Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
After years of campaigning for Queens on this forum (and facing a lot of opposition on it as well), this all feels surreal. But also tempering my expectations, because it’s been so long and such a journey, it’s hard to believe tomorrow might be it.

Here’s a question, let’s assume this is finally happening. How far along do we think CFG thinks this proposal is to formally announce it? Surely, they’d have to think it’s close to being a lock.

This is why they came to NYC, to land the white whale and optimally market the brand. They won’t go cheap.
Retractable roof??? I hope they go with the old school brick aesthetic to match Citi. And troughs for urinals of course.

(But if they made it look like a giant fudgy the whale like you suggest, I will not complain!)

Here’s a question, let’s assume this is finally happening. How far along do we think CFG thinks this proposal is to formally announce it? Surely, they’d have to think it’s close to being a lock.
All the real negotiations regarding the major issues of substance and potential conflicts and banana peels have already taken place between stakeholders and been resolved. That’s how it works. The announcement will herald the kickoff of the formal public environmental review process, which is an exercise in analysis and disclosure of potential impacts of various kinds, and a public and civic comment period in response. It is exceedingly rare that a project gets killed at this stage. Modified a bit, yes, sometimes.

This is why they came to NYC, to land the white whale and optimally market the brand. They won’t go cheap.
Retractable roof??? I hope they go with the old school brick aesthetic to match Citi. And troughs for urinals of course.

(But if they made it look like a giant fudgy the whale like you suggest, I will not complain!)
It will be a first class, expensive blue grey minimalist, East German institutional design like everything else they build.

Do you need me to call in with an emergency?
Think Andrea Pirlo GIF by NYCFC

Reactions: Kjbert
It will be a first class, expensive blue grey minimalist, East German institutional design like everything else they build.
For the sake of how rare and potentially special this opportunity is, I hope they really go all in here.

Reactions: Kjbert
For the sake of how rare and potentially special this opportunity is, I hope they really go all in here.

if this happens. isint it technically the first stadium that CFG will build for one of their teams? IIRC all the other teams they own already have a stadium ( either own or rent).

you would hope they try to go all out.

Last edited:
if this happens. isint it technically the first stadium that CFG will make for one of their teams? IIRC all the other teams they own already have a stadium ( either own or rent).

you would hope they try to go all out.
I think this is indeed their first stadium from the ground up. The Etihad was built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. As far as I can tell, all the other clubs they bought or bought into were already playing in their own parks, although CFG has built a lot of ancillary facilities (academies, that kind of thing).

We're kind of their baby, the team they created from scratch at the start of their expansion into CFG. And NYC is by far the biggest city any of their teams play in. I can't imagine they'd come light.

(Ferran Soriano got his MBA at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute not far from where I'm sitting, too. I'm sure he has a soft spot for the Big Apple. LOL)

EDIT: Yokohama has less than half the population of New York, but it's part of the Greater Tokyo area. So let's call that one a tie.