• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
This isn't politics with leaks for the greater good. #STHgate

"Fishkin" does sound kinda Russian now that you mention it...

giphy.gif

He's such a RB fanboy. Ignore the underlying problems with the shit he's been watching for decades by focusing on a comparatively extremely successful club that got chopped due to extreme weather. Gotta take their shots now considering how badly their team is playing.

We had 20K season tickets by the end of season one.

Grant Wahl reported that we have 17,000 season tickets going into this year, and on Soccer-In-The-City, they reported that we were a "couple thousand" below the original 20,000.

There can be a lot of reasons why we are down a little, so to automatically say it is because of Yankee Stadium is to press an agenda. Nothing more.

Reactions: Kjbert

Grant Wahl reported that we have 17,000 season tickets going into this year, and on Soccer-In-The-City, they reported that we were a "couple thousand" below the original 20,000.

There can be a lot of reasons why we are down a little, so to automatically say it is because of Yankee Stadium is to press an agenda. Nothing more.

So, the 10-15% dip in season ticket holders is because of what? The team not being "new" anymore? I'm not trying to come across as a jerk. I'd really just like to hear your thoughts.

Reactions: Kjbert
So, the 10-15% dip in season ticket holders is because of what? The team not being "new" anymore? I'm not trying to come across as a jerk. I'd really just like to hear your thoughts.
There's a ton more possible reasons than just the lack of a stadium.
  • Maybe some people realized that their summers got busy and they weren't able to make as many games as they had planned to.
  • Maybe some realized that tickets were relatively easy to come by on secondary markets and they could do it that way instead of committing to a full 17 games.
  • Maybe the luster did rub off a bit and some simply weren't as interested any more.
  • After Year 1, its possible some didn't want to go as the team was not very strong.
  • Maybe the scheduling of games wasn't attractive (historically several night games in colder months along with many day games during the hot months.
  • Maybe some people wanted to watch Lampard play
There are a ton of other reasons than just simply, we don't have a soccer specific stadium.

There's a ton more possible reasons than just the lack of a stadium.
  • Maybe some people realized that their summers got busy and they weren't able to make as many games as they had planned to.
  • Maybe some realized that tickets were relatively easy to come by on secondary markets and they could do it that way instead of committing to a full 17 games.
  • Maybe the luster did rub off a bit and some simply weren't as interested any more.
  • After Year 1, its possible some didn't want to go as the team was not very strong.
  • Maybe the scheduling of games wasn't attractive (historically several night games in colder months along with many day games during the hot months.
  • Maybe some people wanted to watch Lampard play
There are a ton of other reasons than just simply, we don't have a soccer specific stadium.

On the flip side you have reasons why attendance should be better

• More people are aware of the team now that we're going into our 3rd season (however limited we know this still is)
  • We made the playoffs last year and we all know NYers love winners
  • Our team is much better than year 1 or 2
  • More games on FS1/UNIMAS/ESPN/FOX should be providing greater exposure and interest
  • It's by far the most wallet friendly sport in our city. I know the Yankees and Mets have inexpensive tickets but you have to sit up in the nosebleeds for those seats.

On the flip side you have reasons why attendance should be better

• More people are aware of the team now that we're going into our 3rd season (however limited we know this still is)
  • We made the playoffs last year and we all know NYers love winners
  • Our team is much better than year 1 or 2
  • More games on FS1/UNIMAS/ESPN/FOX should be providing greater exposure and interest
  • It's by far the most wallet friendly sport in our city. I know the Yankees and Mets have inexpensive tickets but you have to sit up in the nosebleeds for those seats.
Ok, but I don't understand what these things have to do with losing attendance.

For example, lets take the logic Fishkin used and pretend we gained 2k in attendance. Basically, he would be saying that the reason we gained 2k season ticket holders is because people love watching games in Yankee Stadium (and ignoring the other potential reasons).

Ok, but I don't understand what these things have to do with losing attendance.

For example, lets take the logic Fishkin used and pretend we gained 2k in attendance. Basically, he would be saying that the reason we gained 2k season ticket holders is because people love watching games in Yankee Stadium (and ignoring the other potential reasons).

Not sure I follow you on this... Been a long day so explain it to me like I was an 8 year old.

I cancelled mine, why?......Yankee Stadium. If they had a SSS or definite plans for one i prob would have stayed. Yankee Stadium is a fine temp solution but a terrible long term one and this is now becoming long term. In addition to not enjoying the game experience as much as I would at a SSS, i dont even enjoy the TV experience. The field is so small it changes the game for the worse. I look forward to away matches. Lack of SSS is making it difficult to even watch these guys at home. Something needs to happen ASAP or we will have 15K season ticket holders next year.