Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Looks like pretty normal horse trading to me. Less odious than arguing about parking spaces.

I don’t know, there is more direct influence here to decision makers or they themselves having some say in certain parts. I mean it can’t continue unless queens borough president gives an ok? Parking is more cohen saying things where he didn’t have much influence over land he doesn’t own.

I don’t know, there is more direct influence here to decision makers or they themselves having some say in certain parts. I mean it can’t continue unless queens borough president gives an ok? Parking is more cohen saying things where he didn’t have much influence over land he doesn’t own.
Randy Levine killed GAL dead unilaterally with no real benefit to the community. The stuff they are asking for actually benefits the community, and it’s their job to leverage things like this for community benefit. That’s literally ”life in the big city.” Allowing street vendors to make a living and beefing up the local cops are common sense measures, unlike preserving unneeded parking spots for suburbanites.

So I am less offended. And less worried.

Randy Levine killed GAL dead unilaterally with no real benefit to the community. The stuff they are asking for actually benefits the community, and it’s their job to leverage things like this for community benefit. That’s literally ”life in the big city.” Allowing street vendors to make a living and beefing up the local cops are common sense measures, unlike preserving unneeded parking spots for suburbanites.

So I am less offended. And less worried.
We’ll see. I just know any nyc politician can screw a project if they don’t get their way. Even if it’s for something that benefits others.

We’ll see. I just know any nyc politician can screw a project if they don’t get their way. Even if it’s for something that benefits others.
As can just about any skilled politician, anywhere. It’s their job to extract maximum advantage for their community. And it’s NYCFC’s job to navigate the situation. At least they stated their terms clearly and honestly, unlike a certain pinstriped baseball “partner.”

The difference is that many more pols have veto power over things in NYC than elsewhere. They are also much more shameless about holding up a popular project over something completely unrelated.

It’s one reason why it is so hard to get anything done in NYC.

Robert Deniro GIF by Film Independent Spirit Awards

It's the same as two weeks ago, they resubmitted the land use package with some revisions. None of the revisions were material from our interests perspective (they added listed square footage for the hotel, clarified parking requirements for some of the parcels being built, updated parking space amounts for certain buildings, etc.).

Reactions: KevinJRogers
So those who are in the know with this - how much of a real threat is this to the project?

Is it just giving attention to an ongoing issue (the article alluded to that a process is already underway to license and create a map for these vendors) and this will get worked out or is this a Randy Levine type of issue where it will blow everything up?

So those who are in the know with this - how much of a real threat is this to the project?

Is it just giving attention to an ongoing issue (the article alluded to that a process is already underway to license and create a map for these vendors) and this will get worked out or is this a Randy Levine type of issue where it will blow everything up?

It is a minor snag.

Generally, for a DCP action that involves legislation (e.g., rezoning) a council member will have greater effect than a Borough president. ULURP requires many land use actions to be distributed and reviewed to community boards, Borough offices, and affected local council members, but the only party among those that has actual power to vote is the member of the legilslative body - the council member. Council members will listen to community boards (as they are the people that gave them a job), and consider Borough president comments, but one could consider the hierarchy to be council > community board > Borough president.

Briefer reply - Moya matters more than Richards.

Last edited:

There's a paragraph in that article which says Richards is negotiating with City Hall over how many stands will be allowed to return. Leads me to believe he is using this as leverage in those negotiations. Hopefully they come to an agreement soon.

I wondering if the WYNC and 1010 are reporting about it due to Steven Cohen's comments from the Sportico Conference.

Cohen, who bought the Mets before the 2021 season, wants to create attractions near the stadium in Queens in the manner of other teams.

“There’s nothing going on. The only thing you can do at Citi Field is get your hubcap changed or maybe get back a catalytic converter,” he said Wednesday during the closing session of Sportico’s Invest in Sports conference. “The way I would describe it is 50 acres of cement.”....The fans want something to do before the game, after the game,” Cohen said. He doesn't address Sponsor Name Stadium.

Reactions: KevinJRogers
“There’s nothing going on. The only thing you can do at Citi Field is get your hubcap changed or maybe get back a catalytic converter,” he said Wednesday during the closing session of Sportico’s Invest in Sports conference. “The way I would describe it is 50 acres of cement.”....The fans want something to do before the game, after the game,” Cohen said.

The fans want somewhere to go where they can bet against the Mets.