Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
If this is being considered as a real solution, it means that several of us here were lied to to our faces

Which would suck so much....if so then I hope we win something before moving out of YS and then just go every once in awhile certainly no weekday games no way I get there in time during rush hour

Reactions: Kjbert
The only part of this Bid that has me miffed, because I do feel like CFG is simply going through the motions to show they're playing ball, is their partner in the Bid, Related. Why would Related go through the motions if their partner isn't interested, unless:
A. Related isn't interested and they're going through the motions to stay in good graces with either the state or CFG for a future partnership.
B. They aren't worried about CFG bowing out because they have a fallback concept to go it alone, or a backup partner to fill the slot (with a different plan).

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Unless the headline is way off and CFG is bidding on some part of the project - affordable housing, parkland, Academy, etc.

The only part of this Bid that has me miffed, because I do feel like CFG is simply going through the motions to show they're playing ball, is their partner in the Bid, Related. Why would Related go through the motions if their partner isn't interested, unless:
A. Related isn't interested and they're going through the motions to stay in good graces with either the state or CFG for a future partnership.
B. They aren't worried about CFG bowing out because they have a fallback concept to go it alone, or a backup partner to fill the slot (with a different plan).
C. They are receiving a paycheck to perform consulting services in regards to the bid.

Does anyone think that they (NYCFC) rehash these stories every month or two just to pacify fans and make it look like they're doing something?

I for one feel like we'll still be talking about rumors of possible stadium sites a year from now. Put it on the board.
I don't think this is NYCFC (or the "FO") rehashing this story. IMHO, I think this is a case of the club checking some boxes and attempting to put some pressure on other situations. The reason this ultimately comes out is because people figure this shit out and report on it, nothing more than that.

It would be a much bigger surprise to me (and more disturbing IMO) if instead we found out months later that we had put a bid in at Belmont.

Maybe NYCFC was promised Willets West & Related Willets Point as a joint Staduim/affordable housing proposal. But as a favor, both were asked to help bid up the Islanders at Belmont first.

I always thought that was a perfect spot. It's so close to a major transportation hub in the Jamaica station.

It's about 1 hour from me via public transportation, 2 trains. An 11 minute walk from the final spot in Queens on the E.

Reactions: Kjbert
If NYCFC ends up in Belmont, than they are no better than the Red Bulls who would actually be closer to Manhattan.

Giving NYCFC a free pass into MLS, then ending up in the boondocks is pointless.

It will end up being like Chicago or Dallas or Philly and you can see what being in the sticks did for them.

MLS will have kicked an own goal if this transpires.

Last edited:
As a Long Islander, this would be a dream because of the proximity to Jamaica station (Archer Ave/JFK/Stuphin Blvd stop on the subway) which is LIRR's main transfer hub. All but one line pass through it.

The E, J, Z access is nice, but honestly taking the E that far (Jamaica Center is the last stop) is a friggn nightmare. Especially during the middle of the week. You think the 4 is crowded during rush hour? Not many people who ride the J/Z that far live to tell the tale.

Also, it's in between two stations which means there's a bit of a walk and that's not really a neighborhood people would want to walk through.

It's more than large enough at 15 acres, it's a nicely shaped trapezoid and it is near public transit. And yet it's still too long of a trip for most people. I think this would make a very nice backup location in case Willets falls through.

Can we get a RBA overlay on the Elmhurst Dairy site?
No.

DairyStadium.png

I give them props for thinking outside of the box, but this site is really outside of normally traveled routes. A quick google directions has me taking a subway to Atlantic Yards to transfer to the LIRR - that's a non-starter with the extra ticket costs.

Why have they played everything so close to the chest, but now all of a sudden all of this information is released? Very confusing.

Also people need to stop complaining individually how far a potential site is from you. Nobody cares. We all come from all over the place and the club will not satisfy everyone. If you love the club you’ll be there.

That being said Belmont should be the last option just for logistics of the distance of the training center and lack of transportation options.