Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The Interborough Express is LONG overdue. Big shout out to the new Gov for really pushing this.

Wonder if there are any spots along the way that can realistically host a stadium...

Reactions: Kjbert
Good project, and long overdue. And I'd say a Jackson Heights terminus is definitely close enough to help us a lot.

Can't help but keep coming back to Willets Point. From a business perspective, it just checks so many boxes. Add in a comprehensive public transportation plan and it's lights out.

But hey, if the Yankees and CB4 and all the other stakeholders all get together and sing 'Kumbaya' and we finally get movement on GAL, I'm fine with that too. Just get a damn shovel in the ground.

Now they need that same express to also run to the bronx. Imagine being able to get from queens to the bronx and vice versa by train. Without going through manhattan!
If Metro-North wasn't already moving ahead with their plan to use the Bronx Amtrak tracks to get to Penn Station, they could have been used to do exactly this. Hochul said there would be too much traffic added to those lines to use them.

The Interborough Express is LONG overdue. Big shout out to the new Gov for really pushing this.

Wonder if there are any spots along the way that can realistically host a stadium...

Someday, Broadway Junction is going to get a huge development with an anchor project. So many transit options (A, C, J, Z, LIRR) and this Interborough line adds another.

I don't think parking minimum regulations have anything to do with the number of parking spots the Yankees want in the garages. Nor can I think of any other connection of this to a potential stadium,

I don't think parking minimum regulations have anything to do with the number of parking spots the Yankees want in the garages. Nor can I think of any other connection of this to a potential stadium,
From what I've been able to gather, parking minimums aren't a factor in the area around Yankee Stadium. Everything is contractual rather than statutory. If there were any minimums in the zoning, the available spots so far exceeded them they aren't even mentioned.

This is a quick summary of the bond severance proposal (which is pretty clever). It includes a little history of the lots:

CB4_BPDC_History_Memo_4_7_2021.pdf (nyc.gov)

From what I've been able to gather, parking minimums aren't a factor in the area around Yankee Stadium. Everything is contractual rather than statutory. If there were any minimums in the zoning, the available spots so far exceeded them they aren't even mentioned.

This is a quick summary of the bond severance proposal (which is pretty clever). It includes a little history of the lots:

CB4_BPDC_History_Memo_4_7_2021.pdf (nyc.gov)
My man Kevin BRINGS RECEIPTS!

By the way, while looking for info on the parking situation I came across this story, with some nice data (apologies if someone has already posted it): the parking lots averaged 36 percent utilization in 2018. The usual number of spots occupied for Yankees home games is around 3,500.

The deal Bronx CB4 was going to vote on would have included 5,182 spots; the Yankees changed the terms sheet to insist on 5,500 spots, which also would have necessitated valet parking for some of the spots -- an added cost.

In other words, they blew up the deal over 318 parking spots they don't even need.

I don't know why they'd take 20 percent of a franchise and then do everything they can to screw it up, but it's really hard to not conclude they're sabotaging this stadium on purpose. CFG needs to push them out the door and find a real dance partner.

NYCFC stadium deal for South Bronx in limbo – Bronx Times (bxtimes.com)

I saw a post on Twitter today saying something along the lines of Eric Adams wants NYCFC stadium in Bronx. Anyone happen to stumble upon that? It was like a picture posted with a quote

I saw a post on Twitter today saying something along the lines of Eric Adams wants NYCFC stadium in Bronx. Anyone happen to stumble upon that? It was like a picture posted with a quote
There were several articles in mid-December about his interest in a stadium. I assume this is something new?

By the way, while looking for info on the parking situation I came across this story, with some nice data (apologies if someone has already posted it): the parking lots averaged 36 percent utilization in 2018. The usual number of spots occupied for Yankees home games is around 3,500.

The deal Bronx CB4 was going to vote on would have included 5,182 spots; the Yankees changed the terms sheet to insist on 5,500 spots, which also would have necessitated valet parking for some of the spots -- an added cost.

In other words, they blew up the deal over 318 parking spots they don't even need.

I don't know why they'd take 20 percent of a franchise and then do everything they can to screw it up, but it's really hard to not conclude they're sabotaging this stadium on purpose. CFG needs to push them out the door and find a real dance partner.

NYCFC stadium deal for South Bronx in limbo – Bronx Times (bxtimes.com)
We pulled parking data from 2015 to use here: https://theoutfield.substack.com/p/stuck-in-park

Attachments

• BD0876E4-3C1C-45A4-9C8C-57E900C2E08E.png
    BD0876E4-3C1C-45A4-9C8C-57E900C2E08E.png
    313.9 KB · Views: 6