Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I have my doubts about Icahn Stadium too, although I'd swim to Randall's Island from Albany if it meant we didn't have to play in RBA any longer. :p

I'm watching the Red Bulls right now and I can't help but have this overwhelmingly negative visceral reaction. It's not just the team; I don't like Philadelphia or Columbus either, but never feel this way. It's the way the Red Bulls carry their park. At least on television it always seems so forced and second-rate.

Plus, you know, they suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: JayH
Did a tweet thread addressing some questions that have come up regarding the Harlem River Yards. I’ve also obtained a few additional rendering/planning images and included one rendering image I really enjoyed in here.

That stadium rendering is interesting.
On one hand, i always hate that look for a stadium... but on the other hand, the open design of the floor plan looks rather intriguing

I'm just not a fan of the tarped toilet bowl look for stadiums personally, but hey, any stadium would be better than no stadium lol
Dig that. But we all know we have no idea what the design will actually look like. A lot depends on the engineering.

Personally, I would love to see a good ol' square urban park with steep stands almost right on top of the pitch. A real old-fashioned lion's den, like back in the day.

Good luck coming in there.

But hey, anything will do. And I have a lot of confidence in our organization getting it right. I'm sure everything has been thought through pretty thoroughly. Lord knows they've had enough time to think of everything.

Reactions: Statler
When I saw that rendering on Soup's Twitter thread, I thought about the visual of a distinctive stadium sitting on that river, visible from the Triborough Bridge, the Willis Ave Bridge, the Third Ave Bridge, maybe the Metro North crossing, the Major Degan Expressway, and from the shoreline. That's a great advertisement for the Club all by itself.

That would mean at least four years in a temp stadium, because a 2026 opening is not happening.
If Hudson yards is a real thing and it's announced/ground broken by end of year (hah! likelihood on that....), a 2026 opening isn't out of the cards. And even if not 2026, a 2027 opening which would probably still be carrying over the world cup hype.