Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Probably good as America continues to reinforce its plutocracy.
And by America, you mean Gilead?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Kjbert
Given how infrequently Crowley was connected to this project (if he ever was a single time), hard to see how it matters at all.

Pretty certain that no iteration of this was every getting Federal funding...

His loss has no direct effect. It's possible there may be reverberations, however, if he also chooses this opportunity to step down as Queens County Democratic Chair. He is (or was) a kingmaker in Queens and across the city, and has not typically had much interest in ideology. If there's a power vacuum, and folks like Ocasio-Cortez who value ideology and position taking much more gain sway, the folks on the Council who have no qualms about transactional politics, like the kind you might get with a stadium, may start to have second thoughts if they feel threatened by this same wave.

So yeah, this is all just speculation right now, but it's anchored in a realistic possible future.

I hope this trend of Bernie/Sandinista candidates gaining power in the Democratic party continues to accelerate. It will be great for the Republican party.....if they can stay out of their own way.

I hope this trend of Bernie/Sandinista candidates gaining power in the Democratic party continues to accelerate. It will be great for the Republican party.....if they can stay out of their own way.

It won't happen, but the Democratic Party will become too left and the Republican Party will become too right and Trump, and we may get a third major party in this country that centrist. And maybe we get a stadium too down the line.

Let's keep this on the stadium and stadium politics though and not just general politics.

The Bernie Bros and Trumpinistas are closer than traditional Dems and traditional Rs
Tear it down vs Status quo with kabuki theatre

I largely don't buy the premise that most establishment D vs R conflict is kabuki theatre, but could see why many do.

I largely don't buy the premise that most establishment D vs R conflict is kabuki theatre, but could see why many do.

I think the Bernie Bros and Trumpinistas are both in the burn it down camp and that's why they are closer. Political leanings are more a circle than a left and right to me.

I think the Bernie Bros and Trumpinistas are both in the burn it down camp and that's why they are closer. Political leanings are more a circle than a left and right to me.
Please please PLEASE stop talking politics that do not directly affect the club/league.

Zilch, nada, nothing..... unless there are mass riots going on in the streets and the post is to either advise us to lock our doors or to pick up our pitch forks to join in. And even then, think twice before posting.

The only thing we're missing here is for somebody to say "there's very fine people on both sides". Pleeease somebody say it, then I'll know I have landed in the USA...

Reactions: Kjbert