Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
There was the board member of the Whitney who resigned in July amid increasing protests (and art exhibits within the museum) highlighting his company's role selling military products around the world... including tear gas used against migrants recently at the southern border.
Yeah but the dynamics of that situation were quite different. Essentially the artists withdrew their work in protest IIRC. The equivalent in this case would be having the players go on strike unless ownership changed or agreed to stop violating human rights.

Not really sure how things would play out here if at all.

That's at least twice you've asserted as fact that progressives will object to stadium subsidies whether or not they exist with zero evidence. Bark up some other tree.

fairly safe assumption based on the rhetoric we’ve heard from some on the left. Do we KNOW they will object? No. Can we make a reasonable assumption they will- YES.

Reactions: hatt91

RESA NYC meeting w/ Greg McGunagle at Savills hosted by Bill Montana to discuss how to better leverage RESA's awesome events, including our annual takeover of AUDI AG club for New York City Football Club (NYCFC) where we our owner/operator/developer guests heard from Brad Sims CEO of NYCFC about their real estate including the training facility in Orangeburg, NY & their new stadium which could be developed anywhere in NYC...

With all this talk of teams outside the city moving downtown, I’m curious of the chances that we end up sharing our stadium with the Red Bulls.
If we get our stadium on our own and then open the door to sharing with RB to make an extra buck for CFG i would immediately write to the club to tell them I'm cancelling my season tickets (not that they'd care with the massive wave of subscriptions it will bring). This is not Giants/Jets or Yankees/mets dynamic where you rib the other guys that we are the better NYC team. They are direct divisional rivals. They want to see us fail. No way we should ever give them a lifeline to grow their fan base in opposition to us. They should be left to wither on the vine in jersey.

My only worry is if they claim the RB being added to the deal would be the only way we get approval, i.e getting double use out of the venue for double the jobs. I might still have to quit being a STH in protest on account that I am skeptical that we would need RB and they they are just saying they needed to include them (who would ever know the truth besides insiders). Only way I might consider staying is if it were located in Queens. So if anyone at CFG is reading this DO NOT BRING IN RB , but DO BUILD IN QUEENS PLS!

Reactions: Jock and adam
If we get our stadium on our own and then open the door to sharing with RB to make an extra buck for CFG i would immediately write to the club to tell them I'm cancelling my season tickets (not that they'd care with the massive wave of subscriptions it will bring). This is not Giants/Jets or Yankees/mets dynamic where you rib the other guys that we are the better NYC team. They are direct divisional rivals. They want to see us fail. No way we should ever give them a lifeline to grow their fan base in opposition to us. They should be left to wither on the vine in jersey.

My only worry is if they claim the RB being added to the deal would be the only way we get approval, i.e getting double use out of the venue for double the jobs. I might still have to quit being a STH in protest on account that I am skeptical that we would need RB and they they are just saying they needed to include them (who would ever know the truth besides insiders). Only way I might consider staying is if it were located in Queens. So if anyone at CFG is reading this DO NOT BRING IN RB , but DO BUILD IN QUEENS PLS!
So RB would abandon the very nice stadium that they own and move two river-crossings away from their fan base because...?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
So RB would abandon the very nice stadium that they own and move two river-crossings away from their fan base because...?
Cause its 10 years old, and its in jersey. And in 10 years when we are ready to build ours it'll be 20 years old and still in jersey..... and i don't have a flood map on hand but I'm willing to bet global warming isn't going to be kind to jersey.

Do they own it? Didn’t they sell/give it back to Harrison in some convoluted agreement?
Indeed, they did. There was a dispute over whether the Red Bulls had to pay property taxes on the arena. The Red Bulls lost and then lost on appeal. Prior to a hearing at the NJ Supreme Court, the parties agreed to mediation. The result was that the Red Bulls transferred the property to a government agency and agreed to pay rent. The lease runs out in 2038 with the club holding extensions through 2058.

ETA: Of course the real laugher is that the MetroStars wanted to build a stadium in downtown Newark on the Passaic River waterfront. Instead, the local government spent $30 million to subsidize a baseball stadium for an unaffiliated minor league team figuring that would be more popular. Fast forward, the minor league team folded in 2013, and the stadium was demolished last month. The arena that the MetroStars wanted to build on the site still stands directly across the river in Harrison.

Last edited:
Indeed, they did. There was a dispute over whether the Red Bulls had to pay property taxes on the arena. The Red Bulls lost and then lost on appeal. Prior to a hearing at the NJ Supreme Court, the parties agreed to mediation. The result was that the Red Bulls transferred the property to a government agency and agreed to pay rent. The lease runs out in 2038 with the club holding extensions through 2058.

They really should complain to their landlord about the trash smell then...

Cause its 10 years old, and its in jersey. And in 10 years when we are ready to build ours it'll be 20 years old and still in jersey..... and i don't have a flood map on hand but I'm willing to bet global warming isn't going to be kind to jersey.
Interesting. Maybe it could work, especially if they can get the Jets to leave MetLife.

I also saw somethign related to corona flushing meadow park

they opened up fields a lot of places today. it's a great thing. i wish i lived within walking distance to one that's located in a park. i'd take advantage of that.

there's a turf field in chinatown where they hold the steve nash charity event every year. i've been tempted to go there but it's kinda far.

they opened up fields a lot of places today. it's a great thing. i wish i lived within walking distance to one that's located in a park. i'd take advantage of that.

there's a turf field in chinatown where they hold the steve nash charity event every year. i've been tempted to go there but it's kinda far.
Where do you live? Manhattan is pretty stacked pitchwise.