Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Sure there is public transportation out at Aqueduct, but you need to change somewhere else to get there.

If you live in Fairfield or Westchester, there is a Yankee Stadium stop on Metro North on Gamedays. If you live in Manhattan, it is on the subway. If you live in NJ, it's Penn Station and the Subway.

To get to Queens, you need to go Penn Station then make two changes? Or from Westchester/Fairfield, Grand Central and two changes?

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Sure there is public transportation out at Aqueduct, but you need to change somewhere else to get there.

If you live in Fairfield or Westchester, there is a Yankee Stadium stop on Metro North on Gamedays. If you live in Manhattan, it is on the subway. If you live in NJ, it's Penn Station and the Subway.

To get to Queens, you need to go Penn Station then make two changes? Or from Westchester/Fairfield, Grand Central and two changes?
A train goes to Penn station.

Maybe this is all just a decoy to have the people at GAL to accept a deal. I also don't like that I'm seeing on twitter that the Yankees may only want to put up with the club playing there for 1 season??

Maybe this is all just a decoy to have the people at GAL to accept a deal. I also don't like that I'm seeing on twitter that the Yankees may only want to put up with the club playing there for 1 season??
I am sure the yankees wont put up with them their for 4 or 5 years. I heard rumors of a temp facility in Westchester if nothing gets worked out. That is why I think whatever is the easiest to get done needs to be where the SSS stadium goes. A temp stadium in the burbs with no transit would suck.

So this guy thinks we should team up with the Cosmos.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/pursue-shared-stadium-28833/

Putting aside the location issue (I don't think there will be much enthusiasm here for a Long Island stadium), I'm not sure an alliance with the Cosmos makes sense for NYCFC. While you want more tenants in a stadium, NYCFC could very easily team with the NWSL & Sky Blue (and there have been reported talks to that effect) and get another tenant to fill dates. Juggling three teams who will all need weekend dates to maximize their ticket sales seems unwise.

Now, this does make sense for the Cosmos who have to be realizing that NYCFC's stadium is going to get priority over their proposal from the state legislature. But I'm not sure that's mutual.

I don't see how that would benefit NYCFC. They can get a stadium done without the Cosmos. On the other hand, this greatly benefits the Cosmos. No deal.

I don't see how that would benefit NYCFC. They can get a stadium done without the Cosmos. On the other hand, this greatly benefits the Cosmos. No deal.

Yeah. And you know, it would make a difference if the Cosmos folks were welcoming of NYCFC. I get why they're not, but they've made it clear they want NYCFC to fail. So let them have fun playing in front of empty stands in Hofstra till they fold.

yep.gif

So im sorry if this has been asked and answered already (i feel like it probably has) but the fields that NYU and Columbia play, is the footprint too small for those to be expanded into a full sized stadium?

Reactions: Kjbert
No matter where they build the stadium, even if it's in Westchester or NJ, I will always keep my season tickets. I will make less games, but supporting the team is important to me and my plan is to keep these seats in my family for a long time so my kids can give them to their kids.

same here! Day One to the last day.

Reactions: Kevin
Fair enough.

Also just occurred to me, we are going to hear aircraft taking off/landing the entire game, every game.

Not too much, most flights go over Howard Beach, I use to go to PS 146 and the planes would be so low, you could make out who had window seats if you were on the 3rd floor.

nothing was worse then living in Broad Channel, Howard Beach or Rockaways in the 1980's...when the concord would take off!

I'm really starting to get a sinking feeling about this, granted it was never going to be easy but almost two years in and the team is back to square one? I wouldn't be surprised to see the team playing on some college campus till this all gets straightened out.

I'm really starting to get a sinking feeling about this, granted it was never going to be easy but almost two years in and the team is back to square one? I wouldn't be surprised to see the team playing on some college campus till this all gets straightened out.

This wasn't going to be easy. It isn't easy for teams that are already playing, even if they good fans and a good record (See United, D.C.) Now that the team has players and will be playing soon, has ticket holders, etc. It becomes a more pressing issue for the powers that be in the government to make it happen.

To some extent I wish they would have had a stadium site setup first, maybe just to make things a little easier going forward. Could we be looking at 2 seasons at a temp home? Even if they break ground in the next month (highly unlikely) will they have it completed in a years time? I'm hoping by the time the season starts they have and have announced a site for the stadium so we can move in for 2016.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
To some extent I wish they would have had a stadium site setup first, maybe just to make things a little easier going forward. Could we be looking at 2 seasons at a temp home? Even if they break ground in the next month (highly unlikely) will they have it completed in a years time? I'm hoping by the time the season starts they have and have announced a site for the stadium so we can move in for 2016.
No way it will be ready for 2016 even if they literally get approval on a site tomorrow. You don't just break ground you have to design and file first. Even design build will be 2 years minimum.

No way it will be ready for 2016 even if they literally get approval on a site tomorrow. You don't just break ground you have to design and file first. Even design build will be 2 years minimum.

I think it took Mets about 2 seasons to build Citi, I could see it done in less than 2 years, since it will be a little smaller, but don't think it could be done by the first game of 2016, maybe mid-season.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
You know you don't have to have season tickets to support the team. I have no intention of getting a season ticket no matter where they locate the stadium. It's a bit of a trip from Connecticut , most of the games are Saturday night which is not always convenient to non soccer social life etc. People seem to be talking on here like the only two options are season ticket or ignore the team. I'd plan on coming to 1 to 5 games a season no matter where the stadium is and watch the rest on telly and wouldn't feel any less of a fan. I consider myself a big Rangers fan but don't go down to the Garden often and an even bigger Buffalo Bills NFL fan but I hardly ever attend a live American football game.

Not true. I learned on this board that to be a true fan, you need to: Sit in the supporter's section, have season tickets and go to every game and, most importantly, don't ever be critical of the team.