Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
They used some cutting edge technology to avoid exactly that. Most people who go there have no idea there's a sewage plant underneath. It's not perfect, and sometimes the smell does come through but most of the time it works.

i drive by everyday, depends on time of day, but it smells god awful at times

Reactions: Kjbert and DiRoma
Yes you would have to by the air rights.
Are air rights really more expensive than ground? Crazy

Yea, it's absurd. St. Patrick's Cathedral actually owns the land that the Palac Hotel is built on, and the air rights above the Palace Hotel. The hotel operator owns the building but leases the land and air rights from the Cathedral.

You will probably see the Palace Hotel cease operations in a few years as developers have offered to "lease the air rights" from the Cathedral for more money than they are currently receiving from the Palace.

NYCFC should just put the stadium they want to build in Staten Island. I know it would be hard commute for some or even most people, but at the same time they would easily be able to build a state of the art stadium with parking lot. What I really care for is to keep it in the 5 boroughs bc than it wouldn't be NYC .
Even in the unlikely event that NYCFC even considered it the local NIMBY contingent would kill it.

In the middle of Times Square. Suspended from the bottom of the Brooklyn Bridge. South Street Seaport.

See, I can do it, too.
I'm thinking a field suspended by wire between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. The field is see through, so the fans sit on barges under the field in the east river. We all lay on our backs and watch from below. Groundbreaking!

I'm thinking a field suspended by wire between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges. The field is see through, so the fans sit on barges under the field in the east river. We all lay on our backs and watch from below. Groundbreaking!
They could just build it on the Astral plane so it looks like whatever the individual person wants it to look like.

But, ugh, 6 train, which means local through Manhattan or an extra switch. For those coming from points south or Queens that's bad.
I get that its not the best for transit, but its 30+ acres looking to redevelop in the city. That seems like a great prospect. Maybe CFG could help fund a new line to get a station closer, its just money right?
BronxPC11152013a.png

I get that its not the best for transit, but its 30+ acres looking to redevelop in the city. That seems like a great prospect. Maybe CFG could help fund a new line to get a station closer, its just money right?
View attachment 1462
I get you. This site has a lot going for it, and every site will involve compromise. But personally, that trip. Ugh. Also it looks like Metro North runs nearby although I'm not sure there's a stop. It seems to be New Haven line and not Hudson which again would be good for some and not so much for others.

That seems more like a location for the NYC Training grounds/ academy
Is there anything of this size in the city? I agree with everyone, not ideal. But it seems more plausible then most suggestions on here. Are any other large areas looking to be redeveloped?

Reactions: Kjbert
Is there anything of this size in the city? I agree with everyone, not ideal. But it seems more plausible then most suggestions on here. Are any other large areas looking to be redeveloped?
100+ plus acres at Sunnyside yards are open to redevelopment only 60 will be used for housing, put giving how bad public transit is to that area I think that site in the Bronx would be best served to be the home of NYC's permanent home to the training ground/ Academy.