Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
If Hudson yards is a real thing and it's announced/ground broken by end of year (hah! likelihood on that....), a 2026 opening isn't out of the cards. And even if not 2026, a 2027 opening which would probably still be carrying over the world cup hype.

My comment on 2026 wasn't speculation about the timing, but direct info on the project from someone involved. It's the only info I got though...

If Hudson yards is a real thing and it's announced/ground broken by end of year (hah! likelihood on that....), a 2026 opening isn't out of the cards. And even if not 2026, a 2027 opening which would probably still be carrying over the world cup hype.
Harlem* River Yards.

I suppose a 2026 opening could happen, but it would likely not be by the beginning of the season. They would need to find ways to shorten the schedule from the original proposal (assuming that HRY does end up being the spot) to even make any time in 2026 happen.

have to remember this is NYC... when does construction on anything get done on time and on budget?

What is the point of this guy's annoying teasers other than to suggest that he may know something that he's unwilling to share?
Now in 2 languages:

Translation:
IT'S HAPPENING NEW YORKERS!​
I don't want to play with anyone's feelings. And I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes, but it seems that now I do. It's happening. Is now. It's going to happen, ladies and gentlemen. In this regard, I will soon write something in the newsletter. At last!​

At this point we can't tell if there's 3 guys working off the same source, multiple sources, or 1 guy with a source and 2 guys writing vague copycat material. And that doesn't even get us to the point where we judge the reliability of the source(s).

Now in 2 languages:

Translation:
IT'S HAPPENING NEW YORKERS!​
I don't want to play with anyone's feelings. And I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes, but it seems that now I do. It's happening. Is now. It's going to happen, ladies and gentlemen. In this regard, I will soon write something in the newsletter. At last!​

At this point we can't tell if there's 3 guys working off the same source, multiple sources, or 1 guy with a source and 2 guys writing vague copycat material. And that doesn't even get us to the point where we judge the reliability of the source(s).

he normally is in the know for USMNT player transfers etc in Spanish but I don’t know if he knows something else or just the same info known so far. He is a little sensationalist though at least in other tweets I have seen of him on other topics.

How many of our STH live outside of the 4 boroughs?

Lol, I see what you did there.

I'm in lower Westchester. I live right next to the Bronx River Parkway so I can take that all the way down to 278 and then go over the bridge to Randall's Island. Without traffic it would be just about 30 minutes. Pretty dang easy for me, but obviously it could be more of a hassle for those not in as convenient of a location. Also, Randall's Island doesn't have much parking as it is though I obviously don't know if it's possible for them to add more if needed. Of course I would prefer to take public transit over driving (I currently take Metro-North to Yankee Stadium), but if it is only temporary for a season or two (or three or four) then it's not too bad.

Last edited:
87 starts backing up around the 180s. Getting to Randall’s island is going to be a lositical nightmare for people. Even New York City folks. How do you get there from queens or SoHo?

Reactions: canchon
Maybe Randall’s island is for the playoffs if the Yanks and Mets both keep doing well.

I’m just lolling at the thought of Twitter and Reddit mls exploding over a potential MLS cup in a makeshift temporary stadium on a high school track site.
it’s actually a world class track facility which holds professional high level competition. It’s way more then a high school track. Which is why I find it surprising they would do so much work to potentially damage the facilities.

edit: to add onto this, in case anyone doesn’t believe me, Usain Bolt set what was at the time the 100m world record at Icahn Stadium. Also they’ve added scaffolding seats for these big professional track meets, which I have sat in. The biggest gripe most people will have is being farther from the pitch, but again, it’s temporary. I am ok with that.

Last edited:
87 starts backing up around the 180s. Getting to Randall’s island is going to be a lositical nightmare for people. Even New York City folks. How do you get there from queens or SoHo?
Funny enough from where I live in Queens it would really only take me 10 or so minutes longer to get to Icahn. 7 to 4 to M35 bus. It really isn’t THAT horrible if you’re taking public transport. Far from ideal, but for a temporary home I can deal with it

edit: it probably does really suck if you’re not taking public transport tho

Reactions: Kjbert
it’s actually a world class track facility which holds professional high level competition. It’s way more then a high school track. Which is why I find it surprising they would do so much work to potentially damage the facilities.
Who knows. Maybe they found their White (Phil) Knight. After we're gone, they have an upgraded facility that puts it back on the map.

Reactions: Kjbert and twsj91
Who knows. Maybe they found their White (Phil) Knight. After we're gone, they have an upgraded facility that puts it back on the map.
Very true. I can’t speak for the concessions, but the actual track is a world class surface. But you’re right. We rent it for a few years, add more concessions, bathrooms etc… and eventually when we’re done with it place another new track surface with all the upgrades I think the city and everyone else would be ok with that.

Reactions: Kjbert