Take me out with the crowd;
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, yellow cards, you're out,
At the old ball game.
"for it's yellow, yellow, red card, you're out"

I'm going to suggest a contrary possibility about which I can never be proven wrong.
I think CFG will try to get a more locally prominent domestic sponsor for the stadium. It's not the most important piece of marketing, but naming the stadium after an airline that almost nobody in NYC or even the US cares about or uses just reinforces the otherness of soccer and the team and the league to a city that mostly doesn't care about any of it.
That said, if no potential sponsor is willing to come close to the Etihad subsidy, they'll end up with Etihad. But that won't mean CFG didn't try, which is why I cannot be proven wrong. So yes it's a courage-free observation rather than a prediction out on a limb, but it is what I believe.

I'm going to suggest a contrary possibility about which I can never be proven wrong.
I think CFG will try to get a more locally prominent domestic sponsor for the stadium. It's not the most important piece of marketing, but naming the stadium after an airline that almost nobody in NYC or even the US cares about or uses just reinforces the otherness of soccer and the team and the league to a city that mostly doesn't care about any of it.
That said, if no potential sponsor is willing to come close to the Etihad subsidy, they'll end up with Etihad. But that won't mean CFG didn't try, which is why I cannot be proven wrong. So yes it's a courage-free observation rather than a prediction out on a limb, but it is what I believe.
Point72 Stadium it is then!

Dude Wipes Ballpark would work really well with the memes in both ways

Just call the area C-town complex 😀

That covers Citi and city or CFG or what ever word they want used.
There are a million potential jokes waiting if they ever were to do that. LOL

I did a little looking around and found out something interesting. Etihad only runs 11 flights per week to JFK and just once per day from New York to Abu Dhabi, which makes me wonder if there's any meaningful return in a naming deal. But here's the thing: Etihad's domestic code share is JetBlue.

Yes, I said "blue." Not to mention JetBlue bills itself as New York's Hometown Airline. It's almost too easy.

So…nothing new right?
tumbleweed GIF

latest stadium news...

So…nothing new right?
tumbleweed GIF

latest stadium news...
Was anything expected?
Seems clear we've gotten multiple sources, including a forum member who has not previously cried wolf, telling us to hope for something maybe mid-December or shortly thereafter.
It might happen. It might not. And to be clear, our guy says nothing is certain.
But pointing out the lack of news on November 2 - is there something I'm missing?

Was anything expected?
Seems clear we've gotten multiple sources, including a forum member who has not previously cried wolf, telling us to hope for something maybe mid-December or shortly thereafter.
It might happen. It might not. And to be clear, our guy says nothing is certain.
But pointing out the lack of news on November 2 - is there something I'm missing?

About 25 new pages to catch up on after being in the UK for a week

Reactions: Shwafta
Was anything expected?

In all fairness, how many times have we heard "hopefully news by the end of the year" only to get to the end of the year and hear nothing.