Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
We could get killed in an expansion draft.

My projected 10 protected:

Maxi (FA) Parks (Loan over) Ofori (FA)
1. Mitri, 2. Johnson, 3. Isi, 4. Ring, 5. Taty, 6. Callens, 7. Chanot, 8. Tin, 9. Heber, 10. Sands

Exposed:
GMS
Haak
Miller
JPT
Medina
Scally
Baraza
Rocha
Seba
Stuver
Sweat
Mata
Ex the hg players, I could live with losing any of those players.

Ex the hg players, I could live with losing any of those players.

I edited out the HGs because they are protected. If I were GM, I'd probably protect GMS as #10 and then expect to lose 1 of our LBs (mata or sweat). We need to sign a better LB anyway, and the leftover player will hopefully become the backup.

Reactions: Kjbert
Don't want to quote everyone above who responded to my post... so i'll just answer here.

I wasn't aware that MLS was limiting games to 34 and just scheduling things differently next year. IF this is the case, please point me to the published article that outlines the new schedule for 2020. I assumed with 2 new teams next year in the East, we'd get 2 additional home games but now that I think about it, it wouldn't really make much sense if we had to play a total of 4 additional games in the east vs only 2 additional games if you're from the west.

Anyway, I just thought they're be additional games to worry about considering there are more teams to worry about. Whether or not they're splitting the conferences into divisions, I think it's a bit early for them to do that, especially with Garber looking to expand to 30 teams.
I haven't seen anything to suggest that the conferences will be unbalanced by 2 teams next year. And also haven't seen anything to suggest that more games will be added.

I don't have an article to point to that outlines the schedule for 2020, and have not seen anything on the contrary either.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the conferences will be unbalanced by 2 teams next year. And also haven't seen anything to suggest that more games will be added.

I don't have an article to point to that outlines the schedule for 2020, and have not seen anything on the contrary either.

guess we'll just have to wait and see the debacle that awaits us next year :)

No shit Sherlock. We knew about that crap months ago.

That being said, we could still host MLS Cup at Yankee Stadium. Rutgers football match was scratched at Yankee Stadium due to the Yankees postseason run.

what about the darmouth v princeton game i thnk thats literally the day before MLS CUP

i think we all commentated on this for a while before

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
guess we'll just have to wait and see the debacle that awaits us next year :)
We've been at 34 games through several rounds of expansion. No reason to think this time will be different. Plus we, and other teams, are already selling season tickets based on a 17 game season.
Basically, its safe to assume a 34 game season next year.

giphy.gif

what about the darmouth v princeton game i thnk thats literally the day before MLS CUP

i think we all commentated on this for a while before

Could the Yankees muster up the courage to tell Dartmouth/Princeton that your game has to be scrapped from Yankee Stadium because NYCFC is hosting MLS Cup? Sure.

Would they? Probably not.

Could the Yankees muster up the courage to tell Dartmouth/Princeton that your game has to be scrapped from Yankee Stadium because NYCFC is hosting MLS Cup? Sure.

Would they? Probably not.
you would think more attendance and exposure with MLS Cup. I think if the Pigeons make it, they are moving that football game.

you would think more attendance and exposure with MLS Cup. I think if the Pigeons make it, they are moving that football game.
Not sure the team benefits from MLS Cup home ticket revenue -- I believe the final is MLS' game, not the club's.

Unfortunately I think you're discounting how much more massively popular college football, even shitty college football, is than MLS soccer.

I think in New York that a Princeton vs. Dartmouth football match is bigger than MLS Cup.

Reactions: SanBartG and Ulrich