Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
They also said expect an email today.

THEY = one guy.

that one guy also said it's not for everyone.

i would expect if there are emails, it will be the supporter group leadership.

Yes, but it seems somewhat illogical that the largest announcement in club history minus its founding wouldn’t be hyped up.

that is how this club rolls though? they drop bombs. transparency to hype or inform supporters and the public isn't really their MO.

I think the freakout is specifically about the emails, and people are equating no email to mean no announcement. Which is really silly imo.

-----

Do you guys think MLS is gonna do the mls thing they do where they have a "Breaking announcement" live thing, or do you think this will be a completely separate thing? I know they've done that for stadium announcements in the past.

i think MLS will report on it after the announcement is made like any other news tidbit. i really doubt they have any info on it more than supporters since CFG is generally so tight lipped already. Garber might know something but he's not going to leak news. They might have an article written already but forced to keep things tight lipped until after it's official.

Reactions: Kjbert
I would think they won't allow games for both NYCFC and the Mets on the same days. That was going to be the case with the stadium in the Bronx with the Yankees
They may just stagger the times either way. Most Met Saturday home games are 7 pm starts, so NYCFC could still do 4 pm starts those days with no real issue. Apple has said in their tv deal that timing exceptions will be made for stadium availability issues

I think the freakout is specifically about the emails, and people are equating no email to mean no announcement. Which is really silly imo.
When Shwafta Shwafta is the one saying not to jump to conclusions before the allotted time ends based on incomplete results, we are in upside down world.
It is only in upside down world that NYCFC will announce a stadium.

Congratulations everyone. Announcement tomorrow confirmed.

I just bought a new Mac mini (and Dell monitor) to replace my 2015 iMac. I have them side by side while I set the new one up. I’m not doing a transfer because I want a clean, fresh install that cleans out a lot of detritus going back 15 years and 4-5 computers ago. Anyway, I have a full set of 2 mice, 2 keyboards, 2 monitors and 2 machines side by side, and did nothing to connect the 2 computers except they’re both Macs and I’m signed in with the same iCloud account. And automatically, both mice and both keyboards work on both computers, like it’s a 2 monitor setup. They even know which one is on the left or right. Both cool and disconcerting.
I don't need advice, I just found that interesting.

And shut up with your "what is this doing in the stadium thread" nonsense.

I just bought a new Mac mini (and Dell monitor) to replace my 2015 iMac. I have them side by side while I set the new one up. I’m not doing a transfer because I want a clean, fresh install that cleans out a lot of detritus going back 15 years and 4-5 computers ago. Anyway, I have a full set of 2 mice, 2 keyboards, 2 monitors and 2 machines side by side, and did nothing to connect the 2 computers except they’re both Macs and I’m signed in with the same iCloud account. And automatically, both mice and both keyboards work on both computers, like it’s a 2 monitor setup. They even know which one is on the left or right. Both cool and disconcerting.

that's great, but what about your new coffee machine?

that's great, but what about your new coffee machine?
And can you play black hole sun in stereo with them, or the coffee machine, or all 3???

Sorry guys but a part of me still wishes this is a joint Jets/NYCFC announcement with a stadium similar to spurs where the soccer and football fields can be rolled out depending on who is playing.
Hell no lol I’m not having nfl lines on the pitch like Seattle, charlotte, NE, ATL, etc

Hell no lol I’m not having nfl lines on the pitch like Seattle, charlotte, NE, ATL, etc
Did you not read the second half of his message? lol.
You've seen spurs pitch right? One grass and another that opens up to an NFL turf

Either way this would suck because of the scheduling issues it might cause. It works for tottenham because they don't have to play football every week, but here it might cause issues around the NFL/mls overlap...

Reactions: adam and moogoo
there wouldn't be lines cause there would be two different fields like the spurs stadium.

i think that type of project is like impossible here in nyc. like maybe elsewhere in the country with more space. The Arizona Cardinals have something similar but beneath the field is just a floor. i think they host other events on it.