Fans calling for heads after one game in the season.
  • Love of Jason Kreis.
It's like I was never away.
Feels good to be home.

I was thinking, what about the area around 149th street/ grand concourse?

http://mapfrappe.com/?show=46258

Most of whats there is either somewhat run down brownstones, somewhat run down industrial or other things that can be worked around. The only decently sized hiccup would be the Bronx terminal market. You don't even really need to get into rerouting or otherwise making grand concourse subterranean.

You get to use all of the Yankee stadium parking as part of your plan, and your actually equidistant from the metro north stop compared to Yankee stadium. And the 149th st station is right there.

Better yet, you can fit a full metlife part 2 electric bogaloo on that space, with some spare area for a stadium entrance park.
Can't be considered until you submit it with a RBA overlay on a map.

So, after a year away, it's nice to see that the more things change, the more they remain the same. Despite the cancellation of Cosmos Stadium, despite the reluctance of the New York Yankees, despite just about anything you can think of, we're still getting the same suggestions...
  • Fans hopelessly trying to squeeze a soccer-specific stadium into places where they don't belong. (Don't get me wrong. I was also guilty of this one.)
  • Politicians making promises they have no attention of keeping. For example, let's build a stadium in Willets Point.
  • Fans calling for heads after one game in the season.
  • Love of Jason Kreis.
It's like I was never away.
Feels good to be home.
Welcome back Mikey - good to see you.

I just don't see it... I'm sure many of those apartments have different owners. The chances of getting all of them to sell seems relatively low. There's a better shot with the GAL site and the garage.

Well considering our other plans are shot, we may as well start a long term capital acquisition program. Set up about 10-12 different company's to buy the land and make sure you're the buyer whenever something comes on the market. More importantly don't tell anyone your long term plans. Just say that you will be using the property to rent out, which you will be doing for the next 20 years.

For bonus points never use the same person to sign the contracts and negotiate for the building. Also see how many different corporate structure with different reporting requirements you can incorporate into the diagram. Be sure to include a minimum of 3 DBA's. You're not doing anything illegal, just intentionally confusing and obtuse.

Would this work over a 5-10 year timeframe? Almost certainly not. Would it work over a 20-30 year timeframe, yes probably. More importantly, it gives us a real shot at having the space for a full 80k person stadium next to one of exactly 2 locations where the main east and west side subways cross. Also it happens to have a dedicated metro north stop nearby.

Well considering our other plans are shot, we may as well start a long term capital acquisition program. Set up about 10-12 different company's to buy the land and make sure you're the buyer whenever something comes on the market. More importantly don't tell anyone your long term plans. Just say that you will be using the property to rent out, which you will be doing for the next 20 years.

For bonus points never use the same person to sign the contracts and negotiate for the building. Also see how many different corporate structure with different reporting requirements you can incorporate into the diagram. Be sure to include a minimum of 3 DBA's. You're not doing anything illegal, just intentionally confusing and obtuse.

Would this work over a 5-10 year timeframe? Almost certainly not. Would it work over a 20-30 year timeframe, yes probably. More importantly, it gives us a real shot at having the space for a full 80k person stadium next to one of exactly 2 locations where the main east and west side subways cross. Also it happens to have a dedicated metro north stop nearby.
In 30 years I'm going to be watching the games from my sofa in Boca....

In 30 years NYC may be under water #globalwarming

This is the Stadium Thread, global warming doesn't exist. It's also why they are building rockets under the stadium. In case of a natural disaster it can just take off like a space ship.

I believe much of the land that is now Palisades Park was acquired in more or less the manner you describe. One rich guy who lived on the New York side wanted to make sure his view remained unspoiled so he quietly bought up all the land.

Have we considered building the stadium underground? We could build it on the site of the old Yankee stadium and on game days retract the roof which when closed would be the existing park.

If we had the Intern index this thread for us I could have checked before posting and could have prevented duplicate thinking.

Reactions: Kjbert
Have we considered building the stadium underground? We could build it on the site of the old Yankee stadium and on game days retract the roof which when closed would be the existing park.

If we had the Intern index this thread for us I could have checked before posting and could have prevented duplicate thinking.

We already had that idea. But it rose up from below the Jackie O Reservoir. Rising up from heritage field is new.

What is this job stealing witchcraft?! We have a union guy who does this tyvm, take your scab website somewhere else buddy.

9adc0ff74eec6e162147340a184abd91.jpg

Reactions: CP_Scouse and adam
What is this job stealing witchcraft?! We have a union guy who does this tyvm, take your scab website somewhere else buddy.

9adc0ff74eec6e162147340a184abd91.jpg

We will all eventually be replaced by machines. It's just a matter of time.

Getting back on topic, I wish there was more consideration for the Inwood Railyards on 10th Ave between 205th and 215th streets. You have 2 subway lines within a 2-3 minute walk and the University Heights Metro North stop less than half a mile away. There was talk less than 2 years ago of redeveloping the railyard.

Reactions: Kjbert