Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Don't even care much anymore. I think we're pretty much going to be in the same boat as New England. Maybe we'll eventually play a home match at every MLS stadium in the league.

Bronx, Queens, Harrison, East Hartford, Los Angeles.

Long live Wanderers FC.

Reactions: Kjbert

What are our chances at converting the Kingsbridge Armory into a SSS? The architecture would look incredible imo.
I'm so pissed about the Kingsbridge Armory. Was supposed to have a curling club with dedicated ice up and running in 2017.

What are our chances at converting the Kingsbridge Armory into a SSS? The architecture would look incredible imo.

supposedly the deal fell apart because the financing wasn’t secured. Wouldn’t be a problem with CFG…

ok has somebody superimposed RBA over the site?

Lol

Also there are 3 pages of "kingsbridge" results in the forum, including several posts of poor SoupInNYC SoupInNYC being all enthusiastic about the curling center.

PS that articles about the history of the site and the failure to develop it is depressing. Not just because of the stadium analogies but the whole NYC dysfunctional government stuff.
/sigh

supposedly the deal fell apart because the financing wasn’t secured. Wouldn’t be a problem with CFG…

Yeah, the project was super stalled because of government (and financial institution) red tape bureaucracy if I am recalling correctly.

Basically, the bank wouldn't provide the financing until the developers had the lease and the city wouldn't provide the lease to the developers until they had the financing. Real chicken and egg scenario.

Reactions: Kjbert and canchon
SoupInNYC SoupInNYC used to frequent there until he started spending all of his free time stadium sleuthing.
I curled for a bit at Lakeside at Prospect Park which was cool, but the ice is terrible since it's outdoor hockey ice. Then did a season at Ardsley while I basically had a rental car all the time for my job and could take advantage of it.

Great club, but really hard to get to unless you have a vehicle.

Lol
Thanks for saving me the effort of looking that one up!

Reactions: mgarbowski