Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Not all fans live within the city limits. Just a quick scan of the Support Factions forum, it looks like most of the factions are from outside of NYC. My guess it that us "silly suburb dwellers" will make up a large portion of the fan base.
You get that I was making a joke, right? That's why I even used an emoticon, which I absolutely loathe doing.

But if you want another debate, here's a thought: We (anyone who will read this message) aren't very representative of the general fanbase/attendee population. The overwhelming majority of people who attend games will never visit a dedicated forum such as this one.

You get that I was making a joke, right? That's why I even used an emoticon, which I absolutely loathe doing.

Hahah, yeah I know you were busting my chops. ;)

But if you want another debate, here's a thought: We (anyone who will read this message) aren't very representative of the general fanbase/attendee population. The overwhelming majority of people who attend games will never visit a dedicated forum such as this one.

Agreed.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
source?i want to see an old fashioned looking stadium, similar to anfield

There's no way that NYCFC would build a stadium in the early 20th century style. The square grounds may be well-liked and create good atmosphere but they are hopelessly outdated in other aspects, such as maximum capacity and the concourse layout under the stands. Realistically, bowl stadiums are the accepted standard these days and a bowl is what will be built.

It's like classic cars, really. Loads of people love the classics - E-type Jaguars, the old Porsche Carreras, the classic Yank Tank Chevys and so on - but seriously, could you ever picture one of those companies throwing away modern designs to start putting those models back on the showrooms floors as their actual sale models? Would never happen, they are a thing of the past and will stay that way.

There's no way that NYCFC would build a stadium in the early 20th century style. The square grounds may be well-liked and create good atmosphere but they are hopelessly outdated in other aspects, such as maximum capacity and the concourse layout under the stands. Realistically, bowl stadiums are the accepted standard these days and a bowl is what will be built.

It's like classic cars, really. Loads of people love the classics - E-type Jaguars, the old Porsche Carreras, the classic Yank Tank Chevys and so on - but seriously, could you ever picture one of those companies throwing away modern designs to start putting those models back on the showrooms floors as their actual sale models? Would never happen, they are a thing of the past and will stay that way.
the Mets fashioned Citi Field after an old design.
and a bowl design would be too big, similar to an american football stadium. a rectangular design would be perfect

If the person that told me doesn't know the truth, then no one does

Reactions: ozgie
the Mets fashioned Citi Field after an old design.
and a bowl design would be too big, similar to an american football stadium. a rectangular design would be perfect

Unless of course they build a smaller bowl design... Bowl doesn't automatically mean huge. MetLife seats
82,566, Red Bull Arena has 25,000. Both bowl designs but nowhere near the same size.

Drainyoo. I'm out on Long Island too. Any chance I can get a ride to games in your flying car that makes it in only 20 min?
I'm in Floral Park. Not bad driving..... Realistically 25 minutes with no accidents. Might arrange a group van with local bar. LIRR to Penn then subway when alcohol is involved, 90 minutes with a pit stop (Stout,Trax,Blarney). All things considered the location is OK!